Thinking About Buying The Optimus Primal VS Megatron 2-pack....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Apr 17, 2007.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    I'm thinking about buying the Primal VS Megatron TRU exclusive 2-pack. I've never been into beast wars but I think the set is just awesome.

PLEASE HELP convince me to buy it!! Is it worth it? Is it as cool as it looks? Please post any gallery pics that you have of each figure. I want to see it up close before I buy it.

THANKS to anyone who posts!!

Also, How big is each figure in comparison to classics?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
  3. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're about 7 inches tall - a bit taller than Classics Prime.

Buy em. They've aged fairly well, and they're both a lot of fun.

4. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You know you wanna....

5. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Bought 'em yesterday out of frustration for not finding new alts or movie toys (not that I was even remotely expecting to see any movie toys at TRU). Optimus is pure distilled toygasm, while Megatron (once you secure all the bits that are flopping around unlocked in the package) oozes sinister coolness.

They're as cool if not cooler than they look. As for size comparisons to classics, they were Ultra class figures back in the day, so they're a sight bigger and bulkier than any of the classics, deluxe or voyager. Megs is almost a foot long from nose to tail in dino mode, while Optimus is a bulky mass of gimickry.

Get 'em!

6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're two of the most tried-and-true designs of the last decade, -very worth it-. :D 

Quite posable, interesting transformations, and Primal is -loaded- with worky bits.

7. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Far and away two of my favorite TFs of all time. I bought this set even though I have the originals (interesting story behind that), and I recommend them strongly. As Vengelus said, definitely some of the best designed figs of the last decade. I love all the weapons and gimmicks on Primal.

Go get em!!!

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    They're awesome....sturdy, poseable molds that put some more recent ones to shame...and the new heads skyrocket them into the 'muist have for any TF collector' bracket! I love mine:D 

9. TheJacker

TheJacker Banned

are they on sale at all? i have my opps in bad condition still but i never had the megs from bw. i want to buy them but dont have the 40 to shell out right now

10. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Assuming you're talking about the original Primal (ape) and Megatron (t-rex) moulds, then go for it. Primal is one of my FAVOURITE moulds of all time and is definitely worth it. I just can't seem to get enough of him. I have the original, Universe, Takara 10th anniversary, and the Takara Clear Convoy versions. So if this is the one you're talking about then it's a must have.

Megatron is also really good (not quite as good as Primal, but still way up there).

So yeah, is these are the moulds you're talking about then I say YES! Absolutely buy them. They're worth every penny and you won't regret it (unless you lose Primal's missiles in the couch cushions... that happened to my first Primal that I got back in '96 or so... the missiles fell in between the cushions and I never saw them again).

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    no, but check this thread, last post for a 5 buck off coupon....its good til saturday....

12. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

This set is awesome. Full on show accuracy, excellent poseability and the figures themselves are very very very good quality.

Primal & Megatron are full of WIN

13. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    these are 2 of the best Transformers ever made. They helped pave the way for TFs to be more posable, and even though they've been surpassed in that department, they're still surprisingly more fun than quite a few modern toys. Prime is armed to the teeth with hidden weapons everywhere, and Megatron is extremely aesthetically pleasing. Not only are they historically important, being the leaders of the Beast Wars, but they're 2 of the best figures you can own, and buying them in a boxset with new heads and paint aps just makes it a bargain. Honestly, it was one of my favorite purchases of 2006

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i bought this set months ago, but havent opened it yet...i've been waiting to finish my BW collection before i display it again, but i'm stuck at 4 figures til im done, so i think im just gonna take down cybertron, and put up my BW and open this set finally...