08 Bumblebee Broken Automorph?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdling, May 11, 2008.

1. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Somethings wrong with the front part of my 08 BB. I cant put him in car mode for some reason. All the parts that are supposed to come up and down dont align properly and the front side is too far front. Woe is me, what do i do?

Edit; Fixed it. Thanks for your help guys. You have to keep adjusting it up and down until it clips as one piece. It's frustrating, but possible. I had to pop off all the limbs, including the head, that are on ball joints to get a better view.

2. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Check the gears and the parts that form the automoprh. Maybe the wheels aren't in place.

3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have a co-worker who brought in her nephew's 08 Bee with a similar problem. Somehow it had skipped 3 or 4 teeth on the internal gears where it's not designed to be able to slip around. I had to do some major disassembly to get it to work again.

4. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    This is such BS. It skips gears completely randomly. I took apart everything except for the problem areas. I cant find my screwdriver right now so I cant disassemble it completely. Oi.

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the main reason i don't like the automorph gimmick. it'skinda cool the first few times but if it breaks it's difficult to fix without taking it apart.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The AutoBreak gimmick strikes again.

Personally I think the gimmicks should be kept out of the transformation. I hate Blackout because of his chest gearing problems, even though the rest of him is pretty cool. He's ruined because of the gimmick.
    Heck, I buy a Transformer because I want to transform it myself, not leave it to some crappy set of gears which go wonky usually right out of the box.

Glad you got your figure fixed in the end though. :) 

7. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    Yessss, I'm personally not fond of Blackout & BB09's chest automorph due to their fragility.

Broke mine in a simialr fashion (think I posted in BB's feedback somewhere...) and almost had a heart attack, scrambling for my tools to disassemble and fix it.

Meh :banghead: