movie tru exclusive mudflap

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Red Alert, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I finally picked this guy up at retail today and i have to say he is decent but not great.
    alt mode
    I really like the look of him in alt mode compared to his previous colors,the seller for me is he looks really good with the classics 2.0 dropshot and heavy load.He is rather large which is is a good thing for a voyager.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bot mode
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

His bot mode is decent and the colorscheme looks good but there are some flaws i dont care for.His crane arm is WAY too big for such a small arm.Fully extended it is over a foot long and makes him hard to pose.The other arm is ok but the missile launcher is also large for the small arm.

His posability is still pretty good despite these flaws and as i said earlier he seems to fit better with classics/universe 2.0 than movie.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i will post pics tonight when i get home with both modes and comparisons with classics.
    His gimmicks are a missile launcher on one arm and a huge blade on his crane arm.
    overall a 5 out of 10 but would have been better if his crane could come off without alot of work

NOW IF ANIMATED SCRAPPER AND MIXMASTER WERE VOYAGERS THEY WOULD MAKE A RATHER NICE DEVASTATOR:D 

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Oooh, nice, he's a darker yellow than he looked in the Hasbro photos. And I like that the windshields and transparent parts have a (very) slight reddish tint to them.... it reinforces the Erector homage.

He DOES look nice with those other two repaints, especially Heavy Load (unsurprisingly, given the construction theme). I didn't realize he was out at retail in the U.S. yet... I'll have to be on the lookout for him at TRU.

3. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Please tell me they used a stronger spring, so that the crane doesn't flop around on Mudflap's arm.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    it seems like they improved it and his arm joint

5. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

In my book, anything that's a redeco from a previous line is Universe. Though the benefit of having them done under the movie label is they made themselves stick to realistic color schemes.

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    with some modding he is a way better figure and has more posability

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    both arms modded(the crane and missile snap right back on now):D 
    [​IMG]

7. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I don't suppose you could remove both the arm kibble pieces/weapons and somehow put them into a base form for the full Erector homage?

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    For me, because I'm pedantic, the benefit is that I want to be a Universe completist, but not a Movie one. Which means that while these toys fit in with Universe, I don't have to buy them if I don't want to. Mudflap I like, Inferno I don't, for instance. If they were Universe figures, I'd be struggling to buy them both, but for movie figures, I can just take Mudflap and be done with it.

Most other people probably don't give a crap about this kinda thing, though.

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    added a pic with both removed and modded it so they snap on and off

10. Optimus Sledge

Ok, that's frikkin' awesome. I have to get this figure, couple of Reprolabels Autbot insignia and a legally-binding name change for him.

11. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

I saw Mudflap and Red Alert er Inferno and they were both easily passable. The only movie toy I’d consider paying for is that deep space Starscream because I like his packaging and paint application.

12. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't buy any of these... these molds suck...

13. Optimus Sledge

Let me get this straight: you'll pass on Mudflap in favour of one of the worst molds Hasbro designers have ever excreted into packaging? I feel like I'm in Bizarro world.

14. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

To be technical I don’t want any movie toys since you asked. If I were (if I had to) I would pick up that DSS over that Mudflap. Clear enough?

15. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Picked him up today...He will be my classics Grapple...does anyone else have the problem that his legs are really loose at the hip joints...like he has excess slack between each click...and the clicks arn't very strong either...

Is anyone elses like this...?

16. Optimus Sledge

Yes. You'd choose a terrible mold over a good one. I think you'll find I understood that first time round.

17. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Here's the part where you split Universe into two parts, Classics 2.0 Universe and Universe 2.0 Universe. Classics are new molds and I'm getting them all because they're all awesome, just like the first batch of classics (sans Devastator). Universe are repaints from previous series, and just like the previous Universe I'm only getting the ones that strike my fancy. This is also how I treated the movie line, new molds were a must because they are all awesome but the repaints from previous lines, only if I like them.

18. defstar

defstar Autobot...

So can anyone help with my QC issue above...^^^

Just need some feedback so I'll know if I need to exchange him or not...:) 

19. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    But you see, my pedantic nature requires me to buy even the Universe repaints because they say "classic series" on the box.

20. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Allspark powered Mudflap review

Hey all just got this guy today so i thought I'd post my thoughts on him.

First off he's huge. I didn't think this is what Voyager class was but he is definitely good.

Vehicle Mode:

[​IMG]

Mudflap as alot of people know is a crane/truck. In this form he's got a repainted Yellow color-scheme.

[​IMG]

His crane is extendable in this mode and can move up and down.

[​IMG]

If you insert the Cyber Planet Key he comes with the crane extends to a length of almost MP Prime's height!

[​IMG]

He also has another gimmick in this mode. Up near his truck cab the part that emergency yellow/black bars on it, also flips out with the use of the key. This turn into a missile launcher with a launching missile.

The only complaint I have for this mode is that the middle sets of wheels don't touch the ground, in fact he doesn't roll well at all. Kind of a let down but meh.

Robot Mode:

The transformation is freaking genius. First the middle wheels flip up on hinged panels allowing to fold all the necessary pieces such as arms, legs, and head. It's all very well hidden in Vehicle mode. The crane becomes a weapon on his left while the goes on his right.

[​IMG]

He has what looks like amber light piping.

[​IMG]

He also very excellent articulation although it is limited by his arm pads. He has ratcheting shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees. He also has some waist articulation but the wings on his back hinder it. His head turns 180 on a swivel joint as do his feet.

The gimmicks work in this mode with the key but do look a bit on the cheesy side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All in all he's a great figure. I just wonder why he was made a Decepticon rather than an autobot, he's a dead ringer to be a classics Erector or Hoist. His colors are spot on and I may give him an autobot Symbol later to fix him up.

He's a great figure and I definitely recommend picking him up, especially for only 20$. Be careful though he's a TRU exclusive.