1 good thing about the new designs.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by .WAL., Sep 28, 2006.

1. .WAL.

.WAL. Banned

Regardless of whether or not you like this new stuff or dislike it... or if you call them Transformers or Bayformers, you have to admit 1 thing: we are shown that transformations don't have to be so limited.

Wherever you stand in this absurd dispute, you have to admit that these things are pretty detailed, and components that have previously stayed together in previous incarnations can now be dis-assembeled further.

In other words, there is more freedom in designing cool looking Transformers (or any other transforming robot). You have to admire that folks. So even if you dislike these particular ones, your imagination can now be more free to devise your own... and maybe down the road some designs will be introduced that continue this philosophy.

WAL

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I don't think that we'd have the toys we do, if it weren't for powerful CAD and design computers helping toy designers. There are also more available materials to work with, and these two factors combined allow us to have some of the toys we do today.

Honestly, I cannot wait to see how the toys transform and go together. From what I understand, they'll be more realistic and detailed then some of the Alternator toys with detailed interiors, opening doors, and other details.

3. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

I'll wait till I see the toys to pass judgement on this one. If they can pull it off, then great!!

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I think he meant the onscreen version, guys. The toys will probably be like with Beast Wars' characters: CGI characters more complicated, while the figures are simplified designs.

5. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I clearly remember Aaron Archer saying that TFs were designed the good old fashion way -- on paper.

6. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    The fact is, none of us have seen any of the movie transformers "transform" yet. Maybe at botcon. I don't think we will be disappointed. I'm sure there will be some that won't want to accept it but overall I think it will have a good reception.

7. TinManA.H.

TinManA.H. Artificial Hero

I believe you're right, Hook. I have asked Aaron about that in the past, in the hopes of getting into to 3D modeling for them, but they don't do much of the 3D stuff. Old fashioned on paper!