New Hasbro Trademark applications

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TF@TM, Mar 31, 2007.

1. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
  2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh reeeeeeeeaaally now? Interesting.

I suppose possibilites include items for "Heroes", not-on-screen movie toys, or possibly even Botcon exclusives. (exclusives go under the Hasbro trademark umbrella too, unless I'm mistaken)

3. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'd guess either Heroes, Botcon exclusives or maybe Tits?

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I'd wager on Titaniums and/or the Robot Heroes mini-figurines.

5. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

What's the point of having Slag when (to my knowledge) none of the other Dinbots beyond Grimlock are available anymore.

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Not available how?

7. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Maybe (hopefully) they're lining up Slag and the other Dynobots for the War Within titaniums since they're about to release Grimlock.

8. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They may be Classics toys. Remember that Hasbro said if the line sold real well, that they may continue it as a sideline. Kind of like Universe.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think Elita may be for the Botcon set. She is far too obscure for anything else, really.
    Question is, what mold owuld they use for her? Perhaps a remolded Prime?

10. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

***trying not to make some smark-aleck reference to Elita-1 with regard to this comment***

Seriously, those last couple are interesting - I doubt Hasbro would be renewing the trademarks if they didn't have plans for these names.

Bonecrusher probably has something to do with the movie, and Slag...hmm, could be another Dynobot thing going on there, possibly Robot Heroes, 3" Titanium or maybe a Legends repaint (not sure he's a memorable-enough stand-alone character to warrant a 6" Titanium, and no official word yet on when or if Classics will resume post-movie). Elita-1 I'm guessing would be for a possible Botcon/TFCC exclusive, as they tend to focus on more obscure characters, which have included quite a few she-bots.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, Elita-1 wouldn't make sense in the Botcon set IF the set is Classics. The Classics story is based on the US G1 comic, and there were no female Transformers. They were all genderless/male.

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    elita 1?! were getting elita 1?!!

13. TestDrive

TestDrive razzle dazzle

Wasn't slag one of those names that hasbro said they had on there next wave of classics short list?

14. Jochimus

Well, there's a first time for everything. They directly introduced the concept of female TFs into the Marvel UK comic for Arcee. Plus there's this from Wikipedia:

Now, I myself don't remember ever hearing about this statement being retracted at all, and Wiki is not always the best source for concrete information. But even so, just 'cause Furman says something (or whoever it was that originally made this comment), doesn't automatically mean Hasbro's gonna back it up.

B'sides, even if they DID give us a Classics repaint as Elita-1, she wouldn't necessarily have to originate FROM the Marvel U.S. G1/G2 timeline to facilitate the use of a Classics mold; in the Botcon/TFCC comics, TF characters have jumped through alternate realities rather frequently, often sporting body templates used by other TFs in alternate timelines. Heck, right now in the Marvel US/Classics continuity we've got two transplants with "Energon"-repaint bodies running around.

Of course, that shouldn't be cause to presume that that's where any of this is headed - for all we know, Slag could end up being a Decepticon flamethrower tank in "Heroes" and Elita-1 could be a dune buggy in a Classics Minicon 3-pack. My theories are based mostly on Hasbro's most recent history of re-using G1 names, which lately seem to have gotten closer in some regards to the likenesses they originated with.

15. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Maybe Elita-1 would be an Override or Thunderblast repaint?

16. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I wish these would be classics

17. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

I can totally see them (BotCon/TFCC) doing the Thunderblast repaint for Elita-1.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nah It's better to use The Override Mold because People use The Arcee mold for Elita 1 andCybertron Override looks a bit simmilar in way so I Always thought of Cybertron Override = Elita 1

I'm Happy now we need is An Actual Alpha trion out of V.P and were done

19. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

They need to stop using the Override mold, with its broad shoulders and narrow hips for female characters. It's one of the most masculine looking figures they've come out with in recent years.

Seems to me we've seen listings for Arcee figures for the movie. If there really is going to be a movie Arcee figure, Elita 1 could end up being a repaint of that.

20. Jochimus

Weird thing about that is, there's been both Scout and Deluxe versions of Arcee listed, and the list of Scout figures for the movie reads like another mess of Omincon mold releases (Skyblast, Signal Flare, etc.). However, she's apparently the only name in the Scout class that's also listed in the Deluxe class. Given this, I would hope Hasbro wouldn't re-use the Override mold for the Deluxe version, as they keep espousing their wariness to cause confusion marketing the line for the movie to the casual buyer, and having Arcee changed from a motorcycle to a car in the same line would definitely be confusing.

Actually, Arcee is IN the first issue of the prequel comic, and if my guess is right that creature in the middle of the wraparound cover art who's built like an Amazon is her:
    [​IMG]

I can see where you could get the Energon mold out of that, but WTF will the Deluxe be?