Predictions/Wants for Botcon 2008

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by gen1fan, Jul 26, 2007.

1. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    what would you like to set as next years botcon set

this tread was on another board but i thought it was that good of any idea to bring it to this board.

what would be sweet is them using the alt line. I know what most of you are think that I'm crazy cause most people did their custom for the line. The mold was made for the alt Megatron as a Cadillac Escalade but was never made, and how main can be made with the molds that are out and new heads.

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I was to put a bet on what they use for next years set I’m putting my money on movie toys. Not that I necessarily want them to be movie toys, but that’s my guess.

3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I don't think that the main movie toys will be done, since FP would also have to licence with the auto manufacturer.

I think we'll get another round of Classics with a bit of Cybertron thrown in. Unless we get the first round of Animated very early.

4. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s a good point, I forgot about that.

5. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Could be said of Alts, too?

As far as figs, could be Cyb/Classics (not my first choice), or it could be more mix-and-match like "Descent Into Evil", possibly Wreckers related? Who knows?

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Was this ever established? I heard Aaron confirm that the color scheme we saw was legitimate, but I never heard about a mold being completed. And aksmth's point about licensing would apply to Alts as well as movie toys.
    I'd also rather see the line of Classics toys continued, also with some Cybertron thrown in. Too many great character opportunites (repaints AND remolds). I want it even more now that we know the series as a whole will be continued.

7. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I don't. Since BotCon is likely to be Fall 08 (?), there's little to no time advantage in getting Classics as expensive BotCon figures. Making them store exclusive or whatever to pad out the line would be nicer, right? A bot can wish, right? :D 

8. DON

DON Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I suggested movie figures with G1-esque head remolds, but they said they cant:p 

9. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

I like to see in the near future a five piece Classics/Timelines set that's an homage to the unnamed seekers from G1. It would be Sunstorm(if they haven't made, the two other seekers that was with him in MTMTE Part 1, that that Onslaught colored one, and that white one from FFoD.

10. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want a Tigatron boxset:

TM2 Cheetor as Tigatron
    Night Slash Cheetor as Night Slash Tigatron
    BM Cheetor as Beast Machines Tigatron
    Supreme Cheetor as Supreme Tigatron

Tigatron needs to make sure no one touches his "Most ever Botcon exclusives made for one character"

11. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hello All!

If I remember this correctly, none of the Movie toys can be used. It is not because of the individual licenses with auto manufacturing, but with Paramount itself. Hasbro can shoot out as many recolors as they please, but FP is up the creek as to getting licensing for them. Well, maybe for now. Never know what the future may bring.

As for BC08 stuff, possibly more Classic stuff would be nice. Since the line will be starting up again with Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, maybe Glyph and Tap Out would make it as Exclusives. Also, the response to Leader/Super Class exclusives received some great overall reaction in the Roundtable this year.

Of course, if one wanted to do more G1 homage toys, there are many from Armada, Energon, and Cybertron to pick from. I liked the Cyb. Armorhide as Huffer this year and Cyb. Vector Prime as Alpha Trion, so seeing other homage characters is always a welcome.

Some picks of mine- Cyb. Leader Prime or Arm. Prime as RiD Scourge, Energon Omega Supreme is G1 colors (yeah, this one is a WAY long shot, but I have always liked Omega), Cyb. Defense Scattorshot in G1 Onslaught colors. These would be expensive, I know. Dreams of mine, but you never know.

Galvatro

12. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    We should get those unproduced Titiniams we saw at Hasbro as a boxset. Nuff said.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    What would I like to see in next year's Botcon set?
    FIVE TOTALLY DIFFERENT MOULDS AGAIN.
    This year's set was nice but 3 of basically the same thing, after the imaginative tour-de-force that was the 2006 set, made it a massive disappointment for me.

14. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fingers crossed for another Classic Bumblebee repaint.

Some that would be way good is maybe as a give away, or sold like the Alpha-Trion set would be a G1 style replacement head for Classic Cliffjumper.

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't really see more repaints/remolds of Bumblebee or the seeker jets. Not to say there aren't some good ideas for them, but it's still like saying "Hey that was great! Now do more of the same thing!". So far FP appears to avoid repeating mold uses for exclusives (from year to year) anyway, which I support. If I were to guess, I'd bet on another "story-themed" set similar in concept to the 2005 one, with a mix of some unlicensed movie toys (if usable) and older lines. An interesting idea might be to have movie toys be on one side and the more blocky-lookin' toys on the other, as a conflict between different types or eras of TF technology, or something like that.

16. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

A combiner.

17. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Classic Sunstorm?

18. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Seconded, and was one of my hopes this year. Maybe a Club Exclusive ala Astrotrain? I would think that this pivotal character will be made sometime, but I have a feeling that maybe a Wreckers set could be in the works. With FP continuing the story, it may be a nobrainer regardless of my last posting of my some of my picks.

Galvatro

19. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I would love to see the later G1 decepticon figures get a set, as they really haven't gotten a lot of love over the years.

Box set:
    Big Figure: If they're using Leader class molds, Cybertron Megatron would make a perfect Thunderwing, just give him a new head.
    Deluxe slot 1: I could see TM2 Scourge making for a good Bugly, as could Manterror.
    Deluxe slot 2: It'd be nice to see a proper Bludgeon of some sort, with a remolded head (though I know we already have the Armada repaint). Classics tank Megatron could serve nicely as the mold, as would Cybertron Unicron.
    Deluxe slot 3: Galaxy force Sideways(Noise Maze) could make for a lovely Mindwipe.

Show exclusive set 1:
    Deluxe figure: The Classics Dinobot mold would make a nice Snapdragon. (as would TM Megatron or E Cruellock)
    Basic Figure: Energon cruellock as Skullcruncher would be snazzy.

Show exclusive set 2:
    Voyager Figure: E Mirage as Submarauder. (Remolded head)
    Deluxe/Basic figure: Corahda or BM Night Viper Could make for a snazzy Squeezeplay.

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    God no.