TFTM '07 - Deluxe Dreadwing

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Jun 4, 2007.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    ALTERNATE MODE

Sleek looking jet that has some undercarriage. Rolls on little wheels located on the center "beam" (legs), so it looks a bit like a jet rolling on a cylinder. Flames-missiles are the best looking ones I've seen so far. Nosecone is made of rubber.

TRANSFORMATION

Not super complex but still challenging. Coolest part is when the chest splits in 2 to reveal some clear parts that sorta spring forward (chest vents spring forward a bit too). There's a 2nd set of fins located on the wings, they just swing out, not sure why they're there though, but fun little extra step. Also, on the head, tiny ear pieces extend on both sides of the cockpit, and then you rotate them to finish the head.

ROBOT MODE

Weird looking (like the other drones) with short (but decently poseable) legs, long arms and strange head. You can still get him to take cool poses, the feet are pretty stable. Arms are a bit tricky to pose since the articulation is a bit weird in the elbow area. Head is on a ball joint, shoulders and elbows too. Waist turns. Legs have joints at the hips, upper legs and knees. They can't swivel though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PROS

-deco
    -decent looking seeker
    -unique head design
    -decent poseability

CONS

-undercarriage in seeker mode
    -odd proportions in robot mode
    -no hands
    -waist area

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate it when you do this, dude. Why not just post after you have the pics?

It makes me anxious! :lol 

3. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Yay!! I'm so excited to see him!! I agree with Onesock!! Why do you mock me so!?!?

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    He's got "pass me over" written all over him to me. Reminds me too much of Armada Thrust in a BAD way. His jet mode is pretty dang cool, though.

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    A few pics added.

6. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

He looks excellent, way better than Armada Thrust.

As always you supply the pics and bring discussion to the design. Thnx, and I look forward to your further input.

7. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I'm a fan of Armada THRUST, so this figure is working for me. Amazing that a few extra pictures can swing me from 'indifferent' to 'like'.
    The robot pose image is way better than the official one. Not a brilliant TF, but fun.

8. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Not the best deluxe ever, but your robot mode pic does indeed make him look nice & threatening. I like the jet mode, I like the color, and I liked Armada Thrust...I will pick this guy up.

9. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm in the same camp here. (Granted, it was unlikely that I wouldn't buy him, since I tend to buy almost anything that's a new mold.) But you've really sold him here with that excellent pose.

The "ears" totally make the head for me. They weren't flipped around on the pics we saw previously.

10. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

i'll wait untill i see him in the uk, but he isn't officially going on my to buy list.

11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Good God. That is awesome. Nowhere near as bad looking as the previous box pics on ebay! This looks good! Looks to have the longer flaps that the....MIG-33 has! Its a MIG-33!(Carrier MIG-29K that India will be getting).

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Robot mode looks decent, head looks cool, I am a fan of the chest. Good idea using the afterburner flames as missles.

I can deal with the proportions, the jet mode looks great. Only dissapointment? I wish the hinges weren't purple, but black. Or even grey.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Wow, it's amazing what a decent pose can do for a figure. I was going to buy it anyway, but it was definiteely going to be relegated to the 'back of the group' on the shelf...the jet mode looks awesome, and the articulation is much better than I originally though. I'll actually look forward to getting this guy now:thumb 

13. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I've really warmed up to Dreadwing.

What the hell is wrong with me?!?! Did Hasbro implant some sort of chip in my brain?!?!?

14. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

From the backside he looks like Snoopy :lol 

Well I think so anyway...

15. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

pretty cool ill prob get all three , what we really need is a supreme class starscream to match the toys size of vehicles that would be cool

16. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I'm thinking he's based off of a conceptual drawing of a MiG-29K or something, as his flaps and ailerons don't match any real MiG-29 at all. It's as if you described to someone how the MiG-29K differs from a standard one, and they made a model off of that description with no photos to reference.

H.stabs are just weird, can't really explain those. (And with the h.stabs being another "standard vs K" difference, they also don't match the real thing---but aren't TOO far off of some concepts)

So in summary---much like Energon Thundercracker is clearly a Flanker, but not any specific/real kind----Dreadwing is a MiG-29, possibly a Naval variant---but even less realistic or specific than Thundercracker.

17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Arcee you mean?

18. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

He could be thinking of armada thrust.

19. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    actually i've changed my mind about him...i will be getting him

20. Prowlus

Prowlus resident goldfish

With Hasbro designing all these Warsaw pact derived aircraft like the Su-35(Thundercracker) , An-225 (cybertron Jetfire) , Yak-141(Armada Thrust) in their bots , wonder whats next after the Fulcrum? Maybe the Chengdu J-10?