Spider-Man 3 ROCKED!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matrix Soul, May 2, 2007.

1. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Just got back from the Marvel premiere, and I have to say, for the 2nd sequel, this movie was incredible, I highly recommend all of you webheads to go out and see it as soon as it's released!

2. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

how similar was the venom suit to the comic? did it turn into clothes and stuff?

3. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Venom is not that similar to the comics. I think they did it well he's not too bulky not yet but it suits Venom just fine because its his first appearance in the movie. Those guys did a very good job on Venom especially with Sandman. Watch it! Best Trilogy so far hands down to Spider-man!

4. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    I thought Venom was closer to the comic version than I've anticipated, after seeing the toys, I'd have to say that venom looks tons better! got the trademark ear to ear grin for sure, was just little not used to hear it talking, I've always pictured a deeper voice

5. anubis

anubis she who lurks in shadows

damn. now I need to save more money if I want to see all this awsome summer movies. oh well, lucky for me I had prepared for this one. XD hopefully if things go well, I'll be seeing it on friday. :D 

6. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This movie was AMAZINGLY well done! Just got back from the 8 PM show tonight. Just... wowie ^_^

Matrix, who do you know that you managed to get into this?

7. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    I'm a freelance colorist for Marvel and DC :) 

8. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I just got back myself from the movie myself.

Some good, some bad...over all a solid movie.
    Venom was well done IMO.

Not sure if they can make another though...

9. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Bah, damn you Matrix Soul, and damn you Zeta and your connection with Ralph Macchio. (You better be taking me on that tour of Marvel SOON!)

10. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Remind me to ask you what you thought was bad after the movie is widely released...

But Marvel doesn't do tours anymore... and I've never worked with Ralph :D 

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blast! I so regret not watching this show 2 days ago! Grrr...

12. JD

JD Well-Known Member

I just watched it...and it was bad.

I think the focus on tying everything up was this movie's main downfall. The action was good, but just about everything else went undeveloped. Characters could have been played out more, especially the two which die. And three villains really was too much. Definitely should have been spread out among movies.

13. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Really? I thought it was well developed, heck, half the film was there to develope the characters.

14. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I knew this movie would rock! Who is that guy that said it sucked?

15. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

I can't really understand why it's opening in Asia and Europe before North America. Europe I don't really have a problem with, they get a lot of stuff last, if at all, but Asia....well, I remember reading in reagrds to the TF movie that releasing it in Asia first is just asking for bootlegs.

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I saw it last night.
    I agree that it rocked, but I also think it was the weakest of the three movies.
    That is not necessarily a bad thing. I didn't say it was bad -just not as strong as the other two.

What did I love about it?
    Just about everything. The action is insane. The storyline has a lot going on in it as well. While you could focus on a particular tangent and find elements that could have been fleshed out, I think they did a good job of keeping it all together and cohesive. The story was ambitious.

What did I not like?
    **SPOILERS -TEXT IN SILVER**
    (Remember, this will show up in a quote -don't direct quote spoilers please.)
    Spider-man spends way too much time in his costume without his mask.
    Way too much time. Plus he was running around with the black suit showing under his clothes.
    The venom symbiote enhances Peter's aggression and this manifests itself as interpretive dance? Why? Honestly why did they have to do that?
    Finally, while it doesn't detract from the movie, I wonder why they made the decision to have Venom speak in the first person singular. I don't think the popcorn munchers would mind if he spoke in the first person plural and it would have made comic fans happy.
    I also think it was neat to see Gwen Stacey, but she really was nothing like her comic book character. They kind of combined MJ and Gwen in the first movie so her appearance here is more of a distraction than anything else. Again, not a detriment to the film, but her character could have been anyone.
    She is really cute though!

**SPOILERS END**
    If you read my spoilers, don't think I am saying I don't like the movie.
    I loved it -but I have my critiques.

I'm going to see it again tomorrow. :thumb 

17. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Well, here are my points...
    **Spoiler** Highlight to read
    First of all, people who said the characters are not fleshed out doesn't understand the fact that Gwen Stacy, Captain Stacy are just fan wanks, they could've been anyone and it would move the story along, they are there because it's for the fans. Spider-Man without his mask is unfortunately necessary, because most audience needs a face to connect with for the emotional scenes, and this movie has a ton of them, that whole exchange between Harry and Peter towards the end when he shows up to Pete's rescue just wouldn't be the same if they both had their masks on. As for the dance, I think it was Sam Raimi's way of doing something different, you saw a glimpse of it in Spider-Man 2 when Peter thought he lost his powers, and what better way to show Peter's personality change than that? It got a great laugh out of the audience, and mind you, the audience was all Marvel people, from editors to aritsts. I thought it was funny that when his personality changed he looked like Peter Petrelli LOL It's hard to do a Spider-Man film without multiple villans, because Spidey has such a strong rogue gallery, and it's great to see the villans work together, and see Spidey trying to deal with it all, tell me your heart didn't break when he was receiveing that beat down by the Sandman, this movie made me groan and cringe so many times, it's a movie I would not allow my son to see until he's much much older. I agree, the movie's ambitious, which is why I give Sam Raimi all the more credit to pull it off so beautifully. Oh, the scene with Bruce Campbell? tis the reason why he's got it :D 
    **End Spoiler**

yeah, so that's my 2 cents...

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Yes, B.C. was a hilarious addition to the file. :lol 

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Matrix Soul, I am not certain if you are speaking to me in particular, but I just wanted to stress that I liked it that the story was so ambitious. There was a lot going on and it had an epic feel even though there were only a few characters involved.
    **SPOILER TYPE STUFF**
    Yes, I hurt inside when Spider-man was getting pummeled by Sandman.
    And I cheered when Harry showed up to help him.
    I think Franco did a great job playing Harry.
    I will never agree with you on the dance portion though. :) 

**SPOILERS END**
    How old is your son? My son is 6 and I am considering taking him.
    I think the violence was on a par with Spider-man 2 but without anything as gruesome as the scene in the hospital when Octavius' tentacles "woke up".

20. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    My son is 6 too...He was bummed that i couldn't take him, but I told him I would see how scary it was.

I'm pretty sure that he will do fine, nothing too scary IMO.

I have to get him ready for Transformers....