TFW's Combiner Wars Sky Lynx In-Hand Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    For our next gallery of the Combiner Wars line, we're giving some love to the surprise announcement that caught us all off guard last year, Sky Lynx! For years, a new and updated Sky Lynx seemed to be one of those things we would never see, and yet, here he is - and he's rather nice.

Sky Lynx's new incarnation is every bit as quirky as the original, going from space shuttle to space dragon modes. Both modes are chock full of molded details, and the dragon mode has decent poseability, although it's let down by the rear claws not locking out and consequently folding up under the weight of the toy. What was a surprise for me personally, though, was the Sky Reign mode. Sky Reign was something I, and a lot of others, wrote off as just being an inclusion to fit with the line's theme. Playing about with it for this gallery, though, I really warmed to Sky Reign, and especially to how the shoulders allow for some forward flexing in the arms, which is a really nice touch. Word of warning for those wanting to do this mode, though - the leg ratchets were not overly strong on mine, and I've heard others say the same. For those missing the Lynx mode of the original - fear not, there are fan mode options available without any modifications.

Overall, Sky Lynx is a charming and fun addition to the line. He's not perfect by any means, he's not even the best Voyager in the line - but he delivers on giving us an updated Sky Lynx, as well as being fun. Check out Sky Lynx and Sky Reign in their gallery below:

Combiner Wars Sky Lynx Gallery

[​IMG]
    Combiner Wars Sky Lynx Space Dragon Mode

[​IMG]
    Combiner Wars Sky Lynx Shuttle Mode

[​IMG]
    Combiner Wars Sky Reign - my personal configuration, since I don't have the Autobots that "officially" make the Combiner. I used Slingshot and Alpha Bravo for arms, and Blades and Fireflight for legs. I really liked how the colours of the five blended that way round.

[​IMG]
    Combiner Wars Sky Lynx with Generation 1 Sky Lynx

And wrapping up with my pair of Lynx form fan-modes - I'm certain Hasbro must have designed it so these were possible on purpose, the Lynx looks too good to be a coincidence.

[​IMG]
    Combiner Wars Sky Lynx Lynx fan-mode

[​IMG]
    Combiner Wars Sky Reign Lynx King fan-mode

2. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love the choice of bots for Sky Reign and the beast Sky Reign.

3. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    I need to get this Guy. He is Fantastic Every way Possible.

4. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nice photoshoot, I've seen others mention that his tailfins look backwards, but yesterday I was playing with armada Jetfire and noticed his tailfins are the same. Wonder if that's coincidence or an intentional homage?

5. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

The red and white limb choice is lovely. I love sky reign's broad shoulders. He looks like a superhero. Very excited to add this guy to my collection. Every mose is superb. And he's different yayyyyy

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Coincidence, probably. The fins form part of the chest - if they were the other way round or not there, the chest would lose some of its dynamic quality.

7. l0te

l0te Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I love seeing people's fan configurations of this guy and his combined form. I wasn't going to bite at first but I might need to reconsider.

8. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The idea of a combined mode being a beast form is so cool that I'd have rather that be the official combined state. Unique, different and heaps of possibilities story wise.

9. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

He is a thing of beauty. And I agree with the above comments about the combined beast mode. That just looks bad ass. Like Cybertron meets Egyptian mythology. Just too cool for school. Great pics, really cemented my need to have the big guy on my shelf.

10. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Yeah, definitely getting a space dragon. Haven't been a lot of local sightings yet, though.

11. G1primus01

G1primus01 Til all are 1

I really want this guy

12. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

If it weren't for the reports of crappy ratchets I might've bitten on this guy already. As is I'm sort of hoping for a fixed version.

13. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't going to use him as a combiner but seeing him with the other bot limbs swayed my mind. Almost want 3 of him :p  One for MISB collection, one in regular Sky-Lynx form and combined ugh :p 

14. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a pretty straightforward fix posted in the feedback thread. The problem is that the "teeth" are installed in a slot that is just a little too deep to catch the gear. The fix just requires throwing in a thin spacer into the slot to raise the teeth up so they catch it better.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I need to get this guy something fierce.

16. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the "Sky Lynx" mold, including the "lynx" mold. I'm hoping Hasbro / 3rd party will make "animals" arms / legs. Sky Reign just looks weird having planes and cars as arms and legs.

17. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    I am waiting for a Takara Sky Reign box set, but I'm definitely going to pick up a Hasbro Sky Lynx if I see one in the wild. With so many options I'll be hard pressed not to buy two, one each for Lynx and Dino-bird modes.

It's hilarious that there was a thread on TFW about beast mode combiners not that long ago. That may just be my default mode for him. I hope that Perfect Effect make proper claws for him.

18. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 真破壊大帝

News Credits:
    Super awesome gallery of a great figure.

19. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First Brawls mid section not fully collapsing now the issues with sky lynxs rear feet and Combiner leg modes not ratcheting. This is more than quality control it's bad design choices. If not done on purpose due to running out of parts counts.

20. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I tightened the screws on his rear feet and he stands just fine now.