Heavy/Scratch: 1:18th Scale Movie Cliffjumper

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Jedi_Master_Ben, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Jedi_Master_Ben

Jedi_Master_Ben Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Today I want to showcase one of my latest 1:18th scale transformer projects, Cliffjumper. Thanks to Hasbro creating the repaint of Bumblebee Concept Camaro, It was just a matter of casting a second BB in red. He is still in WIP stage. I still need to add the arm/roof guards, tires and some other parts, but for the most part, he is mostly built. Just like I did with my BB, I cast a new gun and head sculpt based on the ROTF preview BB. Also, I duplicated the swapable feature with the right hand and arm gun. Some things I was thinking of doing was to mode the front to look more like the newer ROTF design grill and add a spoiler section on the legs.

Since the last time I was working on my BB, I could not figure out why it would not transform correctly and ruled that it must have been due to the some parts not properly grown correctly or disformed. With Cliffjumper, I am working out the problems and found so far that some of the parts just needed to be heated and repossitioned while others had to be moddified to make it work. I did remold and cast new leg gears so that the legs will collapes properly now.

Like I said, he is just a work in progress so far. I have more sanding to do and tweaking the transformation process and get the other parts on, but for now, enjoy the sneak peak.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Wow, this looks better than your first one.

Can you add a pic beside the regular sized BB for comparison?

3. cowclone

cowclone I am lost..were am I?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wish I knee how you did that but smart to use transformers 2 bb!

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very cool.

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Pure win, my man. I'm hoping we can get some size comparison pics later, bro? :thunb

6. Jedi_Master_Ben

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the comments so far. As requested, here is a pic showing the differnence between the deluxe figure next to the Hydrospan Cliffjumper.

[​IMG]

Just to note, I did some more work on him last night. I put in the leg windows and started the modification to the grill to make it more like the ROTF BB. The idea here is that my BB will keep the first design while Cliffjumper will be more tricked out to help keep them a bit seperate than a complete clone of each other.

Attached Files:

7. Jedi_Master_Ben

Hi Everyone,

I have an update for you all today. I finished up as much as I can with my Prowl project so I can now start working on Cliffjumper full time. I decided that Cliffjumper was going to modeled after the newer design of Bumblebee from the ROTF movie, but I did not want to have to make new molds of the chest pieces. It was better for me to just make the mods on the existing parts from the first molds of my BB project. Using styrene and fixit sculpt compound, I recreated the front fender pieces to match the design of the deluxe toy. In addition to the fender, I also wanted to add a spoiler to the back, thinking that Cliffjumper would fancy himself fast and dangerous like those Fast and the Fearious cars. I also painted his head, following the paint detial that was on the card art from the deluxe toy. I still need to paint the eyes. Thats it for now, enjoy the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. IF_IR_IE_IE_ID

IF_IR_IE_IE_ID USAF Seeker

Ebay:
    Cool, Im doing the same, though only with Human Alliance BB, and X23's help.

9. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

man thats awesome.. but u should be doing this w/ THE FALLEN!!!!! hes too small!