411mania interview of Steven Blum(Starscream of Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Flashdisk, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello. Is this interview new or old? I can't tell. But anyway, if you haven't seen it, enjoy.

It's an interview of Steven Blum by Jeffrey Harris posted in 411mania.

411mania.com: Movies - 411mania.com Interviews: Steven Blum

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Wow Great Interview.

Steven Blum is one of my favourite V.A's of all time and the best Starscream of all.

Also Interesting how he's supportive of Milo Ventimigla when he tried (and failed) to voice Wolverine in Marvel Anime. No one else in the world supported him at all. Steven is a great guy taht's all i can say.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Neat interview, some good info there.

4. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
    Good to see Spike doing well.

5. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Sick twisted shit involving Starscream? Count me in.

6. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Oh My. I wonder he is a fan of the Flash Comics. I think he should voice Wally West one day.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Every interview it gets worse. It's like he's trying to put me off the show. Megatron is becoming smarter and Soundwave is becoming more interesting so I could live with the common beating of Starscream but it's starting to sound horrible. I find Starscream to be the only character I like so now it sounds like the movies all over again. The only character I like getting his ass kicked.

If this is done by Bumblebee, I will stop watching. The writing is poor and the characters are underdeveloped. I will not watch the only character I like get tortured by Bumblebee.

8. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

As much as I dislike your constant bashing of the TF Prime series and its characters, I have to admit I was disappointed with what I read. It sounds like Starscream is going to have his butt kicked again and again, which seriously cripples the badass promise he made us at the end of Partners.

The more I see of him, the more I'm convinced he's a certain Warner Bros black duck who became a fan favourite ... and would get screwed every time just so that the writers could screw with the fans. Not necessarily in a wrong way, but in a way that hampered his potential.

I said it back then, and I'll say it again: Screamer needs to pull a "moonstones enhanced Helmut Zemo" and play with both factions as a violin, not bargain / plea for crumbs. We need to see him exploit the weaknesses of both factions for his own purposes. Since he's alone, his wits must make him an equal threat to any other faction.

Joining with MECH would be a good move for Screamer to upgrade himself, plan his next moves, and leave a victor (and maybe a few bot thralls).

But the way I read Blum's interview, he's just going to be more of a joke, if anything else. However, these are just theories, and the last few scenes with Starscream (Rathcet scene excluded) make me hope that he will indeed become as lethal as he declares himself to be.

9. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    That doesn't sound fun....at all. That sounds really bloody annoying, I was hoping he'd be a bit more competent and better at fighting like we saw in the latest episode and Partners
    I pretty much agree with what ngnikolaos said

10. ngnikolaos

Anyone else noticed that Blum never mentioned Welker in his comments about the people he works with?

11. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

He was only competant in Partners because Arcee was about to go into stasis from Energon loss.

12. ngnikolaos

He WAS handicapped though ...

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

That crik in his back could have been tide turning!

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps Mech will get a hold of him and torture him.

15. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He was responding to the BotCon reading from 2011 - and Welker wasn't present.

He wasn't ignoring Welker & the others, but he only had so long/so much print space to answer questions.

16. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
    Pretty sure he spoke about the BotCon experience and then mentioned Welker.

17. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    He was just talking about the cast members who were at Botcon last year
    He still showed competence in that he was able to get Arcee to move closer to him so he could have the first strike

If the synopsis to Operation Bumblebee pt2 is anything to go by, he may actually be working with them

18. ngnikolaos

Starscream's jet form was always vital in turning the tide of a battle ... ergo, his limit to bot form only counts as a handicap.

(Darth Vader voice) A-HAAA! So that's it.

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream is an evil guy. In a TF cartoon. Starscream is an evil guy in a TF cartoon that is absolutely shitty to everyone from both sides due to being a snake so smug he smirks when he is asleep.

How is anyone surprised, much less angry, that YEAH he will get beaten? Asshole smug villain ALWAYS gets beaten and beaten badly. It's karma guided. If he were the HONORABLE VILLAIN or something maybe he would get beaten less violently, but no, he is the asshole, and the asshole always gets it worse.

On the bright side, if it happens then soundwaverullz will finally stop whining and watching the show so yeah I hope Bee beats him next two parter.

20. ngnikolaos

You know, not *everyone* scrolls the cursor to the "spoilers" black line ... Your comment made it plainly obvious that MECH and StarScream are allied in Operation Bumblebee.