Where can I buy this Gundam model kit?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LigerPrime, Mar 8, 2007.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Happened to go through dalong.net when I saw this kit:

http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/ml12/ml12_p.htm

Its a Master Grade One Year War Gundam with "mutiple" armour colours and since I can't paint a kit, this kit would be a ideal for me. However, I believe this kit to be an exclusive (especially after seeing the packaging) so I was hoping if someone could tell me where I could buy it online?

2. agravlin

agravlin Bearer of Reason

Wow, that's freakin' awesome. I wonder if he comes with all of those weapons.

I'm sure he's one of those gajillion-dollar Gundam models that I'll never afford. *sigh*

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It is not an exclusive. According to the box and google, it's some kind of lucky draw, limited to 1000. It's "Kunio Okawara illustration" version :) 
    I found this Yahoo jp auction (ended), if this gives you an idea for the price. Good luck!
    http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d68966118

edit, wrong link.

4. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Whoa! Thanks SydneyY! I would definately buy it but I have no idea how to communicate with the seller as I have no idea how to speak Japanese...sob...sob...sob...so close yet so far...

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That auction unfortunately ended in January. But of course I will keep a lookout for you!
    The set is bloody expensive, though. I wouldn't have guts to snip the parts off.

6. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    If you don't mind the colour difference, you can get the original at www.hlj.com
    Look in gundam under master grade. It's a lot cheaper than this edition and frankly, only needs panel lining to look good.

7. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    I looked around on the sites I usually get my Gundam stuff from and couldn't find anything on him. If I were you I would just keep an eye out for him on eBay. All that hlj.com has is the crystal version and version 1.5. But even those are labeled ofr restock. This guy is pretty rare and I like how his colors match that of the original design of Gundam (see avatar <---).

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yup, I agree because I have him! The OYW RX-78 is the best MG kit IMO...the completed kit virtually feels like a toy (abeit more fragile than a normal toy). I love Bandai's design of the OYW mold, that's why I'm want to buy the above mentioned kit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That silver one is pretty cool. Wow a lucky draw, good luck on obtaining that one.
    Hope you get it though since you have a killer Gundam collection and it would be sad if this guy does'nt make it in there

10. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I guess I will depend on SydneyY and I agree with him the price is a killer! LOL!

11. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    That one does look great. I have been looking at the one year war kit for some time now and considering building it. It is terrible now that I have been carrying Gundam as I just want to build all of them.

Right now I am working on the MG GP-01, MG Strike Freedom, Strike Freedom Lightning Edition and am eagerly awaiting the big one.....Hyper Hybrid Model RX-78.

Spencer

12. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Wow. A MG OYW Real-Type model? I have never seen this before. Looks cool, but I would just as soon paint a regular OYW if I felt I needed a Real-Type.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    You're getting the Hyper Hybrid RX-78? oh, wow. jealousy overload.

14. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Good idea but I have neither the skills nor equipment to paint a model kit...that's why I live the MG lits! :D 

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Well, you could always dye a normal one. all the colors on the normal one can be easily dyed to the color of the real-type. much easier than painting, too.

Well, except for the white. although you should be able to just swap a 1.5 head with the OYW head, although I don't own the OYW version.

or just dye a 1.5

16. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

Ah, this is the RX-78-1, isn't it? The first prototype? No wait, it's more than that. Awesome.

I have the standard OYW Gundam, and I can testify to how awesome it is. the best posability I've ever seen on a Gundam model, easily. (granted, I haven't seen much...) Worth teh money.

17. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    If you really wanted all the colours, just buy three of the kits and then spray each of the sprues with the colours you wanted, black grey and red. Then you could build all the versions shown as you would have all the armour AND three of the inner workings to go along with it. Using a good spray paint should not be too hard to do.

I did the 178 MKII 2.0 and I don't know, it think it may be just a little better for posability. it is amazing how the upper thigh splits when you put in in a crouch position.

Spencer.

18. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

Now see, I've heard about the Mk. II and it's incredible bendy-ness. I can't say I've seen it hands-on, though: the design never appealed to me, and I won't be blowing a wad on a Master Grade I can't tolerate.

Granted, that doesn't always apply, as I DO have a SD Titans Mk. II......

19. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Hmmm, what u suggest seems pretty workable...would simply buying a Tamiya spray cans and spray the kits be enough?

Valkysas - is there any website whereby I can read on how to dye the kits?

agesthreeandup - I strongly recommend the OYW kit. The kit doesn't need to be painted...just add panel kits and its done. Another cool feature of the kit is its posability!

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Kitbash forum here. read the stickies.