13 Year Old Girl Killed Herself Over Online Hoax!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Optimus Convoy, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Kids being cruel to other kids, or parents being cruel to kids is nothing new. I had a kids mom slap me around and pretty much beat me up in elementary school, and was picked on well into high school for being a fat kid. Until I got large and mean it didn't stop. But I never hung myself. The girl hung herself, BECAUSE AN INTERNET FAKE MADE FUN OF HER! She obviously had mental problems, and that was the cause of her death. Hanging yourself over harsh words, is natural selection. Very very sad, but the way it is.

2. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Wow. Just wow.

And a note on clinical depression: suicidal ideation is a major part of depression, especially in the more severe cases. And depression is by far the most common psychological disorder - one in ten people, I think it is.

I don't know what the answer is...but somehow we, as a society, have to get bullying under control. It causes too much damage.

3. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

that just sucks, bigtime.

4. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

...and... this are the kind of people that we dont need on earth.

Oh well intrawebs Karma is bound to get them soon.... their adress, name, numbers are out....

public shame may not be, the rigth punishment for this... but hey its a start.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Wow, some of you people are beyond beleif.

6. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

With like so many situations like this... the trigger of the event gets much attention. This girl, as with all the other unfortunate people who have some form of break with reality..... have a very basic problem within themselves.

Life is a hard road to walk... full of cruelty and disapointment. So this poor girl would have killed herself off for some reason eventually. All that was going on here was mean prank... and there's lots of people thinking they should be punished for murder or something. Like they went over and tortured her until she died. It's sort of like blaming the game Halo for someone going on a shooting spree.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

But in that respect, Halo was intended as an entertainment product which did not deliberately set out with the intention of causing anyone harm, emotional or otherwise.

This Adult, and let's not forget the fact that an adult who was also a parent, deliberately went out of her way to hurt a child emotionally by way of deception. There should most certainly be some kind of legal recourse here, suicide or not, because quite frankly that level of deception and cruelty by an adult to a child is totally unacceptable.

8. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

Sick fucks…

Just toss this one in my "this is why I'm losing faith in humanity" pile.

9. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    I feel really bad for the parents and the family that made up the profile are totally assholes ... but the last place for a teenage girl with mental problems is the internet. Your just asking for trouble on that one.

10. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Truer words my friend, truer words.

Reading the posts in this thread turn my stomach almost as much as the news that they relate to.

11. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Poor girl...a very complex situation with no clear answers and reasonable punishments for that family. Clearly the girl had issues beyond her internet 'relationship', though she shouldn't have been on myspace to begin with given that she had mental problems. But that doesn't excuse the adult mother of her ex-friend, and The parents should at the very least be able to file a civil suit against her, but I just don't see how any real criminal charges could be pressed.

12. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    All the more reason why the internet should have a legal age restriction, like alcohol or cigarettes. Only, it should be harder to get around, and more strictly enforced.

"We need to make sure our children aren't seduced by internet pedophiles, yet we don't keep them off the computer in the first place."

Then sh** like this happens. Way to go, parents. It's bad enough there are sick f**ks like this in existence, you can't take meager steps to protect your kids from them!? Oh, I forgot, that would actually involve parenting. Silly me.

The human race is a waste of oxygen and space. We all need to be wiped off the face of the planet. Give it back to the animals.

13. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Mental illness? More like, total weak lamo that needs to toughen the fuck up and stop acting like a whiny bitch! When I was in school, this one kid called me a cock smocking poo-face, so I bludgeoned him to death with his own lunch box. I'mma badass.

14. Blue Meanie

edit: I'm getting outa this thread...

15. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Myspace takes lives!

16. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

........Wow.....

What....*sigh*....I need a drink.

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

i dunno, maybe it´s the constatn flow of wierd and strange shit that pops up on the net, but this get a *sight* from me. With all the cosntatn shit in the world, myabe i just got used to it.

18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the person who created the false account and sent those horrible messages deserves retribution more than the poor girl who killed herself.

i don't see why she didn't just delete the account from her profile. it's easy to ban people from messaging you or seeing your profile, much like setting an ignore up on normal boards.

Whomever it was that sent those messages needs to go to prison or something, though not quite murder it is almost there.

19. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

I don't think we're in any position to judge the life of another person (as I am intimately familiar with). But I think that girl was freaking out.

20. Blue Meanie

edit: I'm getting outa this thread...