Minor/Repaint: 10 Minutes Left for my Custom Barricade!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DvDqNoC, Aug 30, 2007.

1. DvDqNoC

DvDqNoC Banned

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Man, for the prices these customs are going for, it makes me want to go out, buy a few toys and make some of my own to throw up there.

3. Senor_Escobar

Senor_Escobar Well-Known Member

same here but i would never forgive myself for messing up a toy i spent money on

4. Demonicon

Demonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As cool as these customs are, I'm gettin' really annoyed of people treating it like an Ebay advertising forum.

"L@@K! Custom Transformers Movie 2007 Buy-Bot! YOU BUY NOW! ONLY 8 DAYS LEFT!!!!!"

5. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Hmmm...

Four customs (three of which have been seen Psyche-Out, Scanout, Vibe) just sitting up on top of my filing cabinet.

Beautiful work you've done there. Love with what you've done with his hands. Now, where's Frenzy in those shots?

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    David. I like your work, but often wonder if you just do repaints purely for the sake of making some money?

You created a thread on a kitbash and custom board...so you get more bids?
    You also knocked on a few other auctions claiming thier products suck and don't deserved the bids they get, and that yours were undersold, and should be high priced.

Im not trying to be an asshole but, perhaps you need to put more heart into your repaints/customs instead of just trying to make a quick buck.

7. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's pretty obvious that is his goal. Why dance around the issue? You're not being an asshole pointing it out when it's clear as day. Look at his website; it's all movie customs that have gone straight to ebay.

The problem is everyone thinks this is some horrible diss or personal attack. The guy does customs to sell on ebay...so what? What's so wrong with that? Sure, maybe he enjoys doing them, and takes pride in his work, as well he should, but ultimately they're made to be sold. I don't see why this is a taboo topic here.

8. RunaR

RunaR Well-Known Member

Maybe besause this is the Customs & Kitbashers section of the forum. You show you repaints here. If you want to advertise your stuff, there is a ebay section.

Selling your stuff is fine with me. Putting a ebay link in your post when you show your custom is fine. This custom was show some time ago. Questioning other ebay listings and advertising your own is not fine. -> ebay section

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I have to say that as much as I love seeing what people have done with the movie toys (and customs/kitbashes in general; I couldn't do it myself, but I am a big fan of this forum) I would agree that threads advertising customs people are sellingbelong in the eBay forum, not in here.

10. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree.

Do people really have enough time in their day to worry about a stranger's toy painting motivations?

I like to look at his work. Not because he sells it or because he keeps it. I like to look at it because it doesn't suck. I could care less if he sells his or if he's hoarding his work in his mom's basement.

There are plenty of customs all over the internet that are less than professional and I have no problem with that whatsoever. Poor sculpting, shoddy details, clumpy brushed on paintwork, poor or no real planning and a million and one bad digibashes. These customs are just as much a part of the hobby as the ones being sold. Variety is the spice of life. The more the merrier.

People of all ages and skill levels engage in this hobby for a million different reasons. I wouldn't be interested in trying to get the people creating lesser customs to stop what they're doing either. Nor would I want to stop people who make stuff to sell.

Just enjoy yourself and try not to worry if someone is or isn't selling their work.

That being said, this probably should have been posted in the original thread about the same custom.

11. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree. Who cares? Seriously, I could see if someone was saturating the forum with ebay links, but once in a while, is it really that big a deal? The only forum I read on here is this one, so I don't even look in the ebay section. Come on guys, it's not that big a deal. There aint enough hours in the day to worry about this kinda stuff.
    -D

12. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

DvDqNoC's first thread was complete, with pics, links, everything.

Creating a second thread ten minutes before an auction's end in the forum it's most likely to attract potential buyers with a catchy title was a cheap way to boost the sale of his product.

I really hope mods realize this before it becomes a trend.

13. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YEah, that I agree with you on, one link with the pic is fine, repeated mentioning the auction is a bit much

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Oops, I needed an 11 minute warning. Missed it.

15. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My mistake, I didn't even think to myself that his Barricade had a previous thread. However, I was more fixated on responding to Frenzy_Rumble's comments about the OPs motivations. But yes, repeat threads like this are not cool in this section.

16. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind it in an original thread, hell I do it..... what I have an issue with is the repost of the figure and auction, as well as not taking all the credit, and not giving the real credit to people that came up with the ideas they used to make that figure. (ie Jin's strobe light idea).

That bothers me more than anything.

17. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    On the 'items for sale' section of these boards...I posted a link to an unleashed figure I had on Ebay. It was about to sell for 1/2 the price I paid. After posting the link, i felt like a cheapscape.

What bothers me also, is the lack of interest this member has towards the board. He hasn't been on here since his auction ended. makes me sure why he was here to begin with.

18. timshinn73

Ebay:
    High interest level, high post count or frequent visits are not requirements last time I checked. Everyone posts when they want about what they want (within the rules, of course).

Maybe he hasn't been on here as much as you'd like because of the pointless mudslinging and non-stop spraying of venom from other members. Maybe he's working on new stuff. Who knows? Who really cares? He can come and go as he pleases just like the rest of us.

Why on earth would you let someone else's level of interest or lack there of about a message board bother you?

19. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    because I thought this area of the message board was to get advice, share advice, tips, talk about your work and shit like that. Not plugging a sale.

20. timshinn73

Ebay:
    I, of course, understand this point clearly.

Yet, we seem to keep posting comments in said sale-pugging thread, thus keeping it on the first page. LOL.