Cybertron Minicon Vs. Packs Wave 4

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Grimlock_13, May 23, 2006.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Found all three sets last night and couldn't resist.

Even in Armada I liked the Space team molds, they had 'decent' articulation for the most part, interesting transformations and unique vehicle modes. The Decepticon versions in Cybertron are great. I thought Backblasts' brown color would look terrible with the others but it's actually not all that bad. Backblast is my favorite of the three...in face if it had a silver paint job with black highlights I daresay it would look like a miniature megatrin, with the helmet head, barrel chest and blaster arm. My only complaint overall with this team is Scrapiron (The Astroscope mold). Both it and Astroscope are terribly flimsy and hard to stand on it's own with the giant arm (in fact the only way is WILL stand is to lean it onto that giant arm makinf him look like a Decepticon Tiny Tim). I really wish an extra joint would have been added at the shoulder when the mold was designed to allow front to back arm movement, but once again no cool poses could be made even with that extra joint because of the weight of the arm.

The Energon Street Action Team, IMO is some of the weakest mInicons to date. Although much better than their Armada counterparts, they just fall short...and the original's colors aren't quite as bad as the Cybertron colors. This is mainly a fault of design with the original, but in an attempt to make Highwire articulated, the engineers made a skinny, spindly toy that couldn't stand on its own even is Jesus himself commanded it to. The Evil Knevil color scheme, while entertaining, is ridiculous and Perceptor looks like a god-awful avant-garde french painting.

I love Minicons...they're cheap, fun and collectable, so I don't regret buying them but in all honesty I mianly bought them for the Deep Space Team. Plus the Bios are actually a really interesting read, as they have been on all the Cybertron Vs. Packs. I admit I've been pretty impressed with the Bios since they appear to have been written by a coherent creative person...not the monkeys with downs sryndrome that are usually hired to write them.

Long story short: If you like Minicons, especially the Space Team Molds...this is a must buy.

2. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Out of all the minicon versus packs, these two team repaints are my favourites. I haven't got them yet, but I love the space team colours (Scrap Iron, the satellite, looks especially good in that white and purple). The stunt team, or whatever they're called, also looks good, though I'm not a big fan of the molds to begin with. I do like the colours, and since I'll be getting all three packs, it's nice to have good-looking minicons all around.

3. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Deep Space team's paint job is great, nice and sharp, works well. The only criticism I could make is it would have been nice to have Backblast in an off white to make a uniform coloured Umbral Blaster.

The Street Action Team is 2 good repaints car crashed together. I'd pay money for a teal and white Perceotir or a Red and Blue one. Both sets of colours on the same toy doesn't workand Sureshock comes off worst of the 3.

Buy for the Deep Space Team, be prepared to be repainting some bits of the Street Speed Team.

4. Leonhart621

Leonhart621 Need more money

Does anyone have pics for Perceptor? Having trouble connecting Sureshock and High Wire

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    sure, here you go:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

hope those help you out.

6. Leonhart621

Leonhart621 Need more money

Thanks. I was figuring out how to connect High Wire and Sureshock. Didn't know I have to connect Grindor and Sureshock, then connect High Wire to Grindor.

7. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    bad molds, horrid color scheme, nuff said

8. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    gonna paint over the teal. Umbral Blaster, however, is awesome.. And i agree with the silver PJ Backblast would look more like g1 megs, but in these colors, it's TM1 BW Megs all the way! I LOVE IT! :) 

9. BuzzingNeon

BuzzingNeon Logic Expert/Tailgunner

"Not the monkeys with downs sryndrome that are usually hired to write them?" Wow, that's really ableist to just up and make a joke like that.

10. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? You necroed an 8 year old thread to call a person out for his offensive language? I mean I agree that it was in incredibly poor taste, but sometimes you just have to let it go... *cue music*