12 Year old Trying to Watch TV Kills Toddler

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctor Ingenious, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    this is why i hate being a medic somedays

too many times seeing crap like this

2. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

If he is given life,chances are he'll get it reduced.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Tate

I guess I missed that episode of "10ways to kill a baby"

As Chris Rock says "What ever happened to Crazy?"

The girl, Shaloh Joseph, was rushed to a hospital where she was pronounced dead of blunt force trauma to the head, Cochran said.

The Miami Herald identified the boy's mother as Guerla Joseph.

Don't know about the rest of the US,but there have been quite a few young teens killing infants in the state of Florida over the past 10years.

Some people are born this way,they are monsters.Not saying this kid is,but they do exsist.

Some things in life aren't worth the risk.

3. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Jesus. Accidentally killing is one thing, 'beat to death' is quite another.

Try him as an adult for 1st degree murder. Even a 12 year old is well aware of what hitting someone in the head with a baseball bat will do, let alone a baby...

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I agree. The little shit MUST have known what would happen.

5. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

He clearly knew the noise would stop.

6. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Try the kid as an adult, lock behind bars and throw away the key. This piece of crap should never see the light of day again. If this disgusting piece of crap will do something so horrible at 12, just imagine the disgusting acts this animal will do at 18.

7. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I say put the kid on trial for murder as an adult and also investigate the mother. That reminds me, where's the father in all of this?

8. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

That kid is menace. He need's to be put away. If he can do that at that age, what will he do when he grows up?? And don't tell me about how he can be re-educated. I was a kid too, and 12 years isn't that young, at 10 I knew what was bad and what wasn't, I was a newcomer in a class at 11 and was picked on at the start, got into fights and all. I knew what I could do and what was out of the question.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I want to know what show he was watching.

10. RyakinX

RyakinX Well-Known Member

Ditto, I'm so damn desensitized, that I'm like oh look another kid killed somebody hmmm must be a Monday

11. RyakinX

QTW

With 24 hour, 7 day a week, 365 days a year, 52 weeks a year, 10 years a decade news nowadays, were going to get to see ALL the horrible sh*t humans do to each other,..... simple matter of they have to kill time. I've always debated a point that in the olden days(pick your definition of that) Wars happened directly in front of children, on a regular basis, and a kid could see his dad for instance killed directly in front of him, and were talking visceral type death, limbs hacked and so forth. As far as the TV thing goes, yeah I agree there is a certain sort of separation from it all. Problem is we live in world thats a little to uptight on certain things and to loose on others. Example being people are so uptight on preventing children from knowledge, seeing, or even hearing anything about sex(yeah I agree theres a to young cut off before anybody jumps on me LOL), which used in the right context is an expression of love, but the flip side is they have no problem with the kid siting in front of a TV watching violence which 9 times out of 10 is an expression of hate, or at best a convoluted justified reason, which takes an adult mind to follow properly.

I'm not saying (*imitating cave man voice*) HMMMM GRR Violence Bad HRRMPH!!!

But in a world where the black and white lines of right an wrong are getting severely grayer by the day, how can somebody who is still a kid themselves raise a kid, when they wanna go hang out with their friends, instead of be a parent and teach their kids right from friggin wrong.

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This is an interesting thing to say.

Why do you say the lines between right are wrong are more blurred now than in the past?

13. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say that this child should not be tried as an adult.

Juvenile courts are there for a reason. Trying a child in an adult court is the state saying 'Impartiality be damned, I want to kill somebody.'

14. RyakinX

Hmm true I guess I wasn't specific enough there was talking more about general moral fiber than straight legal right and wrong.

A small example if you will,....

In my Dad's day you could get into a fight with one guy and that was it you and the guy. You fought somebody won or you lost, and you walked away, usually as friends after that. In todays world you can't get into a fight, without worrying about a) somebody pulling out a gun in a fist fight, or b) 5 guys jumping 1 guy. Now I'm not being literal about my point, I'm talking about the philosophy behind it i.e. the whole gun thing in a fist fight. My point is when did it become socially acceptable to bring a gun to a fist fight, and when the hell did it become an expected event, that somebody bring a gun to a fist fight. So to bring it back around Dads day right and wrong situation today what was wrong is now gray. Now keep in mind this is coming from somebody who grew up and has lived all his life on the East Coast, just throwing that in in case its a regional point of view.

Does that help explain it squirrelcar, kinda having trouble getting this point outta my head. I can keep goin if ya want?

15. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

To have the homicidal tendancies at that age is deranged. This kid will probably grow up to be a real danger on society. Lock him up forever and throw away the key.

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Disgusting. :( 

17. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think I understand what you're saying. I do disagree, though. I think it's common for people to idealize the past, much older generations consistently express concern about younger ones. The media makes it worse nowadays--not intentionally, just by virtue of its omniprescence. But I don't really believe that people or society are any more evil today than they were in the past.
    Word. Allowing emotion to dictate legal proceedings is functionally tantamount to mob rule.

It's like the argument for the death penalty, "How would you feel if someone killed your parent/spouse/child?" The answer has nothing to do with what should be done.

18. RyakinX

Yeah you have a point that people do idealize the past, but isn't there some justification in voicing those concerns even though they may be in the vane of *clears throat and goes in to old codger voice* "Well Back in my day we had to walk to school, up hill, both ways with newspaper for shoes"

Yeah I do concede your point that the media does sensationalize it, hence my rant post on 24 hour a day news, but cold hard statistics(if they were done correctly and that's a whole nother conspiracy which could occupy its own thread LOL) state that things are getting worse, and you can't bend math. Of course you have to look at the point to that, yea statistics say its getting worse, but the population has also spiked beyond belief which could sque the results, so you would then have to go to a percentage rate. I am also talking about since accurate statistics were able to be kept to, not dark ages type stuff.

Edit: just reread your post an noticed you used the word "evil." Yeah that I agree on, don't think society is anymore evil now then back then. Think about the idea also that just because something is wrong does not inherently make it evil, LOL and theres the gray between the good and bad coming out in me.

19. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

there are way too many irresponsible parents these days who just let their kids run free and do whatever. drives me nuts. we gotta deal with it every 2 weeks with my daughter when she spends the weekend with her "real" father. she's 8 years old and up there she has satellite tv in her room which she watches until 1 or 2 in the morning all weekend with no supervision. he's constantly undermining us, our house rules, morals, values, everything every 2 weeks. she literally comes home acting like a spoiled brat and we're stuck trying to get her ready for school the next day. the worst part is that everything was fine in our lives before he showed up. he only started this up a couple years ago when we got married, he was out of the picture and i had raised her up until that point. suddenly about a month after the wedding he took us to court with a legal aid lawyer, something we couldn't get because we both have jobs, yet a real lawyer was too expensive for us to afford so we were totally stuck and now because of the ridiculous legal aid system taking his pathetic case. now she goes to his place every 2 weeks and watches him argue with his idiot girlfriend who gave her kid away at 8 months because she couldn't deal with it. society spends too much time catering to idiots and losers. people need to be told that they're wrong, they need to punish their kids when they screw up, send them to bed, turn off the tv, and basically learn how to be a proper human being. you have to do every one of those things that your parents did to you when you were a kid, no matter how much you hated it, or your kid becomes a spoiled, difficult to control brat who has no concept of the difference between right and wrong. if you're a jaded single parent who can't get over the fact that life has changed, don't take it out on your kid, because you're just going to ruin their life worse than your own. anyway, yeah... didn't mean to go on like that... i just hate the state of idiot parents and children these days. life doesn't have to be based on an episode of the maury friggin povich show. *end rant*

20. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, news like this just breaks my heart....so sad...

You cant just blame the 12 year old alone...you have to look at his parents for blame too....

Man, when I was a kid...(36 now)...I swear I never heard of stuff like this happening...if it was they sure kept it on the d.l....