The Transformers Multiverse...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    okay, so its known that TF exist in a multiverse in TF mythology, especially after the new comic was released from the club...so here's the list of known multiverse that we have...

1. G1 TV - G1 TV, BW, BM, BW comics (IDW), TT
    2. G1 comics - marvel, TFCC 2007 comic, TF universe
    3. G1 Marvel comics, G2, UK comics
    4. AEC - TV
    5. AEC - comics
    6. IDW g1 - Infiltration, Storm Bringer, Escalation, Devastation, Spotlights, TF/NA crossover
    7. DW g1 - (comics)
    8. Hearts of steel - (IDW comics)
    9. GI Joe vs TF - (DDP, IDW comics)
    10. GI joe vs TF - (DW comics)
    11. Japanese G1 - G1 TV, BW, BM, BWNeo, BW 2nd, HM, MF, Victory, Zone, SC
    12. Animated - (possibly part of 1)
    13. 2007 Movie - 07 Movie, IDW comic prequal, Titan Magazines
    14. RID
    15. Takara Continuity - G1, HM, MF, V, Zone, SC, AEC, RID, Animated, BW, BM, BW2, BWNEO. (basically any cartoon series ever)
    16. Blackthorne G1 - G1 TV season 1 and 2, TFTM, Blackthorne 3 issue run
    17. BW toy Comics - Comics with initial waves of toys, BW was taking place in present time, unlike show
    18. Armada toy comics - Set in a continuity similiar to Armada show, small differences
    19. Energon toy comics - also, if you need to know what anything means, here's the list of abbreviations to help you out
    20. Panini Armada - aimed at kids, UK series
    21. Robot Masters
    22. Machine Wars
    23. TF Gobots
    24. Japanese TF manga

below is a list of what the abbreviations stand for:

g1 - generation one tv
    bw - beast wars
    bm - beast machines
    bw2 - beast wars second
    bwneo - beast wars neo
    Rid - robots in disguise
    HM - headmasters
    MF - masterforce
    V - Victory
    SC - Scramble city
    AEC - Armada, Energon, Cybertron - (also same continuity as Micron Legened, Superlink, and Galaxy Force)
    NA - New Avengers

if i missed anything, let me know and i'll edit this post. or, if you feel that it is unclear, let me know and i'll fix it. also, should i add each specific title of the comic story arcs that line up with a continuity?

this is a work in progress, so please any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks

lastly, if someone comes in and doesnt know what BWneo is, or anything else, please dont be a jerk...i will be trying to update this with links to everything major so people can learn more about what they dont already know...this is to help EVERYONE and some of us have been here forever and our heads are full of useless TF knowledge, some are new, and only know the 07 movie...so, i ask that everyone behaves....thanks

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    there's two distinct universes in the marvel G1 series (the one Galvatron was pulled from is the other)

I dunno how many there are in the DW armada series. the worlds collide storyline never said (to my knowledge) just how many different universes everyone came from.

There's also the blackthorne G1 comics.

No mention of Armada/Energon/Cybertron or Micron Legend/Superlink or Galaxy Force, thats three universes right there.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    which marvel g1, the comic? i havent read all the comics...and i forgot about the worlds collide arc...

also, whats the blackthorne g1 comics? (nevermind, found it)

and, AEC is number 4 and 5...

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Ah, somehow I missed AEC.

I feel ******ed.

But Micron Legend/Superlink were originally their own universe, galaxy force wasnt part of that in japan until takara went in later and changed their mind and destroyed any sense of continuity TF ever had in japan.

The blackthorne G1 comics had a pretty short run. they were in 3D and came with 3D glasses. They also did some "how to draw transformers" comics.

5. Lumpy

News Credits:
    its all good. no need to feel ******ed....and i know that originally micron legend and superlink werent connected with galaxy force, but since they have (horribly) been retconned in, i decided to leave them in just as AEC still

6. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    SOoo, 20+ universes, boy it's a good thing people around here don't get bent on such simple things as timeline or historical protocol.:gen069: 

7. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, it's a mess alright. Good thing there's so much to choose from. This way there's something for everyone.

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Good old imagination and personal canon, I say... :p 

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One more I can think of.

21. G1 coloring books. Possibly the weirdest and most nonsensical universe, where Ravage towers over elephants and Megatron drives a giant car.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The TF Wiki (not to be confused with the wikipedia) has some articles on Blackthorne's three comics.

The last issue featured a villian with the most awesome name in the history of Transformers: Lord Imperious Delirious.

On the TF wiki, we call these small stories in minor comics, storybooks, colouring books ect that don't exactly fit into any continuity (aside from setting) as Micro-continuities.

Our article on continuity overall.

You have your books mixed up. Giant Ravage is from one of the colouring books, but Megatron driving a car was from the classic storybook The Great Car Rally.

The art by Earl Norem is fantastic.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

That´s my view on the whole matter.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Let's face it... the TF continuity is so messed up it's not even funny. Especially if you go by Takara's 'all encompassing G1' continuity that only leaves out ML, SL & GF. Sucks.

Still, I usually just go by my own continuities, but I'd agree that there's at least 20 different continuities and that doesn't count different universes seen within the different continuities... such as the alternate universe Galvatron was pulled out of in the G1 Marvel comic or the various alternaties show in the Armada comic's World's Collide ark... or most recently the Transtech continuity being shown in the new club comic... which is basically a universe that's some kind of central hub for dimensional travelers!

13. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

how do all of those fit together?
    how about Robotmasters, MachineWars, Transtech, TF Gobots?

14. Lumpy

News Credits:
    okay, forgot about 3 of those...and transtech is post BM, originally...not sure where it fits now, but it seems like an old universe from the preview, so its possibly the end of g1...and the club has stated that the club comic for games of deception takes place after marvel ends in the US, and doesnt include any g2 or UK comics...and that issue shows cliffjumper among this bots, and also shows the club combiner figures, which are also heavily featured in the universe club comic....

15. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

In that case, you left out the version of the Marvel universe that progresses into the G2 comics rather than the Botcon comics. That also branches into the normal US G2 comic, and the shortlived but seperate G2 UK comics.

Also Japanese Transformers Manga continuity is quite different from TV continuity. NEed I remind people of the whacked out way they ended the Victory manga :p 

Also the keeper trilogy of novels, while based on the Dreamwave G1 continuity, clearly has enough differences to set it apart.

16. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about the Binaltech story? I think it connected to G1 and Japanese Beast Wars.

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    the normal progression is number 3....and ive never read about the JTM....or any of the TF novels...

18. Lumpy

News Credits:
    oh yeah...they tried to fit that in somewhere...wasnt it supposedly post season 2, but pre movie? thats a continuity nightmare right there...

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    it's an alternate continuity that starts after season 2, and erases the events of the movie.