Brickington - Ops's Lego Town

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Hey all. I've mentioned this town several times before on the boards and folks have been inquiring and bugging me to get some pictures of it.

Well...now that I own my own camera... :redface2:  ...I'd like to show you Brickington, my little town.

Some notes about Brickington:

1. One thing I've noticed about the professional Lego displays that people set up for conventions (see www.brickshelf.com) is that they try to give as accurate a recreation of a town as possible, and that means FILLING THE PLACE WITH FLORA. I never realized how much flowers, trees, brush, etc. add to a Lego town until I ordered a whole shitload of those parts off of bricklink and started covering the city with 'em.

2. I wanted to keep the town simple and believable. I used to have a monstrous, 5th element style city that, near its end, started to look really ridiculous. When I rebuilt the town, I wanted something small and manageable, similar to an HO scale train set.

3. Some of the buildings might look familiar - I used the instructions from the brickshelf instruction scans galleries to find some of my old favorites from the Lego town line and recreate them. However, most of the lots are my own design and I'm quite proud of them.

Welcome to Brickington...

[​IMG]
    The town is built on top of a 6' x 3' folding table from Wal-Mart. The bedsheet that covers the table also hides all of the Lego bins below it. There are a LOT of legos below it.

[​IMG]
    ...the left side of main street. The monstrous Fire & Rescue station is visible on the left.

[​IMG]
    ...the right side of main street, after the turn. The back of the train is visible, as well as the side of the train station.

[​IMG]
    The mountain. Haven't given it a name. I want to go back and fill out the inside of the mountain with black and brown bricks so it truly looks like the inside of a mountain one of these days.

[​IMG]
    The ol' swimmin' hole. I've always loved that "Half of a mini-figure means he's SWIMMING!" gimmick.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    A few shots of buildings:

[​IMG]
    The giant Fire & Rescue station. Brickington Fire & Rescue employs two rescue vehicles - one is a hook & ladder truck (which you might be able to spot in the pictures) and the other is a V-22 Osprey (which is pretty easy to spot. And yes, the rotors do tilt.)

[​IMG]
    These are the buildings in my neighborhood...The train station is my own design, the rest are semi-appropriated from various Lego sets (with some personal touches, of course.)

[​IMG]
    The solar house. I love the use of solar panels here. It looks awesome.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Nice work man! It makes me want to dif out all my old legos from when I was a kid:) 

4. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Is it a new set ?
    It really reminds me the early 80's Lego-Land sets that I had as a kid.

5. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Awesome job dude! Building that takes alot of patience and attention.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazing work, Ops!!! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock 

7. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I miss my Lego :cry 

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's pretty sweet! Kinda reminds me of the 3-base plate space port I build way back when. But yours is cooler. :) 

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Beautiful

Can we get some more pics of the mountian

can you post instructions :D 

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
  11. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Good job man Tha brings back some great memeories.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Wow man that's awesome. Always wanted to convert a whole room into a Lego World (wCities,jungles,space themes etc),by making little paths through tables that are connected and SIM'ed out. Sprinke sone TF's here & there with those long yellow Hotwheel road strips loaded up with Spychangers.

You should get another table ready for connection , and stick a Brave/Fort Max on it and go from there. Those little legomen scale nicely with the TF's

That's so cool man, I can't wait to own a huge frikn mansion (yeah haha) with many rooms for some serious display power

The city you have going on looks really alive. Well done man. Only improvement I can think is to spread it out and add lots more trees here and there, but yeah space is limited with those tables. Damn man wish I was tiny, would be riding my little lego bike through that town like Paperboy, pickin up some hot legomamas with really square blocks!
    Suprised you don't have that $40 house in there that's been at Lego.com for awhile. Was thinking about buying it, it looks so cozy. Need some skyscrapers.

Cool sheit!

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thank god for the danish for their legos and cookies.

14. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ops this is amazing! (I also saw your other picture in "Cool stuff" thread, too :) )
    We had a Lego game long time ago and yours is just like the town in that game, or even better.