Botcon 2007 - Botcon 2007 Hasbro Tour Updated Friday at 12:45pm

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Use this thread to discuss Botcon 2007 - Botcon 2007 Hasbro Tour Images and Information.

Full Botcon 2007 gallery here: Botcon 2007

Sol here! Just got back from the Hasbro tour. An immense amount of information for you, so I'll keep it to the highlights:

- Movie Pre-production table - lots and lots of stuff on show. You got to see the process where they started out from and what the went through in the evolution. Interesting note for some of you who like to collect the Movie cast - Arcee and Wreckage were originally in the Movie (Wreckage started life as Stryker)

- Larger Robot Heroes may be coming! Suggested may be a redone, larger Unicron and also a Devastator!

- Some new pre-production Movie toys were shown - A Blackout redeco in orange and white (tentatively named Evac) and a new mold Osprey (VERY cool). Also a new Legends toy was shown in vehicle mode - Ironhide.

- Alternators as a series started out in the US - it was initially developed as a concept by Hasbro then suggested to Takara as a possible line.

- Initially, the Movie TFs did not talk. Hasbro pushed for it. Same with the windows on Prime's chest and Cullen.

- There was a table of test shots shown showing the evolution of the process after the paint masters - Payload was there in vehicle mode, Leader Brawl in both modes, Recon Barricade final packaged sample.

- Masterpiece Starscream is a Wal Mart exclusive for release in fall. A prototype in mock up packacking (very early) was shown.

- Mockups for the Military Alternators were shown - never got any further than mockups made of spare parts.

- Titaniums (6 inch) are going on indefinate hiatus. The five named in the leaflet are still shipping (WW Prowl, Grimlock, etc) but Arcee, Cosmos, WW Bumblebee, WW Cliffjumper and Shockwave are not happening. Prototypes were shown though and they were very nice.

- Prototype of Porsche Alternator Jazz was shown.

- Foam prototype of a very different Energon Prime trailer was shown.

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So awesome!

New Toy Info to start:
    -Blackout redeco with remolded head, hands, and lifeboat/gun instead of Scorponok. Autobot. White, black, orange, and blue. Name is EVAC.

-New Decepticon Osprey voyager. No known name.

-Movie Legends Ironhide.

-6inch Titanium G1 Arcee, G1 Shockwave, Classics Cosmos, and another one (WW Bumblebee?) that are CANCELLED, along with the 6inch Titanium line. At least, that's what Eric said.

-Other things in the "never being released" cabinet included a MUCH larger Energon Prime trailer with a few more features (transforms into a cross-shaped base, could spring-fire the vehicles), halloween TM Terrorsaur (they didn't know what happened to it, it was before Eric's time started 5 years ago), A REAL-LIFE TOXITRON, RiD Defensor (the aborted OTFCC exclusive), short Alt Smokescreen, Porsche Alt Jazz, and some kitbash-mockups of a tank Alt and jet Alt (with GI Joe's for scale).

-Tons of movie design pics, including Arcee redesigns, Ratchet's old design (with twin swords!), buckethelmet-y Megatron, WRECKAGE, many Prime head and body designs.

-Some behind-the-scenes footage for the movie, with a ton of animatics.

-A bigass room full of toys from throughout the years from various lines, along with several Ultimate Bumblebees and a neat Leader MoviePrime/Award display.

-Free Pepsi product and Lay's. :D 

And lots more I can't recall right at the moment. XD I loved it. And I won a TFTM '07 beachball!

3. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    So Titanium War Within Grimlock is still coming right? That's better

4. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Titaniums cancelled!?! That sucks. Well, at least WW Prowl and WW Grimlock are still coming, but I guess I can kiss a WW Smokescreen repaint goodbye. Oh, well.

5. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On the reason behind that wave not being put out:

Eric basically said that no retailers wanted it. That more or less was the biggest reason.

6. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Wow, thanks for all the info, guys. Everything sounds awesome, except the news of 6-inch Titaniums going on indefinite hiatus or getting canceled. :cry 

7. Taka-Tahu-Nuva

Taka-Tahu-Nuva Optimus who?

That Blackout remold is so ugly in those colors...

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Wow,They saw The Alt.Porsche Jazz. 0.o

9. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh!! At the prototype table, there was also redeco Barricade and what appeared to be a DELUXE MEGATRON in red plastic.

*edit*

nevermind, it was the FAB. :lol 

10. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    It's a darn pity that the 6' are canceled. but considering we could never find them on shelves it doesn't shock much. And having them avaiable to online retailers and HASBROtoyshop.com wouldn't make them enough dough I figure.

11. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Yeah, no kidding!

Were you guys able to take pics of this stuff? If so, I can't wait to see the Alt Porsche Jazz. :p 

12. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Love the OPSPREY, despite the vaguely silly hands.
    I want my Leader BRAWLASTATOR in the original green thanks, but the tan version looks decent.

13. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, the frount page says MP Screamer is a TRU exclusive, but the top post says its a Walmart exclusive. Anyone know what one it it?

14. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want every single one of those Titaniums. I hope that they get released somehow in some way one day. Plastic, metal, online, at stores, I don't care. I just want them.

15. Red04Cobra

Red04Cobra Well-Known Member

Dangit, I loved the 6 inch titaniums. I have every one released at retail with the exception of the first Megatron. Shockwave and Cosmos were my two must haves, and I guess we're screwed on those, along with Cosmos for a second time.

16. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I heard Target.

17. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Shockwave and Arcee were must haves for me.

Quite disappointed at this.

Although OTOH, here's hoping they make it into another line. Classics part 2, PLEASE??? Or even a new Unverse line?

18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I gotta say, I'm GLAD the 6-in. Titaniums are being cancelled. While the line has a few decent figures in it, there are a LOT of duds, too. More than the average TF line. The engineering and quality-control are just not up to snuff. And their distribution (or lack thereof) is ridiculous.

I would much rather see those resources devoted to other, more deserving lines.

And hey, at least WW Skywarp is still coming out... depsite my general dislike for the line, I would have been disppointed if it didn't at least yield a complete set of WW Seekers (the best mold in the line, in my opinion).

19. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Well, the disappointing thing is that the prototyped but unreleased molds will never see the light of day..

20. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    yeah, which place is getting Starscream, Walmart or TRU, confusing!