1 size fits all.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CrackerBoy, Apr 15, 2006.

1. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy Señor Member TFW2005 Supporter

I picked up Cyb. Ramjet and Thrust vs. packs today at my local Canadian TRU ( Couldn't find Sunstorm ) and i put them into the sword mode. I don't own an Armada figure so i was actually surprised that all the Cybertron figures have the same hand hole sizes... that's kinda cool..

I can't wait to get sunstorm, the colors go great with supreme starscream.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well basically every transformer since the first line, had the same hole/peg methiod for holding all guns and weapons, only a few exceptions, have ever not had it that way. which basically makes it very easy for transformers of about the same sizes to hold the same weapons, the only exception i know of is G2 optimus prime, or at least my verison, so far i have not been able to find a single transformer to hold it, other then him, not even g2's own components, it is quite odd, it is like it is just a bit bigger then g1's hand gun size or something. *the peg that is*

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

They went to the standard sized weapons pegs, when they started making new molds in G1. The Diaclone molds all use different size weapon pegs.

4. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy Señor Member TFW2005 Supporter

well being a G1 fan only resently (past 2 years) getting into alts and cybertron i didnt' know that 1 size does fit all.

Today wasn't wasted, i learned something new.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

sometimes they used basically even the same weapons, just in a different way, didn't they? like Jazz and Bluestreaks weapon is basically the same, the hands are almost the same too. i'd imagine that hound is the same too. but then again, i think guns should be able to be held by all, right? now if i can only find away to make megatron be held by starscream :lol  his peg is way to big...

6. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Perhaps MP Starscream will be able to hold MP Primes Megatron? I can only hope.

I discovered the peg thing one day when I was messing around and found that pretender Starscream's shell could hold an energon saber.

7. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

I think there were three sizes for the first few yers of G1. Small, large and this really rare middle size. Beast wars uses largely the same size. A few exceptions I think.

8. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

Yeah in Beast Wars all the basics had the same hand size and then Deluxes upwards had the same peg hole. I think a few were original though not including Megatron and Scorpinok who of course had no hand etc...

9. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Armada had all the same sizes and I know it's been determined that just about every Prime that has a hand peg hole has the same size hand peg hole.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Even the pegs on the back of the Build Kings are holding strong.

11. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Alot of the screw holes also will accomodate weapon posts. Since G1.