Hasbro Q&A?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by thoughtcrime, Apr 25, 2007.

1. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

If any of you collect Star Wars, you might know that Hasbro holds a bi-weekly Q&A session directly with the fans, where sites can submit questions to the design team. The answers for the most part are useful and honest, without spilling too much of their future plans. They also just started doing this for the GI Joe crowd, although less frequently.

So where is the TF Q&A? I'd say we're a bigger bunch then the Joe fans (although I am also a Joe fan). I know we had Orson's world, and more recently the useless Ask Vector Prime, but I'd like to see them try a Q&A like the other ones. Who's with me?

2. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

There isn't one because Hasbro doesn't have to please SW fans the way they to please us. Why is that you ask?...Well, it because SW fans have had every possible SW figure released more than once. THere is nothing left for SW fans to ask hasbro.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Nope. A recent Activision press release for the upcoming videogame cites that TFs are the "#3 toy brand behind only GI Joe and Star Wars."

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I'm not understanding your reasoning. Because Star Wars fans HAVE ever figure they ever need and dont have any questions to ask Hasbro, thats why they DO have a Q&A? TF Fans DONT have a Q&A because we still have questions?

5. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

The simplest way to know is to write Hasbro a mail to ask them why.

But yeah, I do get the impression GI Joe is more popular as a toy brand.

6. smkspy

Yep, all TF fans will do in Q&As is constantly ask for toys we will never see. The only thing SW fans haven't gotten is a giant Death Star.

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Funny thing is they're finally getting a fair-sized one, but it's going to be a SWTF.

8. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SW fans do the same damn thing. Every week, those Q&A's are full of questions about the same reissued vehicles, like the cloud car, or why Hasbro hasn't made their favorite EU figure.

Stupid questions or not, I'd like to see a TF Q&A. Anything has gotta be better than that stupid Ask Vector Prime thing Hasbro had on their website. Maybe someone should ask Vector Prime why there is no Q&A?

9. smkspy

Oh I agree completely, I just think a TF Q&A would have tons more of those questions, and Hasbro is probably alittle sick of them.

10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats only because distribution is crap and tfs are more expensive.

don't they do one at Botcon?

if i could ask a question it would be why the uk doesn't get full transformer lines and why they arrive later than anywhere else so they decide to end the line early and then don't start the new line for a good long time

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Did everyone forget the Q&A section Hasbro had during the run of Energon? Was the first confirmation for Alternators Meister's name, among other things.

12. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro does do some Q&A at each Botcon, with rather good quality ever since Aaron Archer and the other bigwigs started coming along.

I -think- questions about international distribution (UK and Canada included) have been asked before, often is a case where the US folks really don't have a say in terms of the other-country Hasbro branches.

13. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Even that doesn't work. I emailed Hasbro over a week ago and asked them a question, and they sent me an email saying they will respond in the order it was received. Well, here we are a week later, and still no response.

I guess this goes to show just how important to them we really are...

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Well, maybe they got 10,000 emails.

I now have a War Within Optimus Prime and Megatron.
    War Within was a comic book aimed at the adult collector with an incomplete story arc from a failed publishing house.

I think Hasbro is listening to the fans.

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    We also got Cybertron Primus--I wanted a Primus toy ever since it appeared in the Marvel comics. And the Classics line to me seems a direct response from Hasbro to fans. I know a lot of fans wanted more reissues or "modern" versions of G1 characters, and the Classics line overall has delivered the goods. With the exception of that Prime/Megs 2-pack and Cliffjumper, I have no other major complaints about the Classics line.

...well, other than some quality control issues, since I passed on three Ramjets due to poor paint aps and defects before I finally found one I wanted to buy.

I believe that we might also see some postive results within the next year from that recent Hasbro survey. Seeing that thread here how many fans mentioned the same things repeatedly (more Alts and Classics, more originals and fewer repaints/remolds, more G1 and Takara reissues in the US, more MPs), surely Hasbro will pick up on the common themes and take them into serious consideration.

Also bear in mind that fans have been wanting another quality TV series for quite some time--one largely produced in the US, rather than dubbed overseas crap. However this new "TF: Heroes" or "TF: Animated" turns out, at least a lot of the production is being done in the US. And we're sure to get some cool toys out of it too.

16. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, according to some "know it alls" the Classics line is "DEAD". Well, I disagree. I also believe the Classics line will continue, and not just be a "filler" line. After all, look at Universe? They are still coming out with figures...

17. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Since when? Last figures I saw was the Aerialbots at KB toys....and IIRC Aaron at this past Botcon said that Universe is dead, as would be Alternators this year, and that Classics was the filler line between Cybertron and the movie.

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Gijoe just got their 5 a week q/a(5 questions per site) and started this week. With transformers fans being a big fandom and with the movie potentially bringing in a ton of new fans, I would not be surprised at all if we got a tf 5q/a session per site per week. The gijoe q/a model seems to be following the star wars q/a model, and I would not be surprised if tf followed and then marvel. After all, those 4 brands encompass most of hasbro's action figure catalog.

19. murphbri

murphbri Well-Known Member

I too find it odd that after the recent announcement of a G.I. Joe Q&A (split fairly between the major fansites and the Joe Collector's Club) TFs are being left out. TFs has the Collector's Club connection, plus the big frigging movie in July, so why no love for #3 Hasbro?

This would be a good question to ask at Botcon. *makes note*

20. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, but what does he know?:rolleyes2