100 Bullets

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Razerwire, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Who's reading and who's got theories?

I just got TPB#11 last week, read it, and now I'm re-reading it from TPB#1.

And I haven't the slightest clue where it's all heading to. But man is it fricken GOOD! :rock 

2. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I read it.

I beginning to think that Graves wants the Trust from himself and the minutemen.

OR

Augustus is using Graves to wipe out everyone else.

3. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Man, from the looks of it only you and I are reading this awesome series. :lol 

I think right now the biggest question for me is[Spoiler Alert] who the dude is that they set on fire on the pier in Atlantic City.

4. Boggs6ft7

Perhaps the real person pulling the strings?

I can't get enought of this series and I'm going to be sad when it ends. I got a chance to talk to Azzarello at wizardworld and asked him if he would continue stories after it ended and he said it was a possibility. There is lots of backstory that hasn't been covered yet either.......like how Dizzy learned martial arts when she doesn't know she even has that ability.

I would read a book dedicated to Lono too, he is a character I love to hate.

5. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Did Azzarello say how much more is left of the story?

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've got about 40 issues up to the current one, of which I've only read about ten. I love it, but I dug the first few I read so much I've been meaning to go back and grab the trades before I read anymore. Just been dragging ass on it.

But yeah, I LOVE it. Especially the consistent (at least from what I've seen) absence of any actual good guys.

7. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I gotta say my favorite story arc is the one with Wylie and Gabe (Martin.) It was just so damned tragic.

8. Boggs6ft7

It ends at 100, last issue was 86 or 87 I think.

9. Boggs6ft7

oh, my favorite story so far is one about Joe DiMaggio. It has no real effect in the long run, just a nice twist.

10. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Heh. How fitting. I guess I should've known.
    That little side bit was awesome as well. :rock 

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Here's some more questions that are bouncing around my head as I head into #11 of the TPB:

[SPOILER ALERT]

1. What's the deal with the painting?
    2. What's the deal with Echo Memoria?
    3. With Wylie and Milo dead, and Dizzy taking Milo's place, aren't they still one short of 7? Or is Loop the 7th? I wouldn't count Loop because he wasn't "activated."
    4. What purpose does Mr. Branch actually serve?
    5. What is the "Greatest Crime?"
    6. Why is Dizzy so vital in everything and if she was activated, was she involved in the Atlantic City thing?
    7. Where is Graves getting his attaches from?
    8. How does Graves deactivate the Minutmen?

And here are some theories:

1. That guy on the pier that they set on fire was Augustus' father. Augustus' father was killed by Augustus so that he can move up. Graves and the Minutemen did the dirty work.

2. The guy on the pier that was set on fire was Mr. Shore. Augustus okayed it so that Graves can take over the Minutemen.

12. Boggs6ft7

I'm pretty sure Loop is the 7th, his dad used to be Graves' partner and his dad is known among the other minutemen (namely Lono)

I'm pretty sure the greatest crime was the stealing of the united states, the painting commemorates it....but there has to be something else there, like a secret in the painting for everyone to want it so bad.

Dizzy may have already played her part when she shot you know who. That person wasn't supposed to know what he found out, he found out, used it, and got killed, but not before telling Lono the secret.

I think Graves is getting his power from Augustus, we already know they are working together.

The other stuff I'm not sure on, interesting theories though.

13. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Here's another person that could be
    the guy on the pier. Roland Dietrich. Not sure why but he was in a car with Graves when the Minutemen struck in Atlantic City. I think we were supposed to be led to believe that they then put him in the trunk of a car which was driven out to the pier.

Another question not yet answered is where and what was Lono doing during the Atlantic City thing?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  14. Boggs6ft7

A person I never thought would show up again, showed up in the last issue.

Azzarello is a genius.

15. Boggs6ft7

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I thought I would continue this one.

Issue #91

Holy hell. The closer this gets to the end, the sadder I become that I won't get any more 100 bullets.

Spoilers

One of the biggest mysteries of the story gets revealed and only takes a handful of panels to explain. Graves is now cut off from the attaches and carte blanc. Also, this is from the last issue, there is NO WAY Loop could take out Cole and I'm curious as to what happend to Loop since Cole is obviously alive.

If this were a TV show, people would eat this up more than Lost, Heroes, Sopranos, etc....

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i've got this on my list of trades to buy...which is a huge list...hopefully this summer i can start picking it up...

17. Boggs6ft7

Four issues left....

I wish I was Agent Graves, he gives one of the best stone cold monologues in this last issue.

18. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I just reread 1-12 of the TPBs. I have to wait until the 13th TPB comes out. It's gonna be TORTURE.

So many questions I have.

SPOILER ALERT!

1. So far (up to #12 of the TPB) the House of Peres, Madrid, Carlito, Nagel, Simone, Kotias, and Rhone are gone leaving Medici, Dietrich, Vasco, Vermeer, and D'Arcy. So where/who is the 13th House that's unaccounted for? Are they an unimportant family like Vermeer is who was only shown once?

2. Of the seven Minutemen that are "always active" Milo and Wylie are dead, leaving Victor, Cole, Jack, Remi, and Dizzy. Loop hasn't been activated yet and Lono got promoted to Shepherd's role. So minus Lono, Milo, Wylie, and Loop, there are only 5 active Minutemen. So unless we're counting Lono and Loop as Minutemen, doesn't this go against the whole "always 7 active Minutemen" rule?

3. What the heck does Echo Memoria and that damned painting have to do with all this?

4. What the hell was with that story of Victor rescuing that kid?

19. Boggs6ft7

1. It has not been revealed yet, I'm thinking it has a connection to graves though.

2. I think Lono is being included, I think the Trust was just humoring him by making him the Warlord. And there were conflicting minutemen groups and I guess there still are.

3. I have no idea although there was a development with Remi and his brother in the last issue.

4. No idea, probably something he felt guilty about doing before he woke up.

20. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Man, it seems like you and I are the only ones reading 100 Bullets on the boards. :lol