1/60 Yamato Macross figures...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Frognal, May 13, 2006.

1. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

How big are they? Comparable to a TF basic, deluxe, or mega?

2. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I'd say they're a mega, definitly bigger than a deluxe. I've got a bunch, they're alright. Although, I've found the Yamato 1/48 line to be the tip of the top, they are far superior to ANY other Macross line on the market. If you want my opinion, save your money and buy a 1/48 scale valk.

3. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I second that just buy a 1/18 valk even though a 1/60 seems to have more diecast...

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea but those toyami 1/100th scale ones look pretty sweet too. though toyami has had some pretty bad results in the past so i am unsure about those. the 1/48th scale though look much better to me then the 1/60's though the price tags are a bit high. i am debating though whether or not to get the stealth with super/strike armor, *if it has the strike armor that is* not sure yet.

5. CdnShockwave

Well, over at MW I've seen pix of the super stealth in box and it has both the strike and super parts. It looks pretty sweet. I say go for it. Chances are this will be the cheapest valk that comes with strike/super parts for a long while. I've got 7 1/48s as it is, planning on picking up two more, so I highly recommend them. Just can't get enough of these babies!

6. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

The Stealth comes both free of armor and with strike/super parts. So be careful and make sure you get the one you want.

I have about twelve 1/60ths and then pushed myself to wait to buy a 1/48. I wish I hadn't waited. Four years after they came out, I finally picked up a 1/48 VF-1J. Holy crap is it sweet. Words simply can't describe how nice it is. Looks good in every mode, and no parts swaps at all for transformation. None of the hands look perfect to me, but that's easy enough to rectify if you've got the inkling to. Everything else about them screams awesome though.

Now that I've bought one, I find myself scrimping and saving trying to find a way to get more of them.

7. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

But should I jump on the chance to grab a 1/60 Yamato figure that's on sale for $40?

8. CdnShockwave

Well, that's an ok price for one, but personally imo I think that $40 would be better invested in a 1/48. Not trying to make the decision for you, but I've been down the same road and the 1/48 line has just completely taken over my interest from the 1/60 line.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What are all the colors that the super strike parts come in? I see a blue sets and a greenish sets on ebay...

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, can't help with the colours of the strike parts but I too strongly recommend the 1/48 over the 1/60. whatever money a macross fan has, should be put into a 1/48 Valk!

11. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I'd say that's a difference in picture quality. As far as I know, there's just one standard color set that's a sort of bluish/greenish grey color overall. Unless someone is selling super/strike parts from a Max/Millia, then you'd have straight up blue, or straight up red.

There may also be a camo version out of strike/super parts. I know there is of the big body armor set. Can't remember if there was a separate strike/super set in camo or not off the top of my head.

12. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Hot on the heels of Yamato's 1/60 VF-0S comes the VF-0A! Expect an August release with possible Shin Kudo and Cannon Fodder variants.

Thanks to Graham at Macrossworld for the scans.
    [​IMG]

13. CdnShockwave

I saw that over at MW world (was going to post it but it looks like you beat me to it :p ). I think a grey version would look pretty cool. I really hope they follow it up though with a VF-0D. That delta wing is pure love!

I passed on the VF-0S since it's a Roy, and I already have THREE VF-1S Roys. The VF-0A as a grey cannonfodder/lowviz kinda paint would look really good though. Now I just have to get more money!

**edit: just for those who aren't really in the Macross loop. The VF-1 1/60s are the poor ones. The VF-0 figures are supposed to be really good.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's the same reason why I passed up on the VF-0s...the VF-1S is enough for me too.