Customs: 1:25 Escalade Alt Re-shell Question

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by cefuroxx, Sep 6, 2008.

1. cefuroxx

cefuroxx Well-Known Member

I ran across a model for $3 at a flea market yesterday and I couldn't pass it up, I have never tried to re-shell an alt before and I was wondering if someone could recommend which figure to use as a base, I don't think the smokescreen mold will be large enough to accomodate this, any help is appreciated. Here is the exact kit I found just for a visual ref:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLCM3&P=7

Attached Files:

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The Optimus Prime mold would be interesting. Not sure if it would be the right size for it though (I don't actually own any Alternators/Binaltechs). That would make for an interesting Alternator Trailbreaker, imo. Good luck with this.

3. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The best way to tell if the Alternator is big enough for that kit is to compare the wheel base of the kit to the Alt. If they line up, it'll work. There's a chance you can use one of the cheaper Alts in the line, which is never a bad thing.

I have that same kit. Got it for $5 at Big Lots. Might use it for a Trailbreaker or Soundwave myself.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I know Lobo got the Jeep Wrangler mold to work with an F-150 for his Grapple. I'd say you could probably use a Subaru Impreza mold to work as well.

5. bumblebee15

bumblebee15 Autobot

yeah i just picked up this kit as well and i believe that the Alt Prime is the best option on this one- this is a big frame and I think that using any other alt- well maybe using Rollbar/Hound frame .......

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    This.

Of course, if its close, you can still make it work, but finding one that is dead on saves a heap of work. My Alt Hammerlock is actually two alts put together as one (Alt Shocky and Alt Smokescreen)

Like others have said, you can make it work, just take your time with it :thumb