TFW Fall of Cybertron Blaster with Steeljaw Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Next up is the other new release from the next assortment of Transformers Fall of Cybertron Voyagers, Blaster (and his cassette turned data-disk companion Steeljaw)! Fall of Cybertron Blaster is one of the more extensive remolds that comes along every so often, featuring a new head, a new chest, a different gun and even new wheels which together with his brighter colors sets him apart from Soundwave / Soundblaster and gives him an identity all of his own. It's just as well, because Blaster deserves to be more than a mere copy of Soundwave (sorry Universe 2.0). What is great though is Blaster really takes the mold and runs with it. While Soundwave being bigger than his fellow Decepticons was a nuisance, it is less of an issue for Blaster, because Blaster was always a big guy among the Autobots.

Blaster's other blessing is that like a few Fall of Cybertron releases, he can work with the Classics series characters as a Classics version of Blaster, if you are so inclined. Your mileage will of course vary on how much the obviously Cybertronian look fits in with more Earthly alternate forms, but in robot mode he fits in nicely with characters like Perceptor.

There's not a lot to say about Blaster's diskbot partner Steeljaw. He's a pretty extensively reworked version of Ravage, but I found on mine the strong springs meant he never quite stood as flat as I would have liked. Ravage of course had his good and bad points and these carry over to Steeljaw. Regardless though, it is good to see Steeljaw included with Blaster, because just like Soundwave needs Laserbeak, Blaster needs his little partner bot too.

Open the link below to check out the full gallery of Blaster:

Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Blaster with Steeljaw Gallery

[​IMG]
    Fall of Cybertron Blaster Robot Mode

[​IMG]
    Fall of Cybertron Blaster Vehicle Mode

[​IMG]
    Fall of Cybertron Blaster Boombox Mode

[​IMG]
    Fall of Cybertron Blaster with Steeljaw

[​IMG]
    Fall of Cybertron Steeljaw

[​IMG]
    Blaster has an excellent head sculpt. Check out the personality in that face - he looks so determined to give Straxus payback for killing Scrounge...

[​IMG]
    A groupshot of the three different versions of Blaster which I own (sorry again, Universe 2.0!)

2. MeGrimlock1976

MeGrimlock1976 Wrecker

I have been so looking forward to this guy! I can't wait until he hits regular retail here in mass!! I will finally have a proper blaster for my collection!! Great review and thanks for sharing!! I can't wait to find this guy on a shelf!! :drool: 

3. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

That's some nice artwork for Blaster's minions.

4. JAYSCREAM

JAYSCREAM CACHOW!

Ebay:
    i like him, standing next to soundwave its almost like a different mold. just the legs let him down (no pun) they just seam a bit bland. got the tomtak vrsion on pre order so hopefully the legs will be sorted.

5. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I passed on Soundwave/Soundblaster because I already have the deluxe version and feel he fits in scale better with the rest of my game figures and I also made my own scratch built little Laserbeak for it. I will more than likely pick up Blaster though.

6. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Nice pics, can't wait to get this guy. He'll make an awesome addition to my Classics Autobot team.

I think this guy and the FOC Soundwave are probably the best Classics-style versions of these characters we're gonna get for awhile... baring Masterpiece Soundwave, of course.

7. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Double post

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    At least this figure proves that Hasbro can still knock out and amazing head sculpt.

9. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    This will be my collection's Blaster. I had wanted a G1 version but I think I'll break for this one. He is cheaper too.

10. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

-n-'

Pass. Both are just repaints. I don't need repaints cluttering my shelves thank you.

11. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some really professional repainting going on with Blaster's chest and face, then. ;) 

I know what you're trying to say but Blaster has enough parts remolded that, together with the new paintjob, make him different enough from Soundwave - in my opinion.

Steeljaw is also different from Ravage.

12. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure how I can dislike the Soundwave version as I like the character better, yet prefer this version of the toy.

13. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Ah, I see you don't have any seekers then.

14. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

The seekers were actual characters that were just repaints. They could've done better for Blaster but they didn't. The seekers were meant to be repaints of eachother so of course I have the seekers. Hell I have a whole shelf dedicated to them. While they were both cassette players in G1. They were not repaints of eachother. I expected better of Hasbro. Just like I want Buzzsaw but I already have Laserbeak. It's okay to have repaints that ACTUALLY make an appearance in a show or comic. This. This is not okay. Hasbro has become lazy on the figures that truly need new molds and spent most of their time on that new Beast hunters shit. It took them that long to make a half accurate version of Smokescreen and that's not okay. I only want Blasters that are Accurate and not just pathetic repaints. Especially for the prices of these figures.

15. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    I really want Blaster after seeing his face, looks pretty nice.

Smokescreen's first appearance in Prime was September, and he's got a figure now, that's fairly quick.

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Sure, justify it whatever way you want. G1 did it so it was right then! The seekers, different personalities or not, were repaints of each other. Not even remolds like now, just repaints. They decided to make them different characters to sell more toys, and it was as lazy back then as it is right now. The fact that the fandom loves the seekers doesn't change the fact that they were probably the original lazy repaint.

Note that I'm not criticizing the seekers: I love cool repaints and remolds like this blaster. It's just that this attitude is so hypocritical it reminds me of the typical "man do I hate robots that turn into beasts! except for the predacons, seacons, dinobots, etc, those are alright because [no reason given]"

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Mold reuse has been a part of Transformers since day 1. My personal feeling on Blaster is that this new toy of him features a good number of the key features from the original version - head, chest, gun, overall application of deco - to work.

That being said, if you do want a non-retooled, original mold Blaster, Device Label Broadblast is the best out there right now. The head sculpt is decent - not as good as this one, I was impressed at just how good the head was on this toy when I had the two together - but he is a Blaster, he can fit the G1 cassettes, he has an appropriate update to the alternate mode.

That's the one to look into for a new mold of Blaster. This one is a good alternative though, and once those minions come out, it'll be even better.

18. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Boy there are not words for how Happy I am we're getting this & Rewind!

19. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. Whether you like it or not, Hasbro needs to reuse the mold in order to make the most out of it. Only using it once is a waste when it's so expensive to create such a template.

Considering this in advance and making sure the mold gets some additional heads and parts is actually a really smart thing, and that strategy has paid off: we no longer get simple repaints, but redecos with new heads that instantly make the character stand out from the original.

You can complain how Blaster doesn't have his own mold, sure. Or you can accept the fact that Transformers will never again be like it was in 1985, where they could buy an existing robot character and repurpose it, and appreciate that we're finally getting a Blaster that looks like Blaster and comes with all of his minions.

The minor things some fans complain about are constantly boggling my mind.

It's good to see you have such unrealistic and unfair expectations. That means from now on I no longer have to take note of anything you say.
    This toy is another fine example of them going out of their way, going that extra mile, to give us fans something we'd like, and you are telling me Hasbro is lazy? Because they didn't deviate from their ongoing business plan enough to give you exactly what you want?

It's funny that you're craving for a more G1 accurate Blaster (as in: one that shares nothing with Soundwave, moldwise), because from the way you act I'd say you're not old enough to remember G1. Grow up.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  20. JAYSCREAM

JAYSCREAM CACHOW!

Ebay:
    ????????????? words fail me..... BUZZSAW? REALLY? HASBRO ARE YOU LISTENING? YOUR LAZY! how dare you reuse molds willy and indeed nilly in G-1, BEAST WARS, MACHINE WARS, ROBOTS IN DISGUISE, ARMARDA, ENERGON, CYBERTRON ECT ECT AND G-2 WAS JUST MOSTLY REPAINTS!
    PMSL!
    Hasbro are a buisness. makeing toys for kids. they throw a lot at fanboys really. ive already said i like this use of the mold. so :p 
    hope you dont collect gi joe there all made up from about 6 core figures....lol
    and stop saying blasters minions. hes a good guy he dosnt have minions lol