TFW's Age of Extinction Armor Knight Optimus Prime Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    We've got a great new gallery of a toy from the Age of Extinction line that never left Japan to share with you! Courtesy of TFW2005 member Russian Fan, we have a look at AD-31 Armor Knight Optimus Prime.

Armor Knight Optimus Prime is to the regular Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime what Buster Optimus Prime was to the Revenge of the Fallen Leader Optimus Prime - a toy that takes the base Leader toy we got at mass retail and then improves on it, with remolded elements, new accessories, and a premium level of paint to become the definitive version. For Armor Knight Optimus Prime, this meant a lot of remolding including the chest, arms and head, the latter of which was also reworked to include a gimmick to allow Optimus' face to switch from a faceplate head to an unmasked one. The paint is also a step up and really helps to put this one over. If you've not got a toy of this new Movie Optimus Prime, right now, this is the definitive item.

Check out Russian Fan's photos of this gorgeous piece at the link below, including some shots of the toy with the Beelzeboss die-cast Sword of Justice - I'm told that the weight of metal does unfortunately make it hard for the toy to hold, but it looks truly boss in the robot's hands.

Age of Extinction AD-31 Armor Knight Optimus Prime Gallery

[​IMG]
    Age of Extinction Armor Knight Optimus Prime Robot Mode

[​IMG]
    Age of Extinction Armor Knight Optimus Prime Truck Mode

[​IMG]
    Age of Extinction Armor Knight Optimus Prime Action Pose

[​IMG]
    Age of Extinction Armor Knight Optimus Prime with Beelzeboss Sword

[​IMG]
    Age of Extinction Optimus Primes compared, regular version to the left and Armor Knight to the right

[​IMG]
    Armor Knight Optimus Prime with Buster Optimus Prime

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Cool looking toy of the upgrade he got in the movie that no one realized was an upgrade.

3. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    I still think this is a decent mold. It makes an awfully nice statue when you remove the pin holding on the hitch and rear wheel section.

Anyways, great pics!

4. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Excellent looking figure. Having the standard Hasbro Leader Optimus I already liked that figure a lot because of how dynamic the legs are. This one improves it even more. I am a little baffled that they still used orange/yellowish plastic for the clear parts. They may as well have made it grey since they painted the windows.

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

held sculpt is good..............................

Yay thats about it and thats only if you like the movies. I ll take some masterpiece Prime over this 10 out of 10 times. This stuff is really jumping the shark.

6. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    well, the head and deco is nice, but that mold is a hot mess. I also was unaware it was that much tinier then the ROTF Leader mold (which just puts it too open shame in that picture up there)

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Not really a fan of the figure but the pictures look amazing, especially with the black background.

8. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally forgot about this figure. These pictures are making me kinda regret not picking him up when he was still readily available... I might just have to put a preorder in for the Black Knight version... hmmm...

9. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

Hmm, I always thought that this mold was equal to or larger than the Leader ROTF Optimus mold, isn't it? Or is it the "First Edition" that's larger? Not owning either, I wouldn't know. :confused: 

10. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks to all! This gallery was a quite big challenge for me! While I already worked with black bgr, I made great effort to get the best photos. Good remember four transformation of both Primes! In the same day:D 
    Concerning backpack - yeah it leads to some problems but not forbids cool poses - look at the gallery and you'll be surprised! In general making this gallery was VERY interesting!
    About the windows - they're not painted but the color is yellowish
    Also the big thanks to TFW member Gepard who sent me a missing tire for the figure!

11. Verthawk

Verthawk Duly-Appointed Enforcer of the Emperor of Mankind

I love this figure. But I have two big gripes: 1) the blazing sword and shield look poor and need replacements; 2) I need a way to remove the backpack without destroying it. I heard there was a tutorial out there but I can't find it.

12. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in for sure on that one.

That will look great once this mod is done. Only takes a min to remove the pin and it still holds rock solid in alt mode.

You can see the nubs in the third pic on the rear part which the pin goes through. I used a shall punch to knock it out then pliers. No damage at all. The four pics are post mod.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont give a shit..I LOVE this mold. The truck mode looks SO nice with the chrome, and bot mode is just flat out fun with a fun transformation. If you have it on the shelf, it looks AWESOME from the front..like a nice statue. And it rolls AWESOME.

Look in the feedback thread for AOE Leader prime. Ill try to find it. You can take the rear wheeled section off...2 different way. One has the hip skirt armor on it and with the shield gun it looks like a Small tank drone/roller With rampart like shileds for deluxes, that scale with this one fine all around.

The other way keeps the hip skirts on the figure, and easily detaches just the wheeled frame.

I havent donw one yet, but I think im gunna grab it and do one of em now.

Out of the AOE line..this is one of the top 5 for sure. My buddies was hilarious though, It would shoot the head out like a nike missile..seriously..like 15 feet. like..hazard type shit.

14. Smashs

News Credits:
  15. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NINJA'd!!

haha..yep..I think thats the one im doing. Can you post a pic with some of the deluxes using the shields on the drone? I seen it once, and it was awesome looking. Crosshairs and AOE Bee(excellent Mold) looking like they were firing behind it. so cool.

As for this particular version..its the best looking yet.

I was really hoping this got a white repaint. If I could photoshop, I would turn all the blue plastic white, with some blue and red details or design..I think this mold would ROCK in white, or some other than red,blue or black.

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Sorry, I find Buster OP better-looking.

17. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    of course it is..but this is a fun, cool Optimus prime. Its hard to beat nuster in ANY category.. but you can still have one that TFs faster, and a different all around look.

Apples and oranges there

19. Smashs

News Credits:
    Well obviously. Any version of the RotF mold is better IMO. Still a decent figure with some tweaks.

The one thing this figure wins on is the head. Having the swappable face in the helmet is genius. Every Optimus should be like that.

edit -

Sure does. I even demonstrate that in the thread. He can eve wear the backpack securely without the pin.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  20. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Agreed! Absolutely the best figure of 2014'! None the worse than ROTF Buster Prime! Because the level of details is the same:thumb