Kiss Play Autolooper

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Kupp, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just recieved Kiss Play Autolooper in the mail yesterday and thought I would post my thoughts on him.

First thing I noticed is that his steering wheel is on the right, like the BT RX-8s. He comes with a selection of stickers/transfers, which allow you to give him one of several number designations, as well as EDC makings or I believe Police Markings. There are also a variety of liscence plate transfers.

The one if Recieved was quite tight joined, and he transforms snuggly like a BT. The paint applications are good, only a few minor glitches.

Overall I would say he is very sharp looking, definately one worth picking up if you can ignore the girl, or if your into that kind of thing.

The street cones combine to form a gatling gun, making this guy as well armed as Shockwave.

His head is definately a deviation from previous BT/Alt styles, making him seem much more like something out of a more recent anime.

Overall I really like him and give him an 8 out of 10

And because I know the first reply woiuld be asking for pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just got my Autorooper as well.

First things first: Autorooper is the best name ever.

Moving on...
    I love these Kiss Play "Binaltechs". They combine the sharp looks of the original Binaltechs with the light weight and improved balance of the Alternators.

The police deco is great. Joints are tight. Tighter than my BT Mazdas in fact. The sticker sheet is cool.

So chalk up the third winner for the Kiss Play line. Bring on Leigon.

3. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I got mine yesterday too, from TFSource!

I think he looks great alongside the other WRX and RX8 Alts. And his head just makes him stand out that much more. Makes him look like his own character with his own personality.

I am going to pass on applying the stickers that came with him. Instead, I'm going to get some Autobot stickers to apply!

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Glad to see he is actually as good as he looks, now I just gotta wait for mine to arrive.

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I need him and Rodimus. :( 

6. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    I was able to pick him up in TRU in Tokyo. Unfortunately, he was the only one I found in abundance. I was really looking for Hot Rod. Plenty of him and MP-03s and 04s.

I guess my only real complaint is the packaging, I'm partial to the bubble that the newer alts come in, so you don't have to constanly open a flap to see the toy. The alts you can display them as is.

7. cypherstorm

cypherstorm Well-Known Member

I can't wait for mine to come in from tfsource... shipping takes SOOO long!!! That's what I get for living in Cali oh well, worth the wait. Hey Lion, can you take picture of the store shelves.. just wondering how different TRUs are. just curious.

8. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine is great too, very tight joints makes for great posability and stability. My only gripe that its rather hard to get him transformered because you can barely get the head/neck stand to swing down and fit through the openning in the hood without popping it off completely. Still, I like him a lot. I put the EDC stickers on him (which are nicely pre-cut BTW, I wish Yamato would do that with their Macross toys). The head mold does and yet doesn't mesh up with your usual Transformers style. Its just close enough that you really get the sense that he's human built rather than a true Cybertronian, as per the story.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Im still deciding whether or not I want this guy. I mean I do, however the price is so high. It took me months to decide on getting rodimus, who i did get mainly because he is a major character in the TF lore, where Autorooper is not. Also it will be like my 7th RX8, having the Alt, 2 red BTs, 1 white BT, 1 alt shockwave and 1 BT laserwave.

10. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well as someone who has Laserwave, Shockblast, 2 red Meisters (Zoom-Zoom), one white BT. one white alt, and Autolooper, I think he is worth buying. I didn't put the others in the pics, because what isn't in the pic is still MISB.

11. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Got mine yesterday. He really exceeded my expectations. Mine has very tight joints and feels solid all around. I'm glad I picked him up.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Autorooper: Nice toy, as good as Alt. Meister, and perhaps better in some areas, however:

the neck joint on mine is quite loosey-goosey.

The decals add to th look of the toy, but aren't very good IMO. They appear to have a matte coating to make them less shiny, but it makes them look a bit yellow when stuck over a white area, or gray out when stuck on a black or clear area.

13. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    CAR MODE

I am very glad everyone is happy with there Auotroopers. And at first glance I agree he is a very pleasing figure. However, having recieved mine yesterday from ATaU. I am not as pleased. My example of him I riddled with deficiencies. One of the defining attributes to the kiss players line is paiont apps. from bumper to bumper. And I personaly feel the paint gives the kiss line the looks of the binaltech of old. In this case, as I was looking over my new aquisition only to find bubbled and missing paint. Somethin I am not used to seeing from th line. My convoy and Rodimus did not suffer any of the issues that my Autorooper has.

And that brings me to my next problem. The doors. They do not close all the way and when pushed in, pop right back out. They are also very loose on their hinges. Also where the roof meets the windscreen.....it will not lay flush at the connect point. And what is with the white shifter and emergency brake? Not to mention the white steering column. But hey.....the code lights were clean!

ROBOT MODE

The transformation was equal to that of the other RX-8's, however as with the car mode the doors are extremely loose. But the paint issues are far less noticeable in this mode. And aside from the doors the joints and other moveable parts are pretty tight. The head sculpt takes a bit of getting used to.

14. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Had this guy for a week now so should probably do a write up on him.

Overall I am very satisfied with this toy. However unlike the other Kiss Players thus far Autorooper is more of a mixed bag then Convoy or Hot Rodimus. Like the other Kiss Players, this toys strengths definitely lie in Takara/Tomy's heavy repainting and more significantly retooling of the RX-8 mold. As such because he's pretty much the same as Meister in many respects I'll just talk a little about his differences. The most noticeable and important of which is his obvious face lift and head retool. This aspect of him really seems to be a love/hate thing with most fans. I have to say this was one of the main selling points and reasons for my purchase of the toy and really gives the toy a really refreshing look. Also, aside from giving him the more police car look he's really not much different from Meister. Having Binaltech/Alt Prowl my best description of this toy would be a sort of fusion between Prowl and Meister. I say this as he very much looks like Prowls twin in car mode, and Meister's in robot. But overall his bot and car mode look great.

In terms of accessories which has been a key element in the Kiss Players line I say Autorooper fares well in this regard. Wile some have complained about his stickers, I actually quite like these as well and being able to customize and mix and match a bit, that and I think the decals given are quit suited to this toy. His pylon chain gun has also been a subject of debate among many as well. However like the stickers I also have to break from the fold and say that this is another addition that's really grown on me. While I have to admit it does look a taaad awkward, overall I have really grown to like it. The separate pylons themselves also make a welcome accessory. Even if you might not like the gun so much, they can be quit fun especially when displaying this guy in car mode. The one negative aspect as you might have guessed is Atari. While I dont mind the girly figures that come with the KP line toys as a whole, Atari is very quit bad. All I'll say is what the whole, what I call a barf bag, thing is suppose to be I dont know, nor do I care to. So other then Atari, everything else I think looks pretty good :) 

As I stated at the start of this post I did say Autorooper was a mixed bag. I say this as while I am more then satisfied with many of the changes such as the head, police deco, accessories, etc... this toy is however not without flaw. I say this as I feel the one thing this toy lacks in comparison to Rodimus and Convoy is I feel the quality does not live up to it's predecessors. Plastics seems a little cheaper, all the parts dont fit in quit as nicely, and it feels more like an Alternator. I wouldn't go so far as to say it has any major QC issues or anything, but I feel it does lack the so called "Binaltech" feel to it as the other two. While I point this out I still dont feel it effects my enjoyment of the toy in any real significant way and say this more in passing.

Overall I really like this toy. It's not for everyone though and I understand why many would pass on it. While a unique take on the RX-8 mold, I think for the average collector who maybe already has Meister and Shockblast for example its not a quantum leap in this regard by any means (Wile Hot Rodimus and Convoy I would argue are). For hardcore Alt/BT/BTA/KP fans though this toy wont disappoint. Having every version now of the RX-8 mold this toy for me was still a great buy and a very welcome addition to my collection.

15. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

i just got mine in the mail yesterday and i love him! when i first transformed him he seemed flat in his paint design, much like jazz was, which i got the sticker sheet for jazz which makes him kick alot of ass. so i transformed autorooper back to car mode today and applyed the stickers and i love the sticers, it gives him a more realistic look and more personality, but unlike jazzs sticker sheet, autoroopers is cut in squares instead of the shape of the letters that you are sticking on the figure which make them stand out in my opion, and not in great way. this is the mold that should have been prowl, but then again i only have the blue prowl so i don't know what police car prowl looks like, but if this were prowl instead of autorooper, this would be the best prowl ever. but neways, there is enough difference between this guy and the other rx8s that this warrents a buy, i got him for 65 bucks including 7 day shipping from japan off of ebay. his joints are tight, the tightest of all the alts and binaltech that i have. his head seems a little big but nothing major. all in all, he has his minor flaws like every figure does, but there is no where near enough for me to not love this figure, easily one of the best alts or binaltechs i have. he just looks to cool. now i am very exicted to buy hot rod.