£100 for Balancing Construction Vehicles!?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by knook, Feb 15, 2009.

1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right I'm sorry for this thread but I need to vent on the subject. I was excited about seeing Devastator and when I finally do his transformation is ridiculously simple, worse than that; The vehicles don't even transform. I don't care if it's 2 feet tall but that thing is not worth £100! I mean, I'm sure there are loads of fans planning to buy this but I feel we've been really screwed over by Hasbro

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I would happily fork over $200 for a version with lims that transformed. Hear that, HasBlow, HEAR THAT?!?!?!

:( 

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats great but millions of parents wouldnt. Did you guys really think thst hasbro was gonna make a 2 foot tall toy that breaks apart in to 6 pieces that are also made up of a bunch smaller pieces? I can just picture the news reports of some 5 year old kid crushed to death when his devastator collapsed on him.

When hasbro makes larger toys they have to be stable and blocky so kids with small hands can work with them. Not uberdetailed with hundreds of moving parts

4. Mechafire

News Credits:
    They did it years ago with combiners with a lot of combiner kibble, so 25 years later, why not? And a child cannot die by having a toy collapse on him, unless the toy was 100 pounds.

5. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree but the problem is that the toy IS £100

6. Mechafire

News Credits:
    I meant weight. Not the currency.

7. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    Please name this giant combiner that you are refering to? Every G1 Devastator I have ever seen falls apart if you ever tried to do anytihng with it other then sit in on a shelf. The Combined form was statue with moving arms.

Of course I was being sarcastic about the kid being killed but my point is sacrifices are made for large toys so kids can actually you know PLAY with them. Thats why last years millenium falcoln had some stupid escape pod built in. They new kids couldnt lift the whole ship

8. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    :lol 

9. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    I understand the price is expensive but its the damn msrp. You will only pay that if you have to have it the first day it comes out. Dev is slated for august. Every big ticket toys takes big price reductions and sale prices during the holiday season. Just be patient if you dont feal there is value in the full msrp. The falcon later sold for 33% off and Ult BB sold for 75% off its just a matter of time

10. godbomber

godbomber Henkei != Hentai

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I thought it was $100 US dollars, not UK pounds.

Also, its 2 voyager class and 4 deluxe class figures, which sold separately should be $80 (at current prices).

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It's going to be £100 over here. Even more of a horrific ripoff.
    Personally I have no intention of even stopping to look at it on the shelves. I only buy Transformers that actually TRANSFORM.

12. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was....nevermind

13. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's 1 Leader, 1 Voyager and 4 Deluxes

That would cost £100

14. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he's talking about the separate figures, we already know that the Devastator set is non-transforming

15. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

They've done it before, why not again? BW combiners, AEC combiners? If anything, have 6/7 components instead of 3/5 means it's even easier to engineer a combiner that has articulation in the combined form! Considering the size of each part, it's unbelievable and appalling they don't have robot modes. Hundreds of moving parts per toy would be an enormous exaggeration.

To rub salt on the wounds the individual toys with robot modes are pretty weak molds except for Rampage as far as we've seen. Why does a figure like Scavenger/Demolisher/Cmdr Doomwheels NOT have fingers at least? The shovel splits and that's it?

No, a Fort Max falling on a kid doesn't kill him, only someone clubbing him with it does.

16. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my issue is also with the price OK its f**kin big but look at the price of each member on their own its just over £15 each for vehicles that don't really transform. Just look at the cement mixer you just unfold the face and park it on the top... that's it your done. The profit margin on this thing must be insane.

Also for a toy that only has to form the combined mode it does not even really look like the concept art the arms are all wrong they join at the elbow when on the concept art its clear they combine at the shoulder and the feet need a good looking at plus its missing a member.

maybe the stand alone bots combine I dunno I want to think they do

17. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

18. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    The two types of combiners you mentioned only consisted of 3 unique molds each and were signifigantly smaller then what were getting in Movie Devs. Its not that I dont think Hasbro can design a giant combining articualted Devs. I just that large scale toys have have always been simplified and brick like so kids can play with them easier.

When I talk parts I'm not talking moving parts I'm talking mold pieces. 6 bots worth of unique parts all packaged in the same box would be even more expensive then what your getting and out of a parents price range.

19. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

That's the part that I don't understand. What do you mean they HAVE to be literally bricks? If parents wanted to get their kids plain vehicles they'd buy something for 10 bucks from Mattel or whatever.

Yea the BW combiners were unique molds, and what is so hard about reproducing that? As I've said having more members in the team only makes it easier to end up with a good combined mode. How is the engineering somehow lost just because Devastator is bigger?

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It isn't. If I wanted to buy megazords, I'd collect Power Rangers.