Best of UK: Dinobots #2 and Art of Transformers Hardcover Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Veteran

News Credits:
    Part of a new thing we are doing here at TFW2005 will be to post a front page reminder about comics coming out on release day. The front page post will contain a link to discussion for each Transformers-related comic coming out.

This thread is for discussion of Best of the UK: Dinobots #2 and the Art of Transformers Hardcover. Go pick up the books, come back, and talk away!

Since these issues/books are reprinted materials, there shouldn't be any spoilers. However, I'll still give the standard warning. SPOILERS AHOY!

2. Ondoher Prime

Ondoher Prime "And then..?"

anyone picked up the art of TFs hardcover? i'm interested to pick it up, but if the bonus sketches isn't enough to compensate for the reprints, i might pass it up instead...

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I didn't pick it up but I skimmed through it at my LCS. Its a well done book, but if you have most of the IDW trades or issues/arcs, you might not need it, as you probably already have most of it. The bonus sketches I saw were a few from the Ascending, the Stormbringer character designs from the tpb and single issues, lineart for some of Su's Escalation covers, and Nick Roche's lineart for his alternate covers and Spotlight pieces.

From what you said however, I think you might want to pass on it. Most of the sketches included are ones you have probably seen before, or even own already in the other books.