10,000 B.c.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by IACON, Mar 8, 2008.

1. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

went to see it last night at an opening night. I got disappointed!

First of all, the story was kinda o.k I guess. Without giving away too much details or spoilers, the story is pretty simple. A young hunter goes to save his loved one that got kidnapped. On the way there he becomes a well-known hero.
    This kind of a story had been seen on the movie screen in god-knows how many times and in numerous versions. But that is O.K cause every time it has to do with different characters and different situations.

The visual effects were horrible. It was very cleared that they rushed the visual effects in order to get the movie out. Green screen lines, flat matte backdrops, un-even film grain levels and a saber-tooth animation that looked very amature.

So in IACON's ratings: 5.2/10

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    ^Exactly what I figured.

My dad wants to go see this tonight, but judging from what I already pointed out from the film's trailers (basically everything you've just complained about) and what you've just described (which is exactly what other reviews of this film have also complained of), I'd rather avoid this film like the plague.....

...and save my money for IRON MAN.

3. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

Wait for the dvd!
    It wasn't bad, even though it was a generic love story. Visually, it wasn't bad till the scene at night, and the whole screen was grainy as hell.
    I was hoping that maybe the theater got a crappy version.
    I went in not really expecting much, so it wasn't bad.
    It was fun to watch, but not really anything new or exciting.

4. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I saw that the NY Times review referred to them as "Suffleupagus hunters". I lol'd.

5. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

First, remember the season. Any film opening wide in January-March that was NOT a best picture nominee is a crap shoot at best. When it is made by Roland Emmerich, the dice are pretty well loaded.

I'm convinced that there is a good movie to tell of the pre-historic human, and I don't just mean Raquel Welch in a fur bikini kind of good. However, I have no idea when we will ever see it.

6. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    It's disappointing. Seeing Di'leh or whatever his name recruiting more and more warriors and heading towards the pyramid, I was expecting a long, epic battle. And it turns out that it's not really epic, and they kinda win easily...

7. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

Did you expect anything great? It's a March movie. Also this movie has been done before, wasn't it called Gladiators (or insert your movie of choice here).

8. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

The trailers for it just didn't interest me

9. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't think the effects looked bad. The sabertooth tiger was the only one that didn't look real but it was still pretty good. The mamoths all looked real to me.

10. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Glad I saw College road trip instead. Donnie Osmond was hilarious.

11. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

The trailers made this look like a mix of Apocolypto and Pathfinder, leaning more towards the latter. So I didn't have a major desire to see it soon, and after all the horrible things I've read about it, I know I won't see it until Blu-Ray.