TFTM - Legends Bumblebee vs. Scorponok

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Andersonh1, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Movie Legends: Bumblebee vs. Scorponok

Bumblebee: A tiny version of 74 Camaro Bumblebee. I'm a lot more forgiving at this size than I am at a larger one, so even though the articulation and detail are limited, it's not too bad. The legs move at the hips, and the arms move at the shoulders, both on limited ball joints. I suppose technically he has elbows way up his arm as well.

Balance isn't too good, but it's not impossible to get him to stand.

Transformation is fairly simple. The auto mode is where even this tiny TF loses out. The shoulder joints stick out badly in front of the doors. I suppose they could be giant rear-view mirrors or something... maybe not.

The rest of the car is a reasonably nice cut down version of the 70's Camaro. It has the same metallic blue windows and dirty spots as the $10 version.

The verdict: it's a slightly more articlated spychanger. Not the best I've seen at this size, but not too bad. But I bought the set for the second figure.

Scorponok: I skipped the deluxe version of this character because the robot mode wasn't very good at all. For whatever reason, the legends version works much better.

Joints: shoulders and elbows, along with thigh and knee joints. The tail essentially attaches on the robot's rear end, and the stinger sits above the head much like BW Scorponok.

Transformation: head folds up along with the arms, which are the scorpion claws. There's no gear mechanism, but the claws can be rotated manually. The tail folds down, and the lower legs fit over the upper legs to form the scorpion torso. There are no tabs to lock the sides on, but as small as this figure is, that's not a real issue.

The detail is good, from the rotating gears along the back to the segmented tail. There's a silver movie 'Con symbol on the left rear of the scorpion torso.

Verdict: one of the best legends figures, in my opinion. It benefits from not having to look like something real of course. In the case of the bot mode and that mode's proportions, it's superior to the deluxe. Well worth having.

Bio: set post movie. Scorponok has been abandoned by the other Decepticons, so he's hiding out in the desert, hoping not to be noticed. Bumblebee is hunting him down. The bio does have the good grace to admit that Bee's alt mode isn't suited for the desert, but I would have thought Ironhide or even Ratchet would be a better choice for the terrain than BB. Still, it's probably a case of someone deciding which toys would go in the set, and the bio writers having to make the bio fit. I guess they did the best they could. [​IMG]

Overall, the set is worth it for Scorponok. If you already have BB, or just don't like him, you may want to wait and see if Scorponok is released on his own, or if you can pick him up solo off Ebay. But I like both figures enough to get the set, even with the lumpy Camaro.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They REALLY need to do a legends version of CC-Camaro Bumblebee,

Scorpy is quite nice, and better than the deluxe in certain ways like a lot of people have said. I REALLY wish it had a peg or tab or something to hold the folded-up legs on the sides of the scorpion mode better, as it's pretty 'mushy' in that form. All the rest is gold.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I really didn't have the intention of getting this pack since I already had the BB mold twice (single release and Cliffjumper)...but I wanted Scorponok pretty badly so I broke down and got it with some extra cash I had for my bday. Totally agree with everything Shane said. I really wish They'd have packed Ironhide with Scorponok so I wouldn't have an extra BB to throw into a storage bin, but oh well. Can't complain too much since Scorpy really is a cool ittle toy.

Also, lolz at the bio from me too Shane...too funny!

4. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    You can give BB to me ;) 

I have had my eye on the new legends for some reason.

5. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'll have to wait until Legends Scorponok gets here, but in the meantime I already love him.

6. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Does the post-movie bio say anything about BB being a 74 Camaro again?

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Finally scored these at Walmart yesterday.

BB- battle damage sucks, doesn't hold together nearly as well as my non-BD one.

Scorps- A little flimsy, joints are a pain to manipulate but still pretty good. I still prefer the deluxe version, though.