100% Complete

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blitzkrieg, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Supreme Leader

I get a kick out of some sellers on ebay that say...."100% Complete" when they are selling a Transformer Action Figure, Example;

Transformers Vintage G1 ULTRA MAGNUS 100% Complete L@@K

CONDITION:
    * Item is in good condition with normal play wear and sticker wear
    * Near complete with all accessories, only missing both small fists and the laser gun.
    * 100% Vintage collection, hard to find complete set now
    * Comes as you see in the picture

Then, that is not 100% Complete. I could be wrong, but I think that 100% means everything, box, insert, instructions, and all accessories. What do the rest of you think?

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    its shady. What they do is a way to lie and hide the truth. They can hide behind the "we DID describe it properly!" statement because they stated it in the description, but it is purposely misleading on the title to trick the not-careful buyers.

So we get into a heated (probably) discussion about whether it is the buyer's job to read thru everything written about what they buy to make sure they are not tricked, versus the seller's responsibility of describing their item honestly and directly.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

It's like fishing. Throw it out there, see if you get a bite. Some people don't even read past the original tagline.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Oh, here is what I think though:

If a buyer did buy from this shady seller and complaints, my view is:

1. Yes, the buyer is at fault for not reading everything.
    2. Yes, the seller is a jerk and playing borderline.

The buyer's "fault" is probably not "on purpose", but the seller's, is.

5. Blitzkrieg

Agreed, a lot of buyers then try to leave negative feedback because they don't get everything they are supposed to. When they see the 100% Complete, they just bid and don't read.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I had a buyer quite recently who complained about an item I'd sold him because there were some miniscule little dings in the box for a TF which I CLEARLY showed in the photos of the item. IMO, you can't mention literally everything in words in a listing, so really the argument here is how much weight the pictures carry versus the written description.

If one blatantly contradicts the other then it is a fraudulent listing. If something is omitted either in the pics or the text then the waters start to get a little muddy.

Sadly some people are just out there waiting to burn sellers. I'm not excusing sellers who deliberately leave out significant details like if an item is broken or missing parts, but really, as a buyer, if you're not 100% happy with what you see in the listing, then just don't bid on it.

7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For me 100% means every part of the toy itself (guns/missles/accessories) is included. This does not count the box, inserts, instructions.

Even here on TFW, you'll see many people saying a figure is complete but the packaging isn't there.

8. Red Hope

Red Hope Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Agreed. I don't see 100% including instructions, box, & inserts.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don't care for bait and switch sellers.

but if you as a buyer do not read the entire auction listing, or try to email with questions, and still risk it, then god help ya.

me, i have criteria for dismissing a listing. bad pictures (really bad one where the flash reflects on the bubble and i can't even see the package), odd angles, or the phrase "I dunno".

if you "dunno" what it is, why is it BIN for 384.25 (plus shipping)?

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    100% complete is the figure and all accessories, not the figure and some accessories, put a rough estimate of the percentage complete in the auction title instead of 100%, tghat's just shady,

11. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

That's blatantly bad.

I personally hate the 100% - 1 rule. For every missing piece, you drop 1% percentage point. That's not how percentages work people. When you have an item with 10 pieces and it's missing one piece, it's 90% complete, not 99% complete.

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Especially when the missing piece is $25 sold separately.

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Don't you guys dig it when you see auctions like:

"transformer XYZ rare! 100% complete missing gun/missiles/head"

14. Blitzkrieg

For sure, I received my G1 Ultra Magnus Boxed, and it's missing one cab connector, and the decoder. The seller said it was 100%, but obviously it's not, i'm not complaining, I paid an awesome price, just stating a fact. :D 

15. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    And the same seller is selling that missing piece for $35 in another auction...

16. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That really annoys me, generally more ebay "HYPE" titles bug me like NOT A Reissue and then later says its a reissue, or the its XYZ variant super rare, when there is no such thing as XYZ variant.

17. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

How about the "MINT" statment. I got a motormaster's sword on ebay that the seller says "MINT Condition" and when I received it was far from mint. It was in poor condition...scratches everywhere and chrome was fading and coming off, black spots all over it!!!