Transformers Animated set to premiere on Cartoon Network Saturday, January 5, 2008

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Topspin, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Topspin

Topspin Twin Twist Sucks

News Credits:
    Press Release:

2. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Wow.

So it premieres, and then we have to wait 6 full months for the toys?

Somebody's asleep at the wheel down at Hasbro, methinks.

3. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    but no toys till june? :( 

4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Seriously, they need to fire their marketing deptartment. Hasbro is their own worst enemy, they love to shoot themselves in the foot.

5. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is really going to hurt TF:Animated toy sales unless the series runs until June/August.

6. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

We're still getting the post Xmas showing right?

7. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Yes, we are. It says that.

Though no idea if/when Canada's getting it. Someone contact YTV or something.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm...the delay in the toy line has me thinking that they need to work on the production of them, or there's something stoping them from releasing the toys for a while. Personally, I'm kinda glad that the toy line is being pushed back a bit. Once I figure out how to record shows onto a DVD with our DVD player/recorder, I'll probably get the 3 episode premier, and all the regular episodeson DVD, so I can watch it multiple times. The question is, when will the 2-pack thing be released? Personally, I'm hoping for it being released around the premier of the show. That way I can get it and it will help the wait till the main toy line arrives to store shelves.

9. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Shoot totally missed that while skimming, err I sent them an email when the news of the early showing came out. No response yet though.

10. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The pushback on the figures is making less and less sense.

11. Scrappy

Scrappy smiling a blacktooth grin

What hasbro should do is offer up a few teaser toys released when the series kicks off. We know Voyager Optimus is ready. Maybe Prime and Bumblebee could be on the shelves and then kids will have something to distract them while they wait another 6 bloody months for the rest of the guys to show up.

12. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Ok, with an assumed 13 episodes for season 1, and 1 episode a week, that equals about three months.

So that means we'll have had three months of repeats BEFORE THE TOYS HAVE HIT THE SHELVES!

WTF HASBRO? I sure as hell hope that 'delayed till June' report is dead, dead wrong.

-edit-

And ooh, the Allspark gives Sari a special power? Will it be Kicker Number 2? Or Kicker actually done right? Or something completely different?

13. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what they should do...or just release the Classics agian. Also think about this. Movie toyline is running untill what Juneish of next year? If that's the case they might be doing this so they don't hurt their other main product line. I do however support a protoform starscream and OP style approach.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I might be wrong, but, I remember reading quite some time ago that the first season of Animated was going to have 20 some odd episodes pluse the premier feature. I'll go see if I can find what I'm thinking of.

Edit: I was correct. There will be 26 episodes plus the 90 minute special. I'm not sure where you got the idea that there would only be 13 episodes.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=129969&highlight=Animated

15. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Let's hope so.

Otherwise we're all gonna be burnt-out toaster ovens.

16. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    That's been their formula for the past 15 years...why change now?

17. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Chances are, we'll see the movie, then the series will come back later in the late spring/early summer to play the first season in conjunction with the toys. I don't mind waiting...

Chris

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Sari Sumdac...I find that funny. Sumdac is Cadmus spelt backwards. Any DC animatedverse fan knows Cadmus was the main story ark in JLU season 1.

But on the toy/show comments. I don't get it. In the past hasn't Hasbro released the toys just before a series is released??? 6 months is going to hurt them something fierce.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

19. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Interesting. I assumed 13 because most animated shows these days run in 13 episode Seasons.

Apparently they're starting off with a double-season. Interesting.

-edit-

So we'll be just starting repeats when the toyline hits.

Now, that actually makes a bit of sense to me. Assuming that when they move to repeats, they move to a weekday timeslot (I don't know if that's still the practice, but it seems logical), so the kids will be seeing them every day, and thus inundated with desire to go out and buy the toys.

Hrmmmmm.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    My opinion is that the toys are delayed because Hasbro have SO much on their plate right now and simply need to play catch-up with themselves. Not only are they about to release more Movie figures, they still have to contend with supplying proper (re)stock of the first waves again due to it selling out so fast and being hard to find for so long. Add to that, they have the Animated toys AND series to deal with, Robot Heroes, Classics 2.0, Star Wars and everything else they actively manufacture & release. Plus I would not be surprised at all if they're already in the design/planning stages for the Transformers 2 and G1 Joe movies. With the rate they've been going - with SO many of their products being in some of the highest demand that it's ever been - I'm actually surprised that we even got Masterpiece Starscream out of them when we did, heh.

I'm not implying that they're overwhelmed or anything since they obviously know what they're doing - I just think that they've perhaps created their own "perfect storm" of sorts with the TF movie being so successful and the sequel already in motion, the plans of a GI Joe movie as well as current Joe toy demand, the ongoing craze of Star Wars that never seems to die, and the holidays now right around the corner.

Either that or the world is just running out of plastic :)