10th Annviersary Tarantulus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by PrimeConvoy, Jun 10, 2006.

1. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I've finally found this guy tonight and the rest of the second wave of the series, i'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but did anyone else get a tarantulus with his lower arms on the oppsite arms?

2. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    wow that wont come in handy

3. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I thought of bringing it up when I bought him a few weeks back, but then I took a look at the original (and Blackarachnia) at TFU.info. Judging by those pics, that's how he was designed, with the "thumbs" on the outside.

Of course, you could always pop his forearms off and swap them. Assuming you want the unpainted side of his mandibles facing up in beast mode.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Odd, my original one has the "thumbs" on the inside. They should be fairly easily swapable anyway.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

It is a mistake, the thumbs should go on the inside, with arms able to bend at the elbows. Its the same thing with Rhinox and his upper arms switched. Not that can't be fixed.

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    <strike>His name is Tarantulas!</strike>

Damn you Hasbro! :D 

7. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    If it's a mistake, it's been like that since it was originally produced. I've had and openned 5 different versions of the mold [2 each Japanese Trance and Black Widow, plus the 10th] and all have them assembled with the "thumbs" out painted side up.

It's easy to just pop them off and have proper articulation, though.

8. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

Yeah it was no big deal, all i did was swap the arms arounds, it just really odd how lately there has been mistakes like that, Rhinox Shoulders, his arms (tarantulas), U. Magnus(Bendy Prime), the new bendy prime for cybertron and even my own Alt skids had his hips on the wrong side of each other. Its rather odd, how lately this has been a common occurs.

9. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

That's nothing, my Wreckloose has two left hands. Hasbro QC looks to be slipping a tad in recent years, I mean my Energon Duststorm has two left kneecap joints too; hence why he doesn't bend the right way on his right leg.

I sure hope the Classics don't suffer from anything like this, but when you're mass producing something you're bound to get a few factory rejects released through the doors.

10. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    See, though... Tarantulus isn't an assembly mistake. Strange design decision, yes, but that is the way he was designed to be assembled. If 10th Tarantulus does have any mistake it's that the images on the back of the box have the arms switched around...

...of course that's the way that's always made more sense, though.

11. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

My original has it's with the thumbs inward, when i notice the mistake i compared it to him and thats when i was certain it was wrong.

12. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I'm kinda glad I skipped the anniversary figs but they're to expensive to jusitfy buying them again. Especially with all the QC problems with them. I saw Tarantulas once and was really tempted to get him but I like the TM version better.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All versions I've had old and new were made "thumbs out or elbows backwards" too. I accept it for the sake of better looks thru paint apps.

14. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

I didn't notice that, then again I have to keep Taratulas out of sight for my wife's sake, she is extremely afraid of spiders (even toy ones).