WTF @ TFW - 407 - May 13 2016

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, May 20, 2016.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 407 - May 13 2016

[​IMG]

Vangelus and Seth talk mastercheets, comicaves, and unofficial moxie, before your intrepid host launches into a 20something-minute off-topic story to close out a contentedly contained mid-May recording.

- Opening
    - Intro
    - Masterpiece Cheetor Enroute!
    - New Pic Picks
    - Listener Question from Dorsk812
    - What We Got This Week
    - Ending and Outro

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune user - You can still subscribe here, I think:
    zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

Or you can click below. But please subscribe to us, it's more professional that way!
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_407_-_May_13_2016.mp3

2. C310 Ginrai

C310 Ginrai Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe the crazy 500 Ironman figure making company you're thinking of is Play Imaginative. I heard they're putting up their secret volcano lair for sale.

3. shiftshock

shiftshock Well-Known Member

Vangelus have you seen the Arbys commercial about "Mouth Feel"?

4. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Sounds cool about that time you had at Global Wars. Wait, there's a Canadian wrestler named Moose? I don't believe you. :D 

5. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I like the talk about Masterpiece-sized and Masterpiece-styled figures and the shut up and like the toy bit. I just recently got the iGear Ironhide and Ratchet and they're both WAY too big for my classics stuff, but at the same time, definitely don't meet the qualities (or size) that I like in my MP figures - though I'd like to see comparisons between those two and the official MP Ironhide and Ratchet.

Regardless, they're neat toys. I like them. They don't fit in ANYWHERE in my collection, but that's OK, cause they're neat.

I like the listener question, too. Thanks, Dorsk812! I have a 2-year old niece and a 9-month old niece - so they're not nearly old enough to care, but it'll happen eventually!

On the topic of scorpions, the ones I've encountered in my time in Texas only ever lifted their tails when they go into fight mode (from my experience, "defense mode"). Otherwise, they just kinda drag their tails along, like... some other animal that drags its tail. Not to say that a sturdier tail for Pandinus's headmaster wouldn't be great, but it can be made to be on-topic.

6. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

Yeah, unlicensed third party figures are in a theoretically creative free zone, but these are still companies that need to turn a profit to stay in business and pay their designers. Toy companies, third party or Hasbro, don't get bonus points for creating whatever the engineers feel like it. The whole enterprise needs to sell its product to the marketplace.

7. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    In ancient Rome there was a lot of master-slave boy relationships, particularly in high society. Knight-Squire relationships were also common in Sparta (which was part of Greece), often encouraged because your fellow soldiers were almost entirely the only other people you would have contact with during your training. I wouldn't be surprised if Athens and the rest had similar practices, but I haven't read about it yet.

8. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Hand feel.

Giggity.

9. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Happy late birthday Seth.:) 

I wonder if they're still planing on making all the suits. BBTS has a PreOrder up for the MK XLII due out this May.

10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you