1/55 scale fastpacks?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Zero Prime, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Does anyone know where you can buy fastpacks and armor for 1/55 scale Bandai Valks. I can't seem to find them anywhere. Is the Bandai line gone for good?

2. Colorflash

Colorflash European Variant

I'm afraid you've got bad luck.

Except for the Takatoku GBP-1 Armor, there never has been a separate release of Armor for Takatoku/Bandai Valkyries.

Bandai stopped their reissue line quite a bit of time ago. Poor sales *in Japan* seem to have been one of the reasons...

You could try scouring Ebay in search of a cheap set of Jetfire Armor...

3. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, unfortunately the fastpacks were never reissued seperately.

If you want to get an official set of Bandai fastpacks, the best way to go is probably to order the VF-1S Super which comes with fastpacks, but you're going to be shelling out about $100 for it (although, if you ask me it's totally worth it, I got one for myself and Chaos Muffin).

If you don't want to shell out big bucks, you could post in the MW wanted forums. Another possibility is looking for re-cast fastpacks. The guys at MW are pretty good at that kind of stuff. I got a set of re-cast hands for my 1/48 valks and I love 'em to death.

Good hunting, valks just look so much better with a set of fastpacks.

4. Zero Prime

Thanks for the help. Wow, we are on the subject of Valks, which do ya'll think are better. The Masterpiecs, or the Bandai. I don't like the Yamatos my self so I'm not even looking at those, to skinny for my taste.

5. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think the ONLY way to go is with the Yamato 1/48's. I like the 1/55's for nostalgia but the Toynomi's are just junk to me. I have 2 of the Toynomi Masterpiece figures(VF-J and VF-s) and they pale in comparrison to any Valk put out by Yamato.

6. Zero Prime

My only options are the 1/60 and the 1/55s due to my budget. If I could afford the 1/48s I would like them, but alas, much to expensive. So its Bandai for me, I can't stand the Yamato 1/60s.