100% certain generations Wheeljack is coming mid 2011

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 1984forever, Sep 27, 2010.

1. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

You guys can scoff, holler psychic or play cynic all u want. But consider this... Turbo Tracks HAS to be repainted into something. Both him and Wheeljack have-

Hood portions as legs

Cab as chest

Shoulder mounted Missle launchers

Sure Tracks' wings are on his arms, but IDW's Wheeljack has the wings on his arms too. Just check out All hail Megatron. And did anyone notice how Tracks hoody/trunk piece over his head is almost non-existent? They did this so Wheeljack wouldn't look so much like a Tracks repaint. I'm sure we're going to see him in the mid portion of 2011, the question is when will they announce it officially?

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm sure it's a good possibility.

3. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm thinking sooner, like early 2011. :) 

4. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Why mid 2011 though? Random?

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    by mid 2011 generatiosn would dead as every CLassic lines Dies Before any of the bayformers films gets released

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah it'd have to come out before the TF3 stuff comes out, so earlier in 2011 is more likely....buuuuttt if Tracks is going to be repainted into something, Wheeljack is a possibility (especially since there's nothing else I can think of that really matches Tracks, unless they're insistent on a Decepticon and cram in a Stunticon or something at random, similarities be damned). Then again, Hound has yet to be repainted (not counting the Botcon repaint) and Red Alert didn't come out until Generations, so even if it's a logical repaint, it may not come out right away if they want to stash one "headliner"-type character for fans when Classics-style stuff returns after TF3.

That aside, yes if Wheeljack ends up a repaint rather than its own original mold, I could see it as a Tracks repaint that simply hasn't been announced yet. It will be interesting to see what they do with the mold in the future.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Yeah, and Classics Red Alert came out in 2008 too, along with the original tooling of the mold. And Prowl in his hood chest, wheel shoulders, roof back, wheel shins, shoulder mounted gun, and door wing glory was also repainted into Jazz...what?

I'd rather wait until Classics 4.0 in 2012 for a new mold than for a repaint in 8 months (plus, hasn't Hasbro indicated that Generations might run concurrently with the TF3 line?). Why do people insist that the only way we'll be getting Wheeljack is as a repaint of Tracks? Why would we want him to? It's not like Hasbro doesn't have anybody else to repaint him into *cough* Road Rage *cough* somebody inspired by his alternate yellow BT scheme *cough* I REALLY wish people would stop talking about this as confirmed or a sure thing.

8. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could be right-

But would it really be a GOOD thing to get Wheeljack as a half assed repaint rather than a new mold? I'd rather not see him show up that way.

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Gee I hope we don't get Wheeljack as a stupid tracks repaint. That mold isn't too good.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'd prefer Wheeljack NOT be a repaint of Tracks, as much as I kind of like Tracks.

But I wouldn't put him out of the line-up. Seems like with Tracks, Jazz, Trailbr- "cutter," and Scourge, they're trying to finish up with highly popular characters they've missed in the previous lines.

I think whatever comes out in the Generations line up until the next movie line is going to be the end of the Classics-styled figures.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'm thinking this too and dont mind actually. for all you know tracks legs could be reversed and youd have the hood in front for wheeljacks legs. there are a shitload of autobot cars so i certainly dont mind hasbro doing more variety in alt modes.

12. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I would like to put more faith in Hasbro than to give us Wheeljack as a repaint of this mold (unless there is some heavy retooling). People have been yelling for wheeljack and Jazz for a few years now, and I just hope that Hasbro listens to the fans enough on a line that really seems meant for the collector to not give us a mold that doesn't 100% screem WHEEEEEELJACK and GEEEEEEWUN at the same time.

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Those knees look a LOT like they bend one way, just look at those kneecaps. To have the legs reversible so that the hood goes in front would require a LOT of new tooling in the shin area. So much that Hasbro might as well just invest in a new mold.

14. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Wheeljack deserves his own mold. Although it would probably look like crap. Surprise me Hasbro.

15. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

New mold, retool or straigh repaint, I want a Wheeljack! To me the Tracks mold look to be perfectly suited to fill the bill (and was probably intented to serve that purpose). A new head, new door-wings and the right deco would make it look perfectly fine.

Don't really give a crap about the hood being on the back legs instead of the front really, Sunstreaker don't have hood-feet either and he's still awesome, and this will too if it hapen :) 

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    The picture up there ^^^ is making Tracks look pretty bad ass. i take back saying that the mold was fugly. Those feet still suck though.

Wheeljack needs his own mold. He deserves it... he's paid his dues..

17. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't Hasbro hint at Botcon that Tracks was going to be retooled into Wheeljack, and Perceptor into Reflector, and teased at idea of also being done into Trailblazer/cutter? Pretty sure i read that and makes sense (plus closes the final gaps in the last of the 84 cast to get updated)

18. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I'm in the camp of those who want wheeljack to get his own new mold.

19. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Well Tracks has gotta come out first, and that's spring 2011. So I figured mid 2011. B4 the movie.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The likelyhood of Wheeljack being a Tracks remold is directly proportional to the amount of fan rage against the idea.