Customs: 1/43 scale robots?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hello there. As much as I like Transformers, I also love collecting 1/43 scale cars. The size is just perfect for collecting as they take very little room and range from simple toys to extremely detailed museum quality models.
    I've seen somebody in this board take Hot-Wheels and turn them into robots, but has anybody taken any 1/43 scale die-cast or resin model cars and turned them to either robots or transforming robots?
    Reason I'm asking is cause I've come across a few models that represent many Autobots and it would be cool to have smaller versions of them. Just with more precision detailing. Almost like a mini masterpiece that doesn't necessarily have to transform if you catch my drift.

Example, I've come across a beautiful model from Ebbro of the Nissan 280ZT T-top that has the same gorgeous blue/silver hood paint scheme as original Diaclone Bluestreak and of coarse a red Lamborghini Countach for Sideswipe.

What's your thoughts on this? Making it just a detailed robot shouldn't be too much trouble? But not sure I can make one transform.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions, tips? Pictures of said-done projects? I've already seen the Hot-Wheels ones, just wondering about any 1/43 scale stuff.

2. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

How big is 1/43 scale, about the size of a scout or legend?

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I hazard a guess at about Scout size, in which case it would be very possible. :) 

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

1/43 is slightly bigger than Hot-Wheels which is approximately 1/64. As far as comparing sizes with Transformers, I honestly don't know as I don't know much about these different class sizes.

5. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    I have done my measurements and 1/60 is what the diaclone robots like diabattles and gatz blocker are compared to their pilots, 1/43 (or was it 1/32? i will confirm this later today as i am at work) is the scale the g1 autobot cars are. 1/24 is for binaltech so you may have an idea. I have done this research because i have always wanted to build a city diorama in scale for my g1 collection.

6. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    1/43 is a scout class car.

7. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

1/43 is definatly scout class.
    Also the DOTM Ratchet and HFTD Ironhide ( both deluxe) scale 1/43 as well.
    I am checking out possibilities to reshell some scouts into bumblebee, jazz, twins etc.
    Also am I checking possibilities to scale down deluxes by scanning and 3d printing them.