How do you get Convention Exclusives if you can't go?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by chaosbringer_00, Feb 25, 2007.

1. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

So when I found out that Botcon was going to be held in Rhode Island this year, I was psyched. It is reasonably close to where I live, so I thought to myself "Gee, I might actually be able to go this year." Then, when I asked my parents about it, they informed me that we were going on our trip to Alaska on that very week. So, obviously, I can't go to Botcon. So my question is, does anybody have any tips on how to get a hold of the exclusives if you aren't there? Any websites that sell them for a reasonable price? Does the convention itself let you order them? I'm sure many of us who miss out on these sorts of things would appreciate some advice.

2. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

pay a lot of money to not go to the convention

have someone who is going on the Primus package buy a second set and then sell them to you.

buy them off of someone who doesnt want them and is selling them for a ridiculously inflated price.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Basically, yes.
    You can register for a non-attendee package which will get you the box set; however, it won't get you the toy attendees get for turning up, nor will it get you the other exclusive figures. You'll probably end up looking on eBay for those.
    Preregistrants have the option to buy a second set of the main exclusives (bagged, rather than boxed). A lot of people get these to sell on to people who couldn't go; the cost is usually determined by the cost of the bagged set. People don't set out to make any money off it. So if you don't want to pay for the non-attendee package (which to be honest is way overpriced, considering you don't get any of the actual convention experience), there is always that possible option too.

4. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Thanks. Any idea how much the non-attendance package goes for?

5. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

6. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I still can't see spending $300 for 5 figures...