Definitive World of Warcraft thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Kickback, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    So I'm hooked in this stupid game again and I figured it was time to make a big thread that everyone could just keep replying in, like Jux's CoV/CoH thread.

Joined the Ravenholdt server (RPPvP) on the Alliance side. Name is "Raea". Me and a co-worker created a pure PvP guild that requires shadowmelt (Night Elves) or stealth (Rogues). Just imagine going in to a BG like WSG, rushing the flag to find no one there. You go to grab it and 10 stealthed figures jump out and murder you.

Sweet justice :) 

And I swear to God if another warrior fucking Need rolls on the Defias armor in Deadmines, I'm going to kill lots of people.

2. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

With Burning Crusades I reactivated my account. I'm not AS active as I used to be but I'm still having fun with it again.

Troll Warrior Fyonzee on ER (Heeeeeeey man!)
    And Nica the Tauren Hunter, currently on CC but soon to be migrating to ER when I have a bit of spare cash.

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Friend paid for my account to see if I liked the new honor system. I now have the full HWL armor set for my Warrior. I plan on trying to hunt down the CE of Burning Crusade to go alongside the CE of vanilla I have.

I barely play since Im not much for doing "end game" stuff that takes hours and hours. Also screw allies gettinng inviso spawn-in level 65 gurads while our guards at xroads still forget that theyre guards.

4. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Cloaked Enemys are nothing, then agian I always have a Hunter. Freeze Trap+Cheetah Aspect great for FCs.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Man, I've always wanted to get into Warcraft but I don't think there's enough time in one day to make time for it. I've heard that this game tends to take over your life.

6. seven

They're not cloaked. They just don't show up at all until you cross over into their towns or you attack an NPC. They'll stop chase and go on a semi patrol or stand guard afterwards but if you attack a different NPC then a different level 65 guard will spawn in. Me and my friend had 9 different level 65 guards hanging out in goldshire since we went on a "destroy their economy for 2 minutes" killing spree.

7. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I've been playing it for a month now. Love it.

Had to log off though, the server i'm on (Firetree) must be having a 'horde attacks' night.

I logged on, went to a mailbox and checked my mail. BAM! I'm dead.
    Rezz'd, when to a forge to make some daggers. BAM! I'm dead again.
    Rezz'd, walked to another town to do a quest. BAM! BAM! killed twice before I got there.

Figured the safe area's weren't so I went into Duskwood to do some quests.
    Saw a ?? Orc Shaman, and preparred to get beaten. He walked by. Two steps later his big white cat killed me.
    I rezz'd, and was in the process of telling a friend why I was late in meeting here, when BAM! Same guy got me again.

I rezz'd, and met up with my friend. While walking to Darkshire, BAM! I got killed again. They let my friend go.

I rezz'd, got to darkshire, to find the entire town a battle ground, filled with the horde.

I logged out before they got me. I've had enough for one night. :) 

8. Kickback

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You should call come to my server. It says Roleplay, but we never do, and my buddy made me "Guild Leader" because I'm a better liason with people than he is. That means I have the POWAH! And the PvP is all the more worthit.

9. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

I just always call all Shadowmeld/Stealth enemys Cloaked. I really have no clue why you got into talking about town guards and stuff.

10. seven

I just figured you were talking about my inviso spawn in gaurds comment since it was right after my post.

11. Kickback

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    So last night my co-worker and I did a few runs of Wailing Caverns then decided to stop at the Crossroads in the Barrens and have some fun.

We're both Night Elves, though I'm a rogue, so we both have the ability to shadowmelt/stealth. So we decided to play a game of bait. My guildie shadowmelts on one of the hills on the south side of the Crossroads, and I run out near the front and start dancing, etc.

So three or four 15-20 levels decide to start hacking on me as I'm running away and bam ... guildie's pet and her nasty bow-crits are hacking them to pieces. I turn and finish off one or two myself (even with the lower health). Now that they know she's there, I stealth and she plays bait. She's higher level than most of them (33) so most just watched her. Some that were closer to her level could see me stealthed, no big deal, and no one really tried to attack us. We decided to leave to Ratchet to get out and return home.

Before we do though, my guildy goes shadowmelt and I proceed to act like I'm killing deer. A 25 hunter that we were taunting decides to take a shot ... literally ... and sends his pet after me and shoots me with his shotgun. Guildy un-shadowmelts and fires poison shot and concussive shot, I run up and backstab .... 25 hunter dead :D 

It's moments like that which keep me in this game.

12. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

...And this is why I dont take the bait and flag against Alliance in crossroads. (Or anywhere). :)  You can get your honor points off of someone else. ;) 

13. CSpuppydog

CSpuppydog Well-Known Member

World of Warcraft....

what server do you all play on?

I play on Turalyon

14. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I don't play or plan to. Mainly because most gamers will migrate over to Burning Crusade. I don't know whther you can still play with the BC people if you have original WoW. And I am not spending $100 to find out.

15. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Kick has a "definitive" thread going here somewhere ... that'll have a lot more info in it.

16. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

You can play with anyone. The Burning Crusade is just an expansion.

17. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'm on Icecrown... Night Elf Rogue.

I'm picking up BC tonight at midnight. :D 

18. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Every other game on this planet establishes a natural equilibrium within a user's daily life but World of Warcraft does not. You play one hour and they multiply and they keep multiplying until all of your hours have been consumed and then it spreads to another user. There is one other type of program on the internet that exhibits the same behaviour. Do you know what that is? A virus. You see, World of Warcraft is a disease... a cancer of cyberspace. And Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is the cure.

19. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

LOL!!! transfer to a PVE Server.

20. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Heh