Insecticons Platinum Edition

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Autobot_82, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Autobot_82

Autobot_82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went to Kmart in Commerce, CA and found these Insecticons. I was looking for the price; but didn't have any so I went to customer service to check the price and the lady said, "$79.99." I couldn't believe what she said. I thought I heard wrong so I went to electronics and the guy who was there said the same price of $79.99. I went back to the aisle and let them there. I was expecting a price of $40 to $50. It's just too much in my opinion. Good luck selling them for that amount.

Attached Files:

2. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    stupid stupid stupid price

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Yeah that seems a bit much. I love the Insecticons and I bought the Toys R Us reissues a few years ago when they were fairly priced... but they're definitely not worth 80 bucks lol.

4. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

No one is going to pay that price... sorry Hasblow! Will wait until Ross gets these

5. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, it didnt take very long for these guys to show up- first stateside sighting I believe. Agree that the price is way too high. I'd probably pay $50-$60 for these guys, no more

6. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Weird that a Platinum set is showing up at KMart. I thought Platinums were TRU exclusives?

7. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    A bargain at twice the price.

8. 7thParallel

7thParallel Well-Known Member

If it's $100 in Canada (standard mark up) then that's really stupid.

Honestly, $40 - $50 seems more logical and even then that's too much.

9. Zombie F Body

Zombie F Body Has left the building...

News Credits:
    $200 Titanus (granted all new, etc. and recently cut in half...after most of us that really wanted one, myself included paid the initial price!), $20 Legacy MMPR figures, what's going on with the exclusive scene lately? I was talking to my LCS owner yesterday and it seems that companies or whoever is carrying these exclusives have lost their ever loving minds. There's the exclusive premium cost and then there's whatever this is! With the upcoming MMPR movie Legacy figures listing at $10 and Legacy Tigerzord at $70 it seems that TRU and Bandai have been clued into reality at least.

I got the TRU Insecticons for $30 at TRU a few years ago when they released him with the Perceptor reissue. With 2/3 of the team completed in excellent modern form I'll just hold out for Kickback (or a MP version that I'd gladly pay around $70 for just one!). I'd be more inclined to believe this is just K-Mart gouging but things need to come down to a reasonable cost if they want these to move.

10. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So far every single platinum release has been hampered by either a terrible mold or a terrible deco.

Now this platinum release finally gets both of those right, but the price is terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zombie F Body

Zombie F Body Has left the building...

News Credits:
    The stickers on my previous re-release of these kept falling off. That's why I ended up selling them. At $70 I'd hope every aspect of these would be perfect but I'm still not willing to pony up that much for G1 reissues.

12. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Can we start having Beast Wars reissues, now? The same amount of time between G1 airing and their first reissues has passed since BW first aired...

13. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lmao, sounds like a plan.

14. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed!

15. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I have the reissue from TRU from a while back. I think I'll pass on these :lol 

16. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Now there is one way I might, MIGHT, consider this. If all the stickers were completely replaced with high quality paint apps, then that would be something. Otherwise, I have all three sitting on my shelf, battered and bruised and purchased off Ebay a decade ago. I can't imagine what they could do to make me want to pay 80 bucks for those molds, short of the aforementioned paint apps.

17. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    $79.00? Somebody is trippin hard hard.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Elrodthealbino

Elrodthealbino Nerd Alert!

You can get a mint vintage loose set for that, or hell, mib if no one is really bidding that day.

19. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    $79 and at K-mart? When's the last time anything G1 related ever hit a K-mart? Also those stores are known for having increased prices compared to other stores so who knows maybe walmart will have the set for a perfectly reasonable $59.99? :D 

20. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    The price is just painful, and I can't even imagine how horrendous the price would be if it was released over here. They normally just take the US price and double it to get the New Zealand price, so yeah, no thanks. Looks nice, but not for that price.

Also, small annoyance, but I hate the whole "5 steps" thing on the back. WHO CARES HOW QUICK IT IS TO TRANSFORM?

They won't be. Tampographs at best, but I doubt we even got those this time.

The Energon cubes that store in the Diaclone pilot's cockpits are neat, but not enough to warrant the price.