Bumblebee & the Allspark

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fernbern, Jul 14, 2007.

1. fernbern

fernbern Well-Known Member

Just saw the movie for the 4th time. One thing dawned on me. When Bumblebee lost his legs, why didn't he use the Allspark to repair himself. After all, Frenzy's head made it to the Allspark, and his body was regenerated.
    Doug

2. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

He was probably preoccupied with getting it away from the Decepticons.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I agree. It would have probably taken some time for allspark to reconstruct his legs, and I think the energy emissions would have alerted the Decepticons were the allspark was at the moment, sorta like a beacon.

4. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

It also would have turned him into evil maniac Bumblebee. Did you guys miss the thread that had a Q&A with the head writer? He brought this up.. raw Allspark power corrupts any entity with which it comes into contact. That's why the Xbox, the Nokia, and Dispensor were evil. Frenzy was already evil and corrupted, so he didn't care. It's like getting hooked on morphine or something. Good for specific things, but in the long term it will seriously fuck you up.

It's the same reason he didn't use it to heal his voice processor. The negative effects would have far outweighed the positive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Yea I figured as much. I guess its basically the same as energon, to much of it and youll be verwhelmed. But it would be cool to see a corupted BB....hint hint a cliff jumper maybe??

That aside I like how they made it to do evil things instead of good because...well it has the power to creat life right...which means its like a pandora's box. It creates life but in the process, allows for it to be destroyed...I like it...hope it makes a great deal of appearences in Transformers 2.

6. liechentron

liechentron Well-Known Member

ok for those of you guys whom don't know didly about Cadlilacs, in the movie you notice that just certain accesories in the escalade attack the whores/chicks in the vechile, well on an escalade tehre are a number don't ask me how many cause there;s a shit load on them these days that are run by a computer. and that is why just the Airbag was shown in the movie and a few in the backgrowned in that clip. ........ long story shor Caddy's are known to have more computers the the space shuttle.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I cant make sense of your post.

8. liechentron

liechentron Well-Known Member

there are multiple computers in the caddys so thats why the vehicle did turn into a robot itself just the small stuff.

9. bushboy

Because it was more fun to get rid of something inside of it first.

10. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Well it fixed his vocal processors. The thing about the Allspark is that there's a process to it. When it brought the machines to life, it was a quick fix, and they were created sparkless and mad. Rebuilding an already existing body is different than creating life as much as bending a broken limb is different than giving birth.

11. bushboy

I think I read an interview that said Ratchet's laser healed Bumblebee's voice, it just had a delayed effect.

12. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I'm a little lost here though. Wasn't it the Allspark that gave ALL of the Transformers life? Why is it now that the Allspark will only create evil TFs when it was responsible for giving the good natured Autobots their sparks in the first place?

13. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

What Bushboy said. It wasn't the Allspark, it was Ratchet's regenerative laser that he treated Bumblebee with during the first meeting with the Autobots. It started a slow healing process that enabled him to spit out a few lines at the end. The writers admit that it wasn't very clear in the film what Ratchet was doing, but it does explain why Bumblebee reacted the way he did to the treatment. He wouldn't have started "coughing" if it was just a diagnostic tool as I had first thought when I first saw it.

If you watch the scenes with the Allspark again, you'll notice that Bumblebee never received a "blast" of raw energy from the cube the way Frenzy did. In fact, you'll see that he's wary of them when he's shrinking the cube down, jerking his hand away when it flashes, in order to avoid being contaminated by them.

It didn't. The cube created Cybertron, and it was Cybertron that created the TFs. The Allspark was the original source of the energy, but it never created any of the TFs by direct contact the way they were created in the film. That's the "wrong" way to create TFs, that's not how any of the real TFs were created.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fernbern

fernbern Well-Known Member

BB and Allspark

So if Allspark is corruptive, how did the Autobots come to be? I know this is fantasy, but there should be some redeeming aspect of the Allspark. (yeah, the same can be said of Vector Sigma).
    Doug

15. nYcet824

nYcet824 The Chosen One

So how did the real TFs ca, to be then?

16. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    eh, he just wanted to mack it with megan. bumbles pimp like that.

17. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I read somewhere that since all the tech on earth came from the frozen Megs, that therefore, all the tech on earth would inherently become evil if it came in contact with the allspark. I don't have the source to quote, but if that is true, then it isn't the allspark creating only mindless/evil stuff, its just that everything on earth would turn out bad...seems to me that the Transformers on Cybertron would then have been created "neutral"? and developed into autobots and decepticons. Doesn't Prime say at the beginning of the movie that they had a peaceful society for a long time, until some wanted power for their own sake? If I am remotely correct (probably not, though eh?) then the allspark could've rejuvenated BB without any negative side effects.

All in all, seems like just another plot hole, but who cares, I loved the movie just the same :D 

• Like Like x 1
  18. nYcet824

nYcet824 The Chosen One

who knows man...who knows....:confused: 

19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Ah, silly plotholes...it wouldn't be Transformers without them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, the writer CLAIMED that Ratchets little healing ray he shot at BB takes time to work its magic and it finally kicked in at the end. Of course the writer seemed like he loved pulling stuff out of his ass so I wouldn't smell that information if I were you.

EDIT: I actually replied to this post under the false impressions that it was the end of the thread so far, but it was only the end of the first page and 8000 other people already said this. Oops.