Unleashed Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by BeastWars 4ever, Jun 28, 2007.

1. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I couldn't find a thread about this figure, so I'm starting one.

The Positive: First off, let me just say how GREAT this toy is! Honestly, it's fricken fantastic! The detail is far better than any Masterpeice figure that Takara has under their belt. This looks like it's straight from the movie. Hasbro didn't cheap out on the paint apps. Infact, they went all out. Just take a close look at his eyes and see how precise the paint is applied. The car he is standing on looks great, and a clever paint job makes it look scared and beat to hell. Btw, this toy has the coolest packaging of any Transformers toy ever made!

The Negative: Paint apps, while excellent, are in some places a little bit sloppy, but not bad at all. Really, this barely merits mentioning. The bad news is this: It doesn't move....AT ALL. Nothing swivels, nothing turns...nothing. Which...you guessed it...means he doesn't transform. Which if you were expecting it to, you probably have no idea what this toy even is.

Overall: 4.5/5
    This toy is the future of TFs. If Hasbro can find a way to get this much detail into a trasnformable toy, they won't be able to keep these things on the shelves. And considering the detail on the current transformable toys, the next step will most definantly be transformable toys of this calliber. Basicly this figure is a plastic statue, a very, very awesome statue. This was clearly made for the fans, and will be a great display peice. It will steal any true fan's heart, and make any child turn away in disgust.

2. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

Great review, and from it I shall conclude that:

Statue = not a toy

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Exactly, whoever buys this with the intent to play, is a ******.

However, mine had no paint defects, so I give it 5/5!

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yup. not a toy. neat...not a toy thing tho.

blame inaction figures on mcfarlane :p 

5. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Anybody have comparison pics with MP Prime?

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I really want one of these to go on the shelf, and with the packaging design much the same as the Star Wars Unleashed figures, he will display fine in box.
    I may just get him yet.

7. nintendofreakgc

nintendofreakgc Bumblebee fan

Well, this is what I started my new Transformers collection with (the only thing I've got at present, but that should change on Monday), and I'm very glad I bought it. Utterly brilliant design and details - it really looks like it was lifted straight from the movie. I love that wrecked-car base, too.

Paint application seems to be a bit off in places, but I should be able to fix it up (although mixing up the right shade of yellow for one bit is going to be tricky). Still, minor issues overall.

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Just to point out. While looking at my UL BB, I noticed the tires on his back, and the tires on the base. Now the Concept Camaro is big! So he must be standing on a SUV, or a really big car!

Just a thing I noticed, he's still awesome.

9. nintendofreakgc

nintendofreakgc Bumblebee fan

That just makes him even manlier, so no arguments from me about that detail.

Just a question on colouring (sorry I don't have a picture to go with this, I don't own a digital camera): is the plastic panel on the gun supposed to be yellow? Mine just looks like unpainted plastic.

If you can't figure out what part I'm talking about, have the statue as posed in the box, and look at the gun. There should be a smallish panel on the gun that's a different colour. The image on the back of the box shows it as yellow, but on my statue (as well as the only image I've seen on the internet) it just looks like unpainted plastic. Is this normal, and which is actually closer to the movie?

Again, sorry for the lack of pictures.

10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The panel in question should not be yellow, however, his gun is missling the forearm guard found on the left arm. My guess is, his gun was still being finalized when the statue was made.