soundwaves alt form in the sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by obin_gam, Jan 14, 2007.

1. obin_gam

obin_gam Cenobiteconbot

Lets play with the thought that Soundwave is gonna be in the sequel.
    What will be his alt mode?

I think alot of us want him to be atleast as tall as megs, or taller, as he was in the cartoons.
    And ofcourse he must have some sort of tapedeck, but with CDs or some other "new-tech" recording media. (And with this comes ravage, lazerbeak etc. etc.)

I dont think he will have the same impact if his altmode was a boombox (some sort of ripoff of this sites' "mascote":wink:  ). As I said here above, he needs to be about the same size as megs.

But what would be a good altmode for him? since theres not gonna be mass-shifting in these flicks, I think something big (to make him sortof the "large silent type who gets things done") and something to do with media.

speculate please?

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Newsvan or spyvan. I really think that would fit him.

One of those special armored SUVs which are outfitted with sonic weapons could work to, though. And if they really CAN'T make up their mind, they could always use a pimped out blue musclecar with lots of sounds installations (yes, I know that the entire 'pimp my ride' thing can be annoying, but considering how common it is these days....).

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually at TransformersCon in Toronto last April Don Murphy stated that mass shifting could possibly be introduced in a sequel. That and he also stated that both the movie team and Hasbro (or at least Hasbro) was insistent that Soundwave be something smaller and something more related to his G1 mode as an updated tape deck (MP3 player or something cant remember the examples given).

This was really the main reason why Soundwave was written out of and pushed back to a possible sequel as he stated that they didn't want to introduce any new technology like mass shifting right away as to confuse the audience. This was since many seeing the movie might not be so familiar with Transformers right off the bat that it would take the first movie to set up everything.

4. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hmmm....

5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    an armored personel carrier equipped with that military sonic attack device (the thing they used on discovery channel's "superweapons"). the back dor on his vehicle would open up and his "cassets" would go in there. instead of casset bots, they'd be either decepticon bots holographically disguised as soldiers or hidden inside part of him like barricade and frenzy.

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    ............................Not like that. >.>

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I think he should be some sort of transport with a satellite unit or communications array. and his minions could transform from his weapons and such.

8. GibsonUSA

GibsonUSA Well-Known Member

It should be something that suits the name "Soundwave".
    I recommend.

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

Some sort of military reconnaissance aircraft that does what Soundwave did....spy.
    "Quietly" hovering in the air without attacking, and gathering information for Megatron. Rumble, Frenzy, Lazerbeak, Ravage, etc. can be attached to this aircraft somehow.

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i like that idea

a communications or maybe a stealth aircraft
    id be down with that

10. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe a nice Stealth Bomber....

or just an updated iPod like device and the cassettes could be based on memory cards?

11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    personally, i hope they wouldnt go down the route of an ipod or something

while yes, its pretty much a direct adaptation of his old tape deck form but an ipod would be kinda lame

and since im not a fan of mass shifting thats kind of another reason

a stealth bomber or some kind of military communications vehicle would be downright rad IMO

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you mean, basically his cybertron self, just a bomber not a fighter, and with more than one minion? :p 

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    well, they're similar alt modes for sure but movie soundwave would have a real life bomber jet mode and probably transform different [and yeah. he could have minions comin out of kahootzits for all i care >:}

14. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

Some kind of TV News van would work well: there's a LOT of electronic stuff packed into there...

A stealth bomber or drone would work as well.

15. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

Soundwave should be like the trailer from Jurassic Park:The Lost World

[​IMG]

16. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

mass shifting, confusing-NO! Still, I could see him as one of the swat trucks that's used to drive out people with loud music.

17. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I reckon this would be cool:
    Right at the end of this movie, we pan back from the final battle/shot, and up to a bird's eye view and smaller.

Finally we get into space, and pass a large satelite.
    One that has a large Decepticon insignia emblazoned on it's side, it starts to transform (silently) as we cut to the credits.

18. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Experimental military special opts SUV. Sensors of every kind in top compartment with satelite dish and other gizmoes, color changing paint for all occasions, even human influencing sonic base devices (those cookie DARPA kids are working on something like this).

If he's gonna be smaller and something related to his G1 mode, then have him be the sound system for said SUV. The SUV is like Primes carriage; it's purpose is to provide support. Heck, it's transformation can be the Blaster to SW's Master (i.e. upgrade or powerarmor).

Also, it'll be an ironic twist if Soundwave's 'cassettes' are larger than him. And they can be land, air, amphibious vehicles, or even satelites (great idea Harlequin). Basically, SW would have mutiple bodies/drones he can choose from/control.

19. obin_gam

obin_gam Cenobiteconbot

I really hope they dont go woth any kind of mass-shifting... as many others have said, it would be cool if he was something of a newsvan or alike, or maybe a spyplane.
    the limitations generated to soundwaves alt form by not having mass-shifting is plenty, but i think its the way to go.

20. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think in the Toyfare interview it was mentioned about Soundwave could be a Hummer loaded with speakers for some badass sound system (in regards to how to translate a character like that into a modern storyline with no mass-shifting). When I read that I immediately thought of the robot mode for the Transtech Soundwave sketch. Me likey.