LOC wave 1

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by KA, Sep 5, 2005.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, i know im late ;) 

anyways, most ppl would ignore reviews for small, cheap figs but i'm giving it a shot based on the fact i have not been buying GF/CYB main line toys.

the figures are:
    -prime
    -megs
    -starscream
    -hot shot

i have been putting of buying CYB (outside of hot shot and overhaul - impulse buys) and found these figure - mini version of the main line - great! i could say its actually put me off from buying the regular ones - for awhile at least.

prime, megs and starscream are terrific in their simplicity. starscreams the best figure of the lot. i like prime 2nd, despite lacking in arm articulation, cuz hes prime.

megs was a pleasant surprise. i initially didnt like the design and do not plan to buy the regular version, but at this size, i love the proportions/colors. hes not squatty like ENG megs, kiddie looking like AMD megs. and they manage to cram the complex transformation in such a small fig. lotsa kibble in the back tho.

hot shot, having the regular version, is just crap. its like they didnt even try.

overall, wave 1 is B+ to A-, not an A+ thx to hot shot. this sub line is a boon for ppl like me, who love mini figs, for the cuteness factor and the in-scaleness with base/city bots :) 

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I can't make up my mind if I wanna get LOC, or wait and get GF EZ *sigh* I have THS Convoy and LOC Skywarp... and I have full intentions of getting the rest!!

Andy

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just picked up these figures today. I'm quite impressed. I won an eBay auction for an all-black test shot of Megs, and liked the figure immediately (BTW, in all black, Megs is even more Batmobile-like). Prime is great, and look great next to my full size Prime. This tempts me even further to get the THS convoy, but he's a bit pricey for a little guy. Screamer's great, though his legs keep falling off during transformation. As for Hotshot, I think he needs a few more paint aps, and some arm articulation. Right now he can only attack you if you're approaching his side. Oh, and he's mistransformed in package, as the roof section rotates around like the larger version. Based on these 4, I can say I'll definitely pick up the next wave as well.

-Tony!
    Found all 4 at Disney's Once Upon a Toy, and only moderately jacked up prices- $4 a piece.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think they're all pretty good given their size.

I'll agree that Hot Shot is on the bottom - simplest design, and the arms don't move (could if the backpack didn't block everything.

Megatron is floppy, but impressive that the transformation was made in such a small toy.

Starscream is overall very nice, though the vehicle mode is rather mushy.

optimus is my personal fave. Even though lacking in articulation, it comes dangerously close to looking BETTER than the small-form robot of the full-size toy.

Nice bunch, looking forward to the next bunch, hoping there might be a bunch after that.

5. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Is THS Convoy really so small that he can actually fit into the same scale as these? Maybe some comparison pics would help me understand...

Between the SDCC and (upcoming) Botcon seekers, EZ Galvatron, and one's choice of either the LOC or EZ Collection figures, I think these little guys are definitely proving to be one of the nicest surprises about Cybertron. I really hope that the second wave with Scourge etc. isn't the last we see of them.

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish Prime's arms weren't hollow-- they look too weird that way, IMO.

And the thing that really bugs me about Hot Shot is the fact that he has no feet. TRANSFORMERS NEED FEET, dagnabbit.

Megs and Starscream are simply grade-A awesome, though.

7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    here's a comparison shot with LOC Skywarp.. keep in mind, he's in Super Mode, so he's not really that much taller!

[​IMG]

Andy

8. gunman_sr5

gunman_sr5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice comparison pic. Wave 1 Megs and Starscream are great figures. Prime seemed to be a letdown. Hotshot.... Well hes Hotshot. Without the flip out feet. As for wave 2. I recomend Evac, the other can be held off on a bit.

9. REDLINE

News Credits:
    scourge was a let-down?? :(  say it isn't so! damnit, I might just wait and get the more expensive GF EZ line then... *sigh*

Andy

10. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Will they (the ones besides OP, Megs and Screamer) be released as EZ collection?

11. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I havn't seen any news anywhere past the first three figs myself, so I have no idea, but I'd like to know too, Syd!

Andy

12. gunman_sr5

gunman_sr5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last I knew EZ and LOC where the same line.

13. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yeah they are the same line, but that doesn't mean that takara will release all the same molds that Hasbro will.

Andy

14. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And now I am sad about that EZ G Convoy which comes with Megalo Convoy...I don't think I'll get Megalo for that EZ figure, but he looks good. :( 

I hope you'll get them RL, LoC or EZ collection. They are fun, especially for a connoisseur of Smallest TFs like you.:) 

15. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got mine in, and I agree with most of what's been said. Hot Shot kinda sucks, Starscream is probably the best. Prime looks great in bot mode, kinds stupid in truck mode without the trailer component. Megs seems pretty cool, but I don't have a regular version to compare to. Great for the price certainly, looking forward to getting wave 2.