15 in 1 Kikoucatai Robot Set

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Darth Trader, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Darth Trader

Darth Trader Well-Known Member

I have a question that I hope you guys can help me with. I just picked this set up recently. After doing a ton of research today, I have yet to find this actual set anywhere except for one Chinese site:
    ¾÷¥ÒÄ¥¶¤¾÷¾¹¤H¤Q¤*¾÷§¹¥þ¦XÅé Kikoucatai - ÅS¤Ñ©ç½æ--²³æ¡B¦nª±¡B§K¶O¡B¦w¥þ

It's an obvious KO since it only says "made in Taiwan" and does not have any bandai markings at all. However, the other KO's I've seen online do not appear to be color-accurate to the original. Although I'm not familiar with Voltron toys, I am familiar with Transformers and I'd consider this set a REALLY good knockoff.

Here are the pics of the original:
    http://www.collectiondx.com/review/1984/voltron_1_deluxe_warrior_set

Here are pics of the one I have:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are some definate issues. There are a couple wheels missing, both Helicopter blades are broken off and one is missing; The red Plane/chestplate doesn't stay on real well, and the fists don't stay in their arms. The sword is also missing. The joints don't seem too bad and some of the main pieces may be used to replace missing parts on an original.

Has anybody seen this set before? If so, any idea of a fair starting price on Ebay? (Or if anybody is interested, let me know before I list him)

Thanks guys!

DT

Thanks guys!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  2. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Well that Voltron series whas made from a show called "Dairugger XV" but I can't see its logo anywhere on the box there. Neither a Bandai logo.

Maybe it's an older bootleg? The absence of age markings would make sense that way.

3. Darth Trader

I believe you may be correct. He definately isn't an actual bandai, because I can't find markings anywhere. Thank you!

4. Darth Trader

I added more pics/info. Thanks!