Transformers The Movie Score Promo CD

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by walruslaw, Sep 12, 2007.

1. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    not too sure this has been posted or not but there is a 30 minute promo CD for the 2007 movie at the moment containing 11 tracks from the upcoming score OST

tracklist:
    1. Bogey Approach / Under Attack / Transformers Takes Aim (3:24)
    2. Soldiers Arrive (0:32)
    3. Camaro On The Run (2:50)
    4. Skorpinok (3:36)
    5. Pink Bike Pursuit (0:52)
    6. Are You Ladies Man 217 ? (1:26)
    7. Autobots To The Rescue (1:20)
    8. When Feds Attack / Bumblebee Captured (3:48)
    9. Hoover Dam (0:50)
    10. Stumble Bumble (1:57)
    11. Soldiers Retreat / Take The Cube / Megatron Vs Optimus (3:56)
    12. No Sacrifice, No Victory (4:03)
    13. Sam Our Hero (2:28)

more info can be found at http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/disco_detail.php?id=714

also in a totally unrelated matter There is a DVD set of transformers Cybertron Availible on ebay atm. just recieved my copy in the post and its complete and in DVD quality and it comes in a cool box. heres a link
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Transformers-...QihZ007QQcategoryZ617QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

prob the best £35 iv ever spent on Transformers DVD

on the box of the dvd set is the link to the distributers website. you can find info on the set here http://www.tsgroup.com.sg/animation/Transformers.htm

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Oooooohhh... if that hits stores, I'm so gonna get that!

3. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nice ! :) 

4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Eh, I'm confused, is this a different score from the one announced for October?

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dammit, that DVD set is SICK!!!, I need a Pal player. I loved the Cybertron Series.

6. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    the sets in ntsc and is region 3 so ull need a multi region player also the cd is a promo for the one to be released in october but only contains 11 of the tracks

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  7. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    Which 2 tracks are different then?

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That CD link doesn't work for me, unless it's getting slammed.

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    im almost as excited about this score as i am for Halo 3!!!

10. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    good stuff, too bad on the dvd end that I don't have a multi-region player, I do have a burner that will strip the region thingy from it, but I don't want to hassle with that crap...again.

11. DeadCaL

DeadCaL Member

I wish they'd get someone different to do scores for these films, some of those tracks were indistinguishable from Pirates of the Caribbean, and other films. None of those preview tracks seem to jump out to me. Oh well.

12. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    But they are different people. Steve Jablonsky did TF. Hans Zimmer did Pirates. Actually, IIRC Klaus Badelt did the first Pirates.
    As for these previews... upon hearing each bit I immediately see the scene it goes with in front of me.

13. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Though I did not notice it while watching the movie, now that I listen to the tracks without the pictures and sound, I do hear a lot of Pirates and Batman Begins. That's not a problem, however, as I was a fan of those soundtracks as well.

14. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It's because Hans Zimmer is a very prolific composer, and Steve Jablonsky's work is greatly influenced by Zimmer.

Honestly, Jablonsky worked out better than say, John Williams' overbearing, artificially emotional scores would have worked for this movie.

I'm very aware of score soundtracks when I watch television and movies, so I know with a pretty good margin of error where those preview tracks were heard (without looking at the listing).

-Track 1 was during Blackout's attack on SOCCENT Qatar, specifically when he's attempting to hack into their server. The end of the clip is when he begins throwing burning tanks into the sky.

-Track 2 was right when the CV-22 Ospreys carrying Lennox's Ranger team land at SOCCENT Qatar
    -
    -Track 4 was heard when the Pentagon orders Strike Package Bravo to attack Scorponok, and the military lingo sequence that follows

-Track 8 was heard when Sam watches Bumblebee being frozen by Sector 7, and he runs out, pushing away the cryo-units.

-Track 9 was during the helicopter trip to Hoover Dam

And finally, I believe Track 12 was during the sequence where Megatron gets shot up by the Raptors and Lennox's men.

15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Time for some Movie Music 101:

Hans Zimmer is in charge of a company called Media Ventures (I think they changed their name recently to "Remote Control Productions," though). Media Ventures is comprised of about a dozen composers, among them Steve Jablonsky, Klaus Badelt, Zimmer himself, and a whole bunch of others. They specialize in writing music in the Zimmer-like fashion.

Media Ventures specializes in having all of their composers work on all jobs that this company receives. After a score is written, one (or sometimes two) composers receive "composer" credit. On any given movie, it's almost impossible to tell exactly what composer did the most work, but usually the one who is credited did more work than any of the other composers, but you're assured the the whole movie's music would be a group effort. It's like saying the entire office worked on a certain project, but Team Leader gets the credit.

While Steve Jablonsky might not be credited on Batman Begins, and while Zimmer isn't credited on Transformers, the both of them most assuredly did indeed work on both movies.

That is why (for example) you might have noticed that the Pirates of the Carribean theme is basically a note-for-note copy of the Gladiator theme, or why the Batman Begins theme isn't all that different from the Crimson Tide theme, or why the Crimson Tide theme sounds like the theme from The Rock...

This is also why (for example) Klaus Badelt is credited as sole composer in Pirates 1, and Hans Zimmer is sole credited composer for Pirates 2 and 3. It's not that the composers changed, it's just that (I'm totally making up these statistics here) maybe Klaus Badelt wrote 10 minutes of music for Pirates 1 whereas everyone else wrote 5 minutes, but maybe in Pirates 2 Zimmer wrote 11 minutes and Klaus wrote 10.

Zimmer brings this style of composing to pretty much every movie he works on, including, yes, Transformers. If you look at Batman Begins' credited composers, you see Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and about half a dozen other guys worked on this movie. Look at IMDB's page for "The Rock" and you'll find practically a dozen composers. That's not a typo. If a movie is credited (solely) to Hans Zimmer, Steve Jablonsky, Klaus Badelt, Nick Glennie-Smith, etc, it's a safe bet that all of them collaborated on the score.

Some of the Media Ventures composers have branched out and started their own successful music careers. John Powell, for example, composed X Men 3 all by himself (to my knowledge, anyway). On the other side of the coin, many people dislike Zimmer for basically taking credit and leaving 10 other guys completely uncredited for work they've done.

So if I had to guess, I'd say that Steve Jablonsky wrote some the music on this soundtrack, but like all of Media Ventures' work, it is most assuredly a group collaboration where maybe Steve wrote 15 minutes, and everyone else wrote 10 minutes.

16. Subria

Subria Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well rather FFN, Jablonsky started out working for Zimmer, and still does a lot of related work due to their old Media Ventures/ Remote Control connections. Not sure how you can say how Williams would have done, since he never had a shot at it. Williams is known for writing with an carefully constructed and evolving thematic style. It'd have been interesting to hear but I have the feeling the film would have gone Zimmer's way, if he had not already been busy with Pirates3. Zimmer might have overseen some of the work that Jablonksy was doing, but the Pirates, and then followed by the Simpsons film would have meant he'd have not had that much to do with the Transformers score.

Jablonksy, John Powell, Klaus Badelt, Trevor Rabin, Newton Howard all hail from the MV side...

17. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I meant from the typical style of William's work. I have not enjoyed his work of late (particularly the SW prequels), and I don't think he would have been suited to Transformers.

18. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree - Williams doesn't do militaristic (sp) music well. Perhaps a bit here & there (like Emperor's Theme in SW:ROtJ).

I think that the orchestral score, as I heard it, fit TF just perfectly. My faves are the "march" during the Soccent scene, and the Autobot meteor/intro theme.

19. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Nice find.

How were these promo CD's distributed? Did they go to bigwigs and/or retailers...?

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    :thumb