New Construct-Bots images at Hasbro site

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by griffin-of-oz, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Beast Hunters sets...
    Triple Team Unicron Megatron with Barrage & Ratbat
    Transformers Construct-Bots Triple Team Class Unicron Megatron Buildable Action Figure | Vehicles for ages 7 YEARS & UP | Hasbro

Triple Team Bulkhead with Airazor and Wolfang
    Transformers Construct-Bots Triple Team Class Bulkhead Buildable Action Figure | Vehicles for ages 7 YEARS & UP | Hasbro

Scout Starscream
    Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Starscream Buildable Action Figure | Vehicles for ages 6 YEARS & UP | Hasbro

Elite Shockwave (seen at the Target website already)
    Transformers Construct-Bots Elite Class Shockwave Buildable Action Figure | Vehicles for ages 6 YEARS & UP | Hasbro

Elite Skystalker (seen at the Target website already)
    Transformers Construct-Bots Elite Class Skystalker Buildable Action Figure | Vehicles for ages 6 YEARS & UP | Hasbro

Scout Ripclaw (images are wrong at the moment, but should be fixed later)
    Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Ripclaw Buildable Action Figure | Vehicles for ages 6 YEARS & UP | Hasbro

Scout Bumblebee (images are wrong at the moment, but should be fixed up later)
    Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Bumblebee Buildable Action Figure | Vehicles for ages 6 YEARS & UP | Hasbro

Plus, looks like some early sets are being re-released with extra weapons, called "Arsenal Packs"...

Elite Soundwave
    Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Arsenal Packs Soundwave Buildable Action Figure | Vehicles for ages AGES 6+ | Hasbro

Elite Wheeljack
    Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Arsenal Packs Wheeljack Buildable Action Figure | Vehicles for ages AGES 6+ | Hasbro

Scout Bumblebee
    Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Arsenal Packs Bumblebee Buildable Action Figure | Vehicles for ages AGES 6+ | Hasbro

Scout Starscream
    Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Arsenal Packs Starscream Buildable Action Figure | Vehicles for ages AGES 6+ | Hasbro

Also, I noticed that Generations Legends Swerve and Cosmos images are up too...

Transformers Generations Legends Class Flanker and Swerve Figures | Vehicles for ages 5 YEARS & UP | Hasbro
    Transformers Generations Legends Class Payload and Autobot Cosmos Figures | Vehicles for ages 5 YEARS & UP | Hasbro

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. griffin-of-oz

News Credits:
    Prices of the Arsenal Packs are the same as the regular ones... which kinda sucks if you already bought those four and prefer the extra accessories.

3. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

i was so happy when i saw the name Airazor... but its not the same Airazor...

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty cool.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Dunno how stores will be able to shift their old stock of those if there's a new better deal sat right next to them on the shelf.

I love Constructbots, but a few new mismatched weapons won't be convincing me to buy the same figures a second time. Should've at least done them as different characters. Maybe Sunstorm, Glyph, Blaster and Slicer or something.

'Arsenal' should've just been separate booster packs of weapons and parts.

Hasbro should do 'Protoform' sets, with the basic frame and then several heads, bodyshells and feet, these new weapons and various faction logos to mix and match to make your own brand new characters or add to sets people already own. There really haven't been enough expansion sets for people that want more parts but don't want to have to buy a whole figure rig as well.

Anyway, if they're going to put that Starscream out again with extra gubbins then I'd have much rather it been the one from the early promo images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Here's hoping the Generations Legends pics means that e-tailers will have these guys up for preorder soon.

The arsenal packs are interesting, wonder if they'll be a filler wave after this next wave comes out or shipping in the same cases as the Beast Hunters sets?

7. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    It looks like Soundwave and Wheeljack are actually recolored, looking in the bubbles in the packaging (SW is orange, WJ is blue). Wonder why the rest of the pictures don't reflect that?

Ratbat and Barrage are pretty cool, but I really don't need that Unitron/Megacron/whatever.

8. Maximal Dinobot

Maximal Dinobot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So glad I can pass on these new ones. Considering getting the two Shockwaves coming out and maybe Beast Optimus. Hopefully that'll be it for me for a long time with these guys.

While I support this line, I think it's pretty lame that there isn't a Unicron Megatron mold for the main line. The Cyberverse repaint is a waste of time and the Sharkticon one easily could've been held back in favor of a Unicron mold. People seemed to like the Sharkticon and that's cool but to not have the main villain of the movie? Lame... but then again, Breakdown.

I was kind of interested in that hammer Soundwave has. It's essentially the Forge and in proper colors! That orange head just kills it for me though. Weren't we getting that hammer from someone else? It looks familiar.

I still have this conundrum to deal with. Not as drastic as recolored heads but seeing how no one's mentioned opening a second run Wheeljack, I don't know how many pieces got recolored.

[​IMG]

This and the Starscream comment too. I suppose if anyone does reviews on these arsenal sets and there's a lot of unique colors that seem to fit characters we don't have they may be worth picking up.

9. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i just want shockwave's head. how big are the headsculpts on these guys? deluxe or voyger or in between?

10. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'm not surprised if they're trying to advertise all their sub lines on the Transfomers website. At BotCon, they reveal every sub line to attendees even though it's mostly adult collectors.

11. griffin-of-oz

News Credits:
    Zooming in on the images, the extra *non-weapon* parts for Soundwave are Beast Wars Rampage bits (claws, head, chest), and the extra parts for Wheeljack are Beast Wars Depth Charge bits (shark guns, head, cockpit).... so maybe these sets will allow you to make a couple Beast Wars characters using the same alt-modes as Soundwave and Wheeljack.

And zooming in on Bumblebee and Starscream's boxes, they also have an extra head, chestplate and kibble with the extra weapons... but I can't guess at who their alternate character is.

So I wonder why they didn't just release these as new character packs? Even if it was a redeco Soundwave with bits to make it Rampage, people would buy it... especially Beast Wars fans. It seems odd that they wouldn't at least try to sell them on that BW element.
    Maybe the budget didn't allow them to create new packaging and character art?

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I like the new ball-joint elbows and knees on the "Beast Hunters" sets.

13. RayTheSun

RayTheSun Boy of Meat

Did the paint errors on the Starscream head ever get fixed?

14. vrba79

vrba79 Well-Known Member

I can't decide which is fuglier, these or the GO! toys.

15. Maximal Dinobot

Maximal Dinobot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, just make sure to pick one up from the second run indicated by "Construct and Customize" on the bottom of the front of the box.

16. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are those little animal sidekick/masters made up of the weapons pieces?

17. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will buy Unicron Megatron just for Ratbat and give him to Soundwave...Also Bulkhead and Shockwave look pretty cool, not to fussed on the new Starscream.

Don't care for the extra parts either, i may pick up Wheeljack cause i didn't get the first one but other than that mehhhh

18. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Might pick up Unicron Megatron. Doesn't seem too bad, and has a more convincing alt-mode than the others. Plus, with no word on an actual Unicron Megatron figure other than the commander class repaint, I feel this is the best well get of him for some time.

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Clever idea to get you to be able to make a monster out of the spare parts - so long as they actually allow that to happen and don't give up before they make all the parts.

I have yet to buy a Constructbot - but the freebies might swing it "Maybe" (Not that they are likely to show up in the UK) I might just hold off on them and get the new Rescuebots instead.

20. The Diggs

The Diggs Mad Scientist

Ebay:
    I'm surprised how much I'm digging those Arsenal packs---and it makes me glad I held back on getting Wheeljack the first time around. 'Sharkjack' and Unicron Megs will be mine--anything for more Minicon-esque bots.

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion Arsenal 'Bee comes with Waspinator parts. Green and purple, guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.