10 favourite and worst g1 eps

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mrgalvaprime, Nov 9, 2011.

1. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Post your 10 fave and 10 least fave eps of g1

please use this format:

Favourite episodes of g1:

Least favorite episodes of g1:

2. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Don't have much though I love G1 in general. Mines in no particular order:

Favs

1) Megatron's Masterplan 1
    2) Megatron's Masterplan 2
    3) Starscreams Brigade
    4) Revenge of Bruticus
    5) The Golden Lagoon
    6) The Return of Optimus Prime
    7) part 2
    8) More than meets the eye
    9) Part 2
    10) Part 3

Worst

1) Most of season 3. Just lackluster for the most part plus bad animation. I take Kreemzeek, The girl who love Powerglide and B.O.T over majority of season 3 anyday.

3. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    ----My faves (in episodic order)----
    -1. The Ultimate doom (1,2,3)
    -2. Countdown to extinction
    -3. Auto Beserk
    -4. Desertion of the Dinobots (1, 2)
    -5. The Search for alpha Trion
    -6. Starscreams Brigade/Revenge of Bruticus
    -7. The Killing jar
    -8. Webworld
    -9. The big broadcast of 2006/The quintesson Journal
    -10. Call of the primitives

--Runner-ups--
    1. Microbots
    2. The Golden Lagoon
    3. The god gambit
    4. Make Tracks
    5. Auto-bop
    6. The key to vector sigma (1,2)
    7. Cosmic Rust
    8. Forever is a long time coming
    9. The Ultimate weapon
    10. Money is everything
    11. The burden hardest to bear

----Worst----
    1.Fire on the mountain
    2. Heavy metal war
    3. Autobot spike
    4. The immobolizer
    5. The Autobot run
    6. Megatrons master plan (1,2)
    7. Child's play
    8. Hoist goes hollywood
    9. BOT
    10. Suprise party

4. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Ultimate weapon is one of the few I liked in season 3. Simple story to make Rodimus build confidence but also a good "animated" episode. I wish season 3 was more easier on the eyes with animation like that or "Call of the primitives" quality.

5. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    The Ultimate Doom (1, 2, 3)
    Chaos
    The Burden Hardest to Bear
    Dark Awakening
    Starscream's Ghost
    Ghost in the Machine
    Call of the Primitives
    Webworld
    War Dawn
    Starscream's Brigade
    Revenge of Bruticus
    The Return of Optimus Prime (1,2)
    Five Faces of Darkness (1,2,3,4,5)
    The Rebirth (1,2,3)

Worst:
    BOT
    Carnage in C-Minor
    Hoist goes Hollywood
    Child's Play
    Fire on the Mountain
    Other stuff I can't remember.

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, lists like these will often change depending on daily moods. But generally this is where I stand.

Favorites:

1. Starscream's Brigade. Any episode that introduces new characters (and in a proper introduction, not just showing up with no explanation), throws the spotlight on Starscream, and features real-world history (the opening scenes of the battle of Guadalcanal, animated in black-and-white, no less, cranked the series as a whole up a notch in my opinion) can have no competition for the top spot.

2. The Key to Vector Sigma, Part 2. The Stunticons were some of my favorite characters in G1. They get to do more in Part 2 than they do in Part 1, and there's some good Cybertronian lore explored. And I tend to like conclusion episodes more than setup episodes.

3. The Key to Vector Sigma, Part 1. Introducing the Stunticons and introducing Vector Sigma. And more Alpha Trion. And really this and Part 2 go hand-in-hand.

4. War Dawn. Origin stories are always compelling. Time travel stories are always compelling. And I like the characterizations given the Aerialbots.

5. Masquerade. Again, the Stunticons. And the Autobots pretending to be the Stunticons was good fun. And I liked how some of the Autobots' often-overlooked special abilities got some screentime, especially the woefully-underused Windcharger.

6. The Search For Alpha Trion. I love the episodes that take place on Cybertron. And the female Autobots were a great addition to the mythos.

7. Desertion of the Dinobots, Part 2. Our first real trip into Cybertron's past. Another episode that takes place on Cybertron. And darn it, I like episodes where Spike and Carly (especially Carly) DO something.

8. The Revenge of Bruticus. More Starscream. More Combaticons. More Stunticons. More Cybertron. More, please.

9. The Golden Lagoon. The fact that they worked in a pretty non-subtle message about the horrors of war on the environment sold it for me. And I like episodes where C-list characters like Beachcomber take center stage.

10. Trans-Europe Express. I mentioned that I love the Stunticons, right?

11. Kremzeek! I know. But I love it anyway. Silliness done right.

Honorable mentions: Starscream's Ghost, Ghost in the Machine, The Burden Hardest to Bear. On another day they might have ranked higher. Like I said, favorites can change depending on mood. Right now I'm in a Season Two mood, I guess.

Least Favorites:

1. Surprise Party. I actually hate the episode more for the fact that the Autobots blow up their records asteroid, thus destroying irreplaceable history, than the fact it stars Wheelie and Daniel. I always hated that about a lot of these shows. Whenever something ancient and one-of-a-kind turns up, it's usually dust by the end of the episode.

2. Megatron's Master Plan, Part 2. Probably controversial, as I think a lot of people like it. But the timeline ruins it for me. Realizing that the whole episode, plus Part 1, have to occur in a single day for everything to line up right completely destroys my suspension of disbelief. I know it's an allegory about the dangers of propaganda. And in a more well-thought-out progression of events, that would have saved it.

3. Autobot Spike. Yeah, whatever.

4. Triple Takeover. Astrotrain wants to command locomotives. Blitzwing takes a football coach for his second-in-command. Silliness done wrong.

5. Fight or Flee. This time they blow up an entire planet. One of the most beautiful and peaceful in the universe. Really? They couldn't have figured out another way out of that one? (Though admittedly, Ultra Magnus' non sequitur: "I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb" does make me smile. But I feel dirty inside because of it.)

6. City of Steel. I realize that a children's cartoon is going to play fast and loose with real-world physics. But I don't like it when I see something like the Constructicons cutting a hole underneath the Empire State Building and then lowering the building into it with New Yorkers standing around, doofus-like, going "Wtf?" Also the animation was horrible.

7. Carnage in C-Minor. Hey, I like sci-fi. I like the out-there concepts you don't see every day. A planet of opera singers. Y-yeah, sure... okay... but... no, never mind. Also the animation was horrible.

8. The Quintesson Journal. We're reaching the point where there aren't any more episodes I actively dislike. This one makes the list because--and I don't know how many times I've seen it--I can never remember a single thing about it.

9. Nightmare Planet. It's also hazy for me. Was it that the Quintessons were trying to attack the Transformers through Daniel's nightmares? It sounds like an interesting enough concept. Like I said, I'm merely ambivalent about these last few episodes.

10. The Core. Again, bad science. The Earth is not rock from surface to core. Children's cartoon or not, there's no reason to present factual inaccuracies about the real world. Also the animation was horrible.

7. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No carnage in C minor?? I take it you haven't seen it or are a really, really, really, big fan of soundwave. That ep should be on everyone's worst list :lol 

8. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    No i actually liked that episode

9. Ultra Lagmus

Ultra Lagmus Well-Known Member

Favorite
    1 Webworld
    2 Dark Awakening
    3 Dweller in the Depths
    4 Call of the Primitives
    5 Ghost in the Machine
    6 Forever is a Long Time Coming
    7 Masquerade
    8 The Return of Optimus Prime 1/2
    9 Heavy Metal War
    10 The Gambler

Yeah, I feel Season 3 has higher quality stories than the earlier seasons overall even in spite of its stinkers. If Season 2 was half its size and still had its stinkers, would it be seen as good as it is? And parts of "Five Faces of Darkness" are really good. If they were all bundled into like 2 episodes and the animation errors were lower, those 2 eps of the 5 would have made the list.

Least Favorite
    10 Surprise Party
    9 Nightmare Planet
    8 The Core
    7 Atlantis, Arise
    6 Carnage in C-Minor
    5 Trans-Europe Express
    4 B.O.T.
    3 Hoist Goes Hollywood
    2 A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court
    1 The Girl Who Loved Powerglide

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Post your 10 fave and 10 least fave eps of g1

please use this format:

Favourite episodes of g1:
    1 Burden hardest to bare
    2 Dark Awakening
    3 Masquerade
    4 Triple Takeover
    5 S.O.S. Dinobots
    6 War of the Dinobots
    7 Cosmic Rust
    8 Webworld
    9 Only Human
    10 Kremzeek

Least favorite episodes of g1:
    1 B.O.T.
    2 Sea Change
    3 The Girl Who Loved Powerglide
    4 Money is Everything
    5 The face of Nijika
    6 Chaos
    7 The Quintesson Journal
    8 Trans-Europe Express
    9 Fire in the Sky
    10 Fire on the Mountain

Yes, I actually like Carnage in C-Minor more than any of those "least favorite" episodes.

11. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i'll say it - i LOVE Carnage in C-Minor. In fact, i'm gonna go watch it right now. Eat it bitches! :) 

hehe

On a side note... i guess the Transformers collectively decided "you know what... we really do suck at landing spacecraft. let's just fly through space by ourselves."

12. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

fav
    rebirth
    grimlock 's new brain
    more meet the eye mini saga
    dino island pt 1 and pt 2
    raider in king arthur crout

worst
    star scream 's ghost
    webworld

13. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    I dont think its terrible. Its not in my fave list but its still far off being in my hate list
    :lolol