★pp01 simplified version

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by deathsheadII, Oct 20, 2011.

1. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    looks like they have fixed a few problems that the first release's of this had

★PP01 Simplified Version(Preorder&Free Shipping!)

probably old news but could not see it posted already

2. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We got the 2nd PP01 like one year ago, just a reissue maybe?

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I think it was fabexmax who told us about this a few months back in one of the iGear threads.

I might get this to go with my Classics but I'm not sure now. Its a great price but MP-10 is just calling my name.

4. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want this... badly... but, with all of the talk of Hasbro finally starting to crack down, and IGear being full of direct KOs, I have no faith in them even existing for a given amount of time next year, let alone doing preorders where I'm giving them my money first.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Wow.... it says that its going to be released 4/20/2012.... that's 6 months away!

6. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Exactly.

7. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    I like my original Faith Leader pretty well, am unlikely to buy it again regardless of whatever improvements there are. Annoyed by it just because it'll probably drive the price of the original down if I ever decide to dump it, but that's life. Sometimes the bear gets you.

Regardless, iGears got a bunch of releases supposedly coming out over the next six months. To my knowledge they've never delivered one on time. Each late one I'm sure pushes all the others back. Their release dates may as well be made of moonbeams and fairy dust. If it's out before Fall 2012 I'll be mildly surprised.

And then there's the rumor of impending legal doom for iGear. I'm certainly not confident enough to preorder from them given the possibility of my money disappearing into a vortex of lawyers fees. I used to really dig the idea of 3rd parties running their own stores, but in this case I think I'd rather preorder from someone locally who'd be a lot more likely to give me my money back if iGear suddenly packed up their tent and fled in the night.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I'm not sure why, but I just pictured Michael & Dwight packing up the said tent.

Guess on time delivery really wasn't the soil after all.

9. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Call me crazy, but what is the draw for something like this with a Hasbro release of MP-10 imminent?

10. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Size fits better with MP Grimlock and MP Seekers.

And some, like myself, also prefer the aesthetics of the MP-01 design. I think it looks more cartoon accurate, personally - I don't care for the "comic book style" of MP-10.

And at $75 with shipping? Damn good deal. Who knows what the Hasbro one will cost? It'll at least be par, I should think, give or take $5 or so.

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    If you pre order when the 1st proto show ups or just before they ship and pay by a Credit card via paypal you'd probably be OK even if they did shut down.

I think they'd just change names and pop up some place else though.

Good Price though.

I'd be grateful if any faith leader owners can detail what the problems were they mention and if any of them apply to the colours released later on.

I.e. when the made the purple, black, clear and white ones etc..what was the quality like on them compared to PP01 (red).

Is this the first toy with the changed parts and what was the problem with the old mould - and how did those problems compare to the original Hasbro toy.

I'm asking s i've been pondering buying a 3rd party Ultra Magnus and i'm not sure if I should get the existing Igear one of the forthcoming CHMS one. (I'm buying it for the cab as a white Optimus really as I don't really like his supermode as much anyway).

Anyone wants to sell there PP-01's Off I might be looking for some when I have some spare cash after next week.

12. kavemon3

kavemon3 Well-Known Member

Weren't these bozo's suppose to do an Ultra Magnus trailer for their PP series?

13. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I think they are waiting for HasTak to make it.

14. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To be fair, when do any third party companies meet their stated release dates? FansProject doesn't, TFC doesn't. Why single out iGear? That said, they did say they would re-release this guy and sure enough, looks like they'll make do with their promise.

I have the 2nd edition of Faith Leader and really do love how he fits into my collection of MPs/Classics/third parties. He's definitely more on the display piece side than something you can pick up and fiddle with all the time, however. He's fragile; on par with the MP Seekers level of fragile, but treat him carefully and he should be fine.

The hinged pieces on his back don't snap together particularly tightly, and his wrist pieces pop off easily (to be fair, they were probably designed this way to make sliding the fists in and out easier, along with plugging in and taking off the energon axe). Other than this and some sloppy paint here and there (a little silver paint fixed this easily enough), he's a nice addition to my collection. I also have the cartoon accurate head coming my way; really looking forward to that.

At the price they're offering him (with free shipping) AND the cartoon accurate head, I'd say this is a nice opportunity to pick him up if you find MP-10 too big or just not right aesthetics-wise to fit into your Classics collection.

15. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't recall anything officially said about that... maybe just rumours/speculation?

It'd be nice though, if they did... They've got quite a few things up their sleeve currently, though - more minibots, BB/Cliffjumper (not sure if they plan on doing those as small as the other minibots), Horror Monarch. Hopefully UM is in there somewhere...

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    $75 WOW the price is right.

17. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Ugh... Masterpiece overload...

Well, I guess it's good I never did get my hands on either of the first two releases if they are going to spit out a "Fixed super improved!" version for a lower price. I can get on board with that.

18. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    AND its free shipping.